PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF: Have we seen the end of New England's dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just win the damn Super Bowl and shut all this talk up.

Agreed - not to say I'm in the "we suck because we don't win every year" camp, but I think a SB or two in the next 5 to 6 years would really cement this run and put NE in the talk as possibly most impressive dynasty in NFL history. I suppose they could already make an argument, seeing as they are the only dynasty in the salary cap years (Denver's mini-late 90s fiasco was in the cap ERA, but they didn't let that stop them).

As far as I'm concerned the "dynasty" has been over for a while now. We have come up short the last 4 years.

And we will continue to come up short unless the FO stops producing lousy drafts such as 2004, 2006, 2007, and perhaps 2008. It's why Pittsburgh, Miami & Dallas eventually faded, and why Oakland & SF were able to keep it going for as long as they did.

This reminds me......

Don't do drugs

This reminds me......

Don't do drugs

Maybe the real problem is that they are dabbling in the wrong kind... I'd suggest prescription drugs to calm them down. The dynasty question is legit. Bashing the team for taking a few years off of winning SBs is over-the-top. Why can't everyone stop with the 2007 draft rip downs ??? In that draft, I believe they got Merriweather, Welker, Moss, and the rights to draft Mayo the following year. If anything, 07 was epic !

As far as I'm concerned the "dynasty" has been over for a while now. We have come up short the last 4 years.

you really don't know what you're talking about. Let's look at the other "dynasties" of the SB era.

the Montana '49ers needed nine seasons to get Joe his four rings, including three "off years" between number two and three, so Tommy and Bill are right on that schedule. Landry's Cowboys needed nine seasons to get to five SB's, losing three of them. The Gibbs' Redskins needed ten seasons to win three SB's and lose another. If you consider the 70's/80's Raiders a dynasty (debatable), they needed eight seasons to win three. It was only the Noll/Bradshaw Steelers who packed four Lombardi's into only six seasons.

Let's keep a little perspective. The Brady/Belichick dynasty ain't over until Brady and/or Belichick move(s) on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News