PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Scott placed on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have Earthwind Moreland's number?

Have we heard any details of the injury yet? I haven't seen any in this thread...

I am surprised this guy has lasted in the NFL as long as he has with his proven track record of missing huge chunks of seasons on IR and on the injury list in the past several years.

if it ain't Brady, it just doesn't matter.

NE is like windows: plug 'n play, without the crashes.

Anybody have Earthwind Moreland's number?

If I had, I wouldn't tell anyone.

But I'm sure the FO has Ray Mickens' number.

Robert Tate is also available. He has some size, experience and desire to play. Juran Bolden is another UFA that fits Scott's physical profile.

I have a feeling, though, that the FO will wait to see what it has with the rest of the DBs before making any moves, barring further injuries.

The team also has Antwann Spann that they can re-sign. A lot of people were high on him. Though it was surprising to see him cut before camp.

This might mean Merriweather starts at Cb week 1. I hope we can get use out of this 1st round pick this year unlike some previous 1st rounders (COUGHS: Chad Jackson...Cough:::)

Actually, if healthy (HUGE IF) Wilson and Gay are much better than we're likely to find. Once Meriwether works in, I really see Wilson mostly at corner.

Somebody mentioned Mickens which leaves Troy as the emergency where he belongs IMO.

His size will be hard to replace with someone decent, though.

This might mean Merriweather starts at Cb week 1. I hope we can get use out of this 1st round pick this year unlike some previous 1st rounders (COUGHS: Chad Jackson...Cough:::)

(COUGHS: Chad Jackson was NOT a first rounder...He was pick #36 in the SECOND round...Cough:::)

The team also has Antwann Spann that they can re-sign. A lot of people were high on him. Though it was surprising to see him cut before camp.
he was injured as well..more nagging type things so certainly, he could make it back as could Mickens..shadow roster...too early for that.

The FO might find it somewhat easier to find UFAs with some talent at FS, and give more reps at CB to Wilson, Meriweather, and possibly Hawkins.

I'm also pulling for BC kid Anam to make a positive impression.

despite this being good for the Jets it is sad to see, wish him all the best.his career has been hampered with injuries.

Re: Bye Bye Scott

What I am saying is "quit whining like little girls".

I would take that to heart if I didn't know you would be saying the same thing if Brady went down with a serious injury.

Sometimes hopeless sunshine pumpers such as yourself are as annoying as those who dare to express concern about a CB situation that is already thin to begin with because of Samuel's situation. Couple that with the virtual certainty other players in the secondary will be lost to injuries and those with at least some grasp of reality have cause for concern.

Or maybe you could just point BB in the direction of the "Magic CB Tree"......

Last edited:
As I mentioned recently, I don't think anyone is worried about our secondary as is after the loss of Chad Scott. IMO it comes down to the assumption that his injury is just the first of several in the secondary which has become the norm. If Samuel indeed does sit out, Gay gets hurt and then James or Wilson gets banged up during a game, then certainly the loss of Scott is important. With the way the last few seasons have gone, it's easy to see something like that happening.

Back in 2004, I don't think anyone would have shed a tear if Randall Gay had gone to IR early in training camp. However, by the time we played St. Louis and Samuel got hurt in the game, he was our #1 corner with only Earthwind Moreland and Troy Brown behind him.

Again, I don't think people are worried about our secondary without Chad Scott right now, I think they're worried about what the secondary might be later on without Scott.

Precisely. If Scott is the only injured DB this year, not only would it be a miracle akin to the Red Sea parting but cause for celebratory drinks all around. As it is, I think most of us know that is pie in the sky. There will be others. It's the cummulative effect that matters, not the loss of Scott who by all accounts is a midling talent.

Precisely. If Scott is the only injured DB this year, not only would it be a miracle akin to the Red Sea parting but cause for celebratory drinks all around. As it is, I think most of us know that is pie in the sky. There will be others. It's the cummulative effect that matters, not the loss of Scott who by all accounts is a midling talent.

Because the fewer CBs available in camp, the more reps for the others; meaning the greater the chance that another CB is injured. And there's still a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST