PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chatham all but guarantees Jets victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a reason Chatham wasn't a Patriot this season, and now I know why. He is not willing to pay the price and appears (as most Jests players and fans are) to only be thankful they made the POs, not even thinking of winning the SB like the Pats do every year.

I think the Pats will be more than willing to give Chatham, his team mates and fans the chance to wallow in their mediocrity this off season.

question is..which patriot player has heard it yet ? ..damn we miss rodney in such situations :)

Chatham isn't a Patriot anymore because he sucks as an inside linebacker. During preseason '05 he was installed at ILB to see if he could win a spot there. He could not beat out Monty Beisel or Chad Brown. If you can believe it, Chatham had worse instincts than Beisel. He was also getting slow on special teams.

I'm glad we have Pierre Woods and Corey Mays instead. They are faster and might develop, unlike Chatham who has leveled out.

I can't believe how many people are giving Chatham a pass on this one. He was talking smack, plain and simple.

QB12

Being a Patriot is not for the mentally weak.

Reading through the rest of the article, there was this little gem....

Added Pete Kendall: “You have to remember, too, there’s still enough guys here who took a 15-1 Steelers team to the wire two years ago. The people in positions of leadership here carry that confidence with them. We’re not who people on the outside say we are. We may not win every game, but we feel we can go play.”

That's great, Pete. In the Pats locker room, they have a couple folks left who not only took the 15-1 steelers to the wire, but actually spanked them. Then they went ahead and won the superbowl to boot. I'm glad the Jets feel confident, but they just don't get it. Getting close and making a game of it just doesn't cut it.

I don't think he guaranteed victory. He was just happy he wouldn't be in a miserable lockeroom when his team losses. Sounds like he can walk off the field after a playoff loss with a smile on his face. Good for him, I guess.

He said "if and when" not "if" hence he guaranteed the victory.

Chatham = Idiot.

If he could "guarantee" he'd play better, he'd still be here. He'll be one of the Jets I'll be laughing at tomorrow during the rout.

That is not even close to a guarantee. That is pretty weak if that is all the bulliten board material the Pats have.

Thank you Matt. Thank you very much.
This little gems always seem to give the Patriots just a little more motivation.

To Chatham and Kendall - When you have to tell someone how tough you are, you're likely not as tough as you think.

These remarks suggest kendall and Chatham feel a bit of doubt growing in the Jets locker room and, being 'leaders', they want the rest of the team to hear them talking tough (tempered just a bit) in public to demonstrate the attitude all players should be embracing. Their bubble is getting close to bursting and that has started to worry much of the team, I bet. Losing this game would provoke the players to ponder their real personality - maybe they are more like the 4-12 squad from last year, or the 10-6 in 2006 team that really beat no one but the Pats in a mid-season fiasco.

They desperately want to win but given the lack of history to back up the Jets' feeling of accomplishment for 2006, if the game tomorrow starts to go badly the doubt I speak of could consume the weaker players and effectively distract the Vilmas, Coles, Rhodes, and Penningtons.

A 40-16 spanking by the Pats could ruin this team for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
We're talking Matt Chatham here. Matt Chatham. Not Tedy Bruschi, not Mike Vrabel. Matt Chatham. We are talking Matt Chatham. Matt Chatham. Not Junior Seau, not Rosevelt Colvin. Matt Chatham. We're talking Matt Chatham...

Really. I mean this is the same guy who played for us for six years and his highlight was endorsing Bush in PFW. Chatham got tired of taking the heat here, even though he was never in the spotlight and did hardly anything. He's a loser playing for a losing franchise.

“You leave losses in New England, and the sky is falling. They take it that way. Maybe it’s an overreaction, maybe it’s not,” Chatham said. “I would hate to be in that locker room in this offseason if and when they lose to us . . . it’s a scenario, thank God, I don’t have to live with.”
No folks, that’s not a misprint. Chatham didn’t cave in when asked to clarify his last lines. He didn’t alter or change anything. He repeated those final words a second time.

“That’s what I’m saying,” he shot back for emphasis.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=175636

Is this an incendiary statement?
Thank God I won't have to
be in the Patriots locker room
"if and when they lose to us."

If BB and the assistants can convince our scholar-athletes
that this amounts to "all but guaranteeing a victory" ...
then more power to us.

But it depends upon not being able to read straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST