PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chad Jackson called his agent, David Canter, and uttered: ``I'm back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins lost, Jackson is here/back, Bruschi is back. It just keeps getting better.

scott99 said:
Man, even if he suits up, and I see #17 on the sidelines I'd be psyched !! Though the fact that Gabriel has a hammy problem too scares me. Maybe that's why we got him for a 5th ??
Yea he probably seriously injured just like Bradys shoulder.

Jackson looks like an absolute BEAST in that photo.

Heard in Chad's agent's office today:

"Mr. Canter, Scott Pioli on line one, please."

"Hey, Scott, my friend, nice to see my boy Chad back, huh? ... oh, what? ... well, no I don't think I gave out too much information on his status ... no, no, I was just repeating what Chad told me, no big deal, right, Scott buddy? ... Bill Belichick said that about me? ... oh, OK ... right, everything comes from you guys on injuries, got it, won't happen again ... sorry about that one, Scott ... it'll all be behind us in our next negotiation, right, big guy?"

My bet: we never hear David Canter utter another word about an injured player of his on the Pats.

"I was leaving late one night, and this tall skinny kid approached me holding a pizza box. I said, "I know who you are; you're Tom Brady, sixth-round pick from Michigan," and he replied, 'and I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.' I was stunned. The amazing thing is he didn't say it to be arrogant...he was sincere...I went home and told everyone about it." - Bob Kraft

-----------

So that's were my pizza went. - Tedy Bruschi

PlattsFan said:
Heard in Chad's agent's office today:

"Mr. Canter, Scott Pioli on line one, please."

"Hey, Scott, my friend, nice to see my boy Chad back, huh? ... oh, what? ... well, no I don't think I gave out too much information on his status ... no, no, I was just repeating what Chad told me, no big deal, right, Scott buddy? ... Bill Belichick said that about me? ... oh, OK ... right, everything comes from you guys on injuries, got it, won't happen again ... sorry about that one, Scott ... it'll all be behind us in our next negotiation, right, big guy?"

Pioli: "And while I have you on the line Mr. Canter, we didn't force you and Mr. Jackson to sign that 4 year contract, now. Did we?"

Great article by Reiss who wrote - just in case you missed it - that Jackson was "impressive in offseason camps". Jackson's upper-body physical development looks excellent, so he has obviously been working out a lot.

If Chad is really back .... he may not know everything or practiced
everything but I bet there are a set of plays he's practiced and ready to
execute. He doesn't need to know everything to contribute.
I'd be surprised if he's not activated ... if he is really back.

If Chad Jackson can be half as good as that OTHER Chad, I'd be thrilled !!

scott99 said:

I loved the "other" Chad coming out of college (and remember lobbying the television set hard for the Pats to take him, in the lounge of an office building I had to be at during the draft that day), and I was even more impressed with this Chad when I started breaking him down for the draft, so I can say with some confidence that I think our Chad can be every bit as good as Mr. Fathead.

scott99 said:

Chad Brown:rolleyes:

Born_a_Patriot said:
Chad Brown:rolleyes:

Hey, Chad Brown was a pro-bowler at one time, so don't knock the Chads !!! As far as Chad Johnson, TJ Housyourmomma was his teammate at Oregon, and drafted in the 7th round the same year Johnson was their second round pick. I remember being intrigued by his name, and pretty good size & speed. It's funny that they wound up starting on the Bengals together. The Bengals are pretty stacked at WR. We will have some good starters eventually when both Jackson & Gabriel are fully healthy. I drool at the thought of having two starting receivers over 5'10".

W(Ron)ong Bogus worst nightmare

Jackson comes

We don't miss a beat.

Branch loses his arbitration.

No one misses/cares.

Bogus goes home sad with his usual erectile dysunction.

I think it would be more apt for Jackson to utter: "I'm here."

tombonneau said:
I think it would be more apt for Jackson to utter: "I'm here."

Exactly.

Ten Characters.

Just remember to STRETCH before playing, Chad.

JR4 said:
If Chad is really back .... he may not know everything or practiced
everything but I bet there are a set of plays he's practiced and ready to
execute. He doesn't need to know everything to contribute.
I'd be surprised if he's not activated ... if he is really back.

Come on now. This is what I'm talking about. I read the Reiss article and I don't have anything bad to say about it but calling it a "great article?" Are you serious? Everyone on the planet knows Jackson looked good in mini-camp. Seriously, that is a run-of-the-mill news story. There is nothing wrong with it, I'm not saying Reiss did a bad job, I just can't believe you would call that a great article. I don't even think Reiss would say that.

scott99 said:
Hey, Chad Brown was a pro-bowler at one time, so don't knock the Chads !!! As far as Chad Johnson, TJ Housyourmomma was his teammate at Oregon, and drafted in the 7th round the same year Johnson was their second round pick. I remember being intrigued by his name, and pretty good size & speed. It's funny that they wound up starting on the Bengals together. The Bengals are pretty stacked at WR. We will have some good starters eventually when both Jackson & Gabriel are fully healthy. I drool at the thought of having two starting receivers over 5'10".

This Chad thing is out of control. I feel like a Dade County election commissioner.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST