PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classic BB in the post game... [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

After Matt Cassel threw the interception returned for a touchdown, you put Tom Brady back in. Why?
"Because of the score."

And the other quarterback, Matt Gutierrez? Was something wrong with Matt Cassel that Gutierrez went in?
"We were just trying to win the game, that's all. We were just trying to win the game."

But the score was 42-21
"Yeah, one more turnover and it's a 14-point game in the middle of the fourth quarter. Yeah, I was at the game."

Is that why you went to the two-minute offense at the end of the first half?
"It's the first half. It's the first half. Look, we've all seen games -- the Tampa-Indianapolis game a couple of years ago, 21 points in four minutes, whatever it is -- I mean, don't tell me about leads in this league. Until the final gun goes off, it's not a win."

Uh oh...don't let chick....Mo Ho and the rest of the "bunch" hear this transcript.....oh gawd....he didn't say that did he??? You mean our defense should have been playing tighter and not giving up 21 points to the worst offense in the league??????? Wait a minute......you mean our backup QB should be able to come into the game and run cruise control and not create a TO that is returned for a TD....against the worst team in the league......uh oh Bill....I think you cracked a ton of rose colored glasses here........good to see some sanity there BB.........thank gawd he serves up the humble pie.....too bad so many fans here can't stand the taste of it :(

LMAO. It's an utter waste of time trying to get these clowns to see the light of day but it is very entertaining. These are people who change their tune to fit the facts. After all, the D "stopped playing to avoid injury" but Brady kept playing because I guess Belichick doesn't care if he's injured :rolleyes:
Similarly, the offense kept trying to score because the game wasn't over but I guess the defense didn't get the message since according to the homers here, they "stopped playing due to the score". Then of course, Vrabel jumping into J. Thomas with seconds left in the game was A-OK because the "Pats play to the whistle" but the Pats D playing like crap is because "the game was over" with two full quarters of football left. :rolleyes:

Again, the crap these homers come up with to excuse the flaws of the Pats D is quite hilarious.

It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say when Indy hangs 60 on us if this is the defense that shows up on Nov. 4th.

Then of course, Vrabel jumping into J. Thomas with seconds left in the game was A-OK because the "Pats play to the whistle" but the Pats D playing like crap is because "the game was over" with two full quarters of football left. :rolleyes:

This may very well be the stupidest thing ever written in the history of mankind. You fail to show even the most basic tenets of comprehension in the difference in context between these two examples. Playing to the whistle and not quitting on an individual play is not the same thing as suffering a mild letdown during the second half of a blowout. See, you can even play to the whistle while having that letdown, because they aren't mutually exclusive. You can play to the whistle, poorly. Really, I swear, I know it seems incomprehensible, but it's true.

If it's 48-21 a turnover doesn't cut the lead to 14. His math is wrong.

Colts scored 21 in 4 minutes not 14. He is a genius right?

His math isn't wrong, the quote is, the score was 42-21, not 48.

This may very well be the stupidest thing ever written in the history of mankind. You fail to show even the most basic tenets of comprehension in the difference in context between these two examples. Playing to the whistle and not quitting on an individual play is not the same thing as suffering a mild letdown during the second half of a blowout. See, you can even play to the whistle while having that letdown, because they aren't mutually exclusive. You can play to the whistle, poorly. Really, I swear, I know it seems incomprehensible, but it's true.

:rofl:

See, I knew you could exceed your prior stupidity. Got a good laugh from it too, thanks. Listen, I'm just repeating the idiotic excuses your fellow homers have been spewing. According to them, there was no "letdown", the Pats D deliberately played like crap due to the score. They weren't "trying and failed" since that claim would support those of us who think they played crappy even though they WERE trying. Tell you what. I'll give you some time to have a homer meeting and you can decide which excuse you want to go with. Okay. Good luck.

See, I knew you could exceed your prior stupidity. Got a good laugh from it too, thanks. Listen, I'm just repeating the idiotic excuses your fellow homers have been spewing. According to them, there was no "letdown", the Pats D deliberately played like crap due to the score. They weren't "trying and failed" since that claim would support those of us who think they played crappy even though they WERE trying. Tell you what. I'll give you some time to have a homer meeting and you can decide which excuse you want to go with. Okay. Good luck.

You, of all people, calling someone else stupid, is the most laughable thing ever. Really, you're out of your league, it's best you quit now, because even in this response, you show no signs of comprehension.

Yes, you are correct. He is a genius.

No defense plays well with a mega-slaughter lead....NONE

LMAO. It's an utter waste of time trying to get these clowns to see the light of day but it is very entertaining. These are people who change their tune to fit the facts. After all, the D "stopped playing to avoid injury" but Brady kept playing because I guess Belichick doesn't care if he's injured :rolleyes:
Similarly, the offense kept trying to score because the game wasn't over but I guess the defense didn't get the message since according to the homers here, they "stopped playing due to the score". Then of course, Vrabel jumping into J. Thomas with seconds left in the game was A-OK because the "Pats play to the whistle" but the Pats D playing like crap is because "the game was over" with two full quarters of football left. :rolleyes:

Again, the crap these homers come up with to excuse the flaws of the Pats D is quite hilarious.

It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say when Indy hangs 60 on us if this is the defense that shows up on Nov. 4th.

Why can't we all agree that PF1996 is a fool and knows nothing abou the GAME of football. If we all make this declaration, then it is fact and so it will be written.

All in favor of PF1996 being placed upon the list of permanent fools, say "Ay":rocker:

Hey. Ass. The QUESTIONER said it was 42-21 at the time. A TD DOES cut it to 14. Go sell stupid elsewhere, we're all stocked up h- oh wait...

Last edited:
Classic, classic, classic BB all the way:

" Yeah, I was at the game "

I nearly bust a gut after that.....folks, can it get any better than this??

Hey. Ass. The QUESTIONER said it was 42-21 at the time. A TD DOES cut it to 14. Go sell stupid elsewhere, we're all stocked up h- oh wait...

I was quoting the thread starter dummy. He said it not me. :confused:

I would love to have heard what Big Bill would have had to say to that guy. He would have gotten a tongue lashing even more severe than the one today.

Well, at least that's what the Bud Lite commercials imply.

I wouldn't know. I never heard him speak much (I was too busy laughing.)

Why can't we all agree that PF1996 is a fool and knows nothing abou the GAME of football. If we all make this declaration, then it is fact and so it will be written.

All in favor of PF1996 being placed upon the list of permanent fools, say "Ay":rocker:

OMG - you're so insecure, you're now begging for validation from others.

Keep it coming guys, keep it coming. Your amusing comments (which, by the way, have yet to refute the point that the Pats D played terribly), make for a welcome distraction from my anxiety about the Pats D. :D

man was he angry when someone suggested why he put brady back in when cassell threw the int.

his response was -paraphrashing

BB: because of the score

Q: its 48-21
BB: yes ..one more turnover and its a 14pt game in the 4th quarter. I was at the game.
BB: Dont tell me about leads in this league. The tampa indy game they sscored 14 pts in 4 mins or so so no game is over until the final gun goes off.
Q: Uh, coach, wasn't it 21 points in 4 minutes?

BB: Yeah, whatever the hell it was!

Q: Uh, coach, wasn't it 21 points in 4 minutes?

BB: Yeah, whatever the hell it was!

Actually, SVN butchered the quote. The reporter said 42-21, and Belichick said 21, not 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST