PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CB Antonio Cromartie to hit trading block...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine with that if you're absolutely 100% certain he's not damaged goods. But I can't figure out why SD would be shopping him otherwise. One subpar season should not be enough.

bet he didnt fully recover, or cant fully recover from his hip injury, that is why the chargers want to trade him.

Bingo. When I see cornerback and hip injury together, that's about as big of an injury red flag as you can get. Hip injuries are not an easy thing to come back from..

Bingo. When I see cornerback and hip injury together, that's about as big of an injury red flag as you can get. Hip injuries are not an easy thing to come back from..

Probably not, but I'd take a chance on him if the price is right. I just don't think SD would deal him to us. But if we check his medicals, and our doctors are comfortable, AND the Chargers are willing to trade him to the Pats, I give them back their 2nd before they can change their freakin' minds.

Cromartie was never "all-world". He got a lot of picks... but he got beat quite a bit too.

Probably not, but I'd take a chance on him if the price is right. I just don't think SD would deal him to us. But if we check his medicals, and our doctors are comfortable, AND the Chargers are willing to trade him to the Pats, I give them back their 2nd before they can change their freakin' minds.

If its Cromartie or the 47th pick to select a CB, i'll take Cromartie. I dont want another Wheatley (given, he may end up being great, so maybe this isnt the best statement, but given the limited we did see).

The Chargers aren't going to trade Cromartie to the Patriots.

Let's send theirs back to 'em.

Honestly? I am not sure I see the Chargers dealing with the Pats if this was true.

And this may just be a rumor.

Cromartie was never "all-world". He got a lot of picks... but he got beat quite a bit too.
He also intercepted Manning 4 times, 3 in one game. If he gets in Peyton's head, it works for me...provided he's 100% healthy..

If this was actually true he is probably shipped to an NFC team. SD wont help out another AFC rival.

I would be very happy if they deal Tomlinson and Cromartie. IMO, choosing Sproles at RB will be a huge setback for that franchise.

He also intercepted Manning 4 times, 3 in one game. If he gets in Peyton's head, it works for me...provided he's 100% healthy..

He has one big game against a banged up Colts offense in 2007. He is by far not in Peyton's head.

I would be very happy if they deal Tomlinson and Cromartie. IMO, choosing Sproles at RB will be a huge setback for that franchise.

There are already rumors from New Orleans the Saints are interested in LT. Possibly they are in Cro as well.

I'd be quite happy to see the Patriots take a gander at him.

in 2007 he was not one of, he was the best CB in the league. 2008 he stunk, that has to be the hip. If they really want to trade him, lets give them a second and hope the injury heals.

in 2007 he was not one of, he was the best CB in the league. 2008 he stunk, that has to be the hip. If they really want to trade him, lets give them a second and hope the injury heals.

Grab him and put him at free safety if his hip isn't CB quality anymore.

I'm not sure I'm on board with that hip injury. I cringe thinking about Colvin and the impact it had on his career.

I'm not sure I'm on board with that hip injury. I cringe thinking about Colvin and the impact it had on his career.

Colvin came back, it just took longer than normal. He's had other nagging injuries that gave him trouble since the hip.

I noticed alot of you wonder why this would happen. Alot of us felt the same way when Rodney was sent packing. The bolts thought he was done, and BB knew better. If this guy had a hip injury last season, I say bring him in for a physical. I think he would be a great addition to the secondary. Certainly better than Springs.

IF healthy, he would be a monster in the Pats system. Throw mine name in the, "let's have a looksee" hat.

I guess Im the only one who doesnt think that highly of Cromartie's '07 season.

Yea INTs are awesome and Cromartie is ridiculously talented but I still dont see him as a consistent coverage corner as some claim. Bad hip or not he is more the play making type than a shutdown corner.

In addition to that is of course the hip injury, dealing with the rival Chargers, and the cost for him to come here. I just personally think there is too much risk in this while there are plenty of other free agent that we would benefit more from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back