PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF/WEEI: Brady vs. Belichick is no contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask yourself this question: do they win three Super Bowls with Pete Carroll at the helm with Brady at quarterback?

As long as the other 52 players - and the coaches - are the same, and Scott Pioli - not Booby Grier - is buying the groceries, then Carroll & Brady vs. Belichick & Bledsoe might not be as one-sided (in favor of the latter) as one might suppose.

Can't it just be the perfect marriage. Neither of them would be quite as good without the other.

Can't it just be the perfect marriage. Neither of them would be quite as good without the other.

Not on this forum it can't. It must be one or the other!! Blood must pour!!! *bonfires blaze as forum members prepare to burn witches, BB, or Brady respectively*

Not on this forum it can't. It must be one or the other!! Blood must pour!!! *bonfires blaze as forum members prepare to burn witches, BB, or Brady respectively*

I guess we would have to go up to Salem for that right? On October 31st?

I've never been to Salem for Halloween, but I've heard that it's a good bit o' fun.

Do you think Belichick could have won three Superbowls with Drew Bledsoe

at quarterback? Highly unlikely!
Do you think Vince Lombardi could have? Bill Parcells couldn't win one.

Do you think Vince Lombardi could have? Bill Parcells couldn't win one.

Parcells might have if he hadn't been too busy trying to get his groove on with the Jets.

I've never been to Salem for Halloween, but I've heard that it's a good bit o' fun.

From what I remember, you could trick or treat just about any time a year in that town. lol

As long as the other 52 players - and the coaches - are the same, and Scott Pioli - not Booby Grier - is buying the groceries, then Carroll & Brady vs. Belichick & Bledsoe might not be as one-sided (in favor of the latter) as one might suppose.

But the question was, do they win 3 Super Bowls with Carroll as head coach with the exact same rosters from each of those championship years? Especially considering what they had to do to win the Rams game on defense, I'm going with they probably don't.

There's no question Brady's a great quarterback, but let's face it, Belichick's also a great coach. Anyone who believes otherwise is just making a foolish argument. As I said I'm of the belief that all great coaches need players that can execute their game plans effectively. It's not like we haven't heard dozens of players talk about the fact that each week Belichick tells them what's going to happen, and they end up seeing exactly what he told them to expect. I don't recall hearing that about past coaches....but maybe I just missed it :rolleyes:

So it would be nice if everyone would admit that we're lucky as fans to have had both here in New England.

Ian

Parcells might have if he hadn't been too busy trying to get his groove on with the Jets.

And if a healthy Troy Brown were on the ST KO coverage - instead of Hason Graham, then Desmond Howard probably doesn't run for the death-blow TD.

That was def. a winnable game, even considering Reggie White's manhandling of our OL.

The story goes that, on the Tuna-free flight back to RI, Kraft sits beside - and has his first real conversations with - Bill Belichick, whom Kraft considered hiring as his next HC. Instead, he heeded the advice of Booby Grier, whose side he took against Parcells.

But the question was, do they win 3 Super Bowls with Carroll as head coach with the exact same rosters from each of those championship years? Especially considering what they had to do to win the Rams game on defense, I'm going with they probably don't.

Ian

I agree; I don't think they do, either.

Now ask yourself another question: Do the NEP win 3 SBs with BB at the helm and Bledsoe - or Bishop, Friesz, Davey, et.al. - at QB?

I agree; I don't think they do, either.

Now ask yourself another question: Do the NEP win 3 SBs with BB at the helm and Bledsoe - or Bishop, Friesz, Davey, et.al. - at QB?

No, because none of them could have done what were asked by the coaching staff. They either would have tried to make plays with their feet (Davey, Bishop) or thrown ill-advised interceptions (Bledsoe - and I've made it clear that I am/was a Bledsoe fan back in the day). I can't speak for Friesz because we never really saw him in game action, and I don't recall him doing much after he left here either.

I do think that had Belichick become head coach here instead of following Parcells in '97 that they may have won it then, because they had the talent and Bledsoe was still playing well. But unfortunately he started declining after that and was more or less finished (ie: playing at a championship level) by the time Belichick got here.

Bill Belichick is a bum. Rich Kotite would have won more SBs with Brady as his QB.

Matt Cassel would already be league MVP if Jimmy Johnson was his coach.

Can't wait to see that no talent Belichick run out of here so we can get a good coach like Herm Edwards in here.

If we put Brady on the Arizona Cardinals in 2001, would they have been to the SB four times?

Well said..

This is an incredibly stupid argument, most people agree that BB is a football genius, he put the team in a position to win.. TB does not play all 22 positions and develop game plans.. both are headed to the HOF.. the same argument can be made about Bill Walsh/Joe Montana, Jimmy Johnson/Troy Aikman...on and on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST