Chemistry Between Meyers and Stidham Could Be Big for Patriots in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Chemistry Between Meyers and Stidham Could Be Big for Patriots in 2020

Ian Logue

While the argument can certainly made that Meyers may have not quite been where he needed to be with Brady, one thing that is interesting is looking at his production with Stidham throwing him the football.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect much bigger and better things from Meyers and Harry with JS4. More of a vertical passing attack in the offense please.

I expect much bigger and better things from Meyers and Harry with JS4. More of a vertical passing attack in the offense please.

The more technical aspects of football aren't my strong point (too lazy! :crying::D) so I will just say that Jakobi gives me that becomes-a-reliable-3rd-down-conversion vibe, which I like.

I think we're going to see Jakobi catch multiple STDs this season.

Wishful thinking...will he even make the team?

I think one thing that will be missing is, the Brady-Chemistry issue. So many times throughout the years, we had to hear, oh it takes time to gain Brady's trust, or, he never got on the same page with Brady. Not ragging on Brady, but I don't think that'll be an issue with Stidham. He's not going to spend all game keying in on Edelman, he will pass to everyone. Watch his preseason last year, sure he had excellent chemistry with Meyers, BUT, he hit EVERYONE on passes, so many different guys. And I think it'll be the same thing in the regular season.

Wishful thinking...will he even make the team?

I agree. We might not carry 5 WR's with Dugger as our PR. Meyers would need to beat out Lee. That being said, Meyers should have an inside chance at a roster spot./\

I agree. We might not carry 5 WR's with Dugger as our PR. Meyers would need to beat out Lee. That being said, Meyers should have an inside chance at a roster spot./\
But I thought he was on his way to an All Pro season? I mean he and Stid the Kid connected on a few passes in pre season, things are about to explode! ;)

I think one thing that will be missing is, the Brady-Chemistry issue. So many times throughout the years, we had to hear, oh it takes time to gain Brady's trust, or, he never got on the same page with Brady. Not ragging on Brady, but I don't think that'll be an issue with Stidham. He's not going to spend all game keying in on Edelman, he will pass to everyone. Watch his preseason last year, sure he had excellent chemistry with Meyers, BUT, he hit EVERYONE on passes, so many different guys. And I think it'll be the same thing in the regular season.

What I think we're going to see is a young fresh QB with good accuracy and a lot more mobility.

What I think we're going to miss are those crucial last minute drives where everyone has to be on the same page. WR and the QB knowing where to go based on how the safety moved post snap.

I'm excited to see what Stidham can do but anticipate some growing pains especially late in a game.

But I thought he was on his way to an All Pro season? I mean he and Stid the Kid connected on a few passes in pre season, things are about to explode! ;)
\\
What does being good enough in preseason to compete for a roster spot have to do with expecting an all-pro season?

\\
What does being good enough in preseason to compete for a roster spot have to do with expecting an all-pro season?
Exactly! Listening to some you would think they don't know that.

With Myers, there are three questions to answer:

1.) can he create separation and get open?
2.) can he run the correct option route given the coverage?
3.) can he catch the ball?

Three answers of yes and he will make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST