PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer has torn ACL

So how many #1 picks do you think the Cards will give up for Garoppolo?

And the Superbowl hosting curse continues!:eek:

Very sad for Palmer.

Arians has done an incredible job with him in a relatively short amount of time.

Carson Palmer is not a top-5 ACL tear. Maybe back five, ten years ago, Palmer's ACL tear was among the best I've seen, but there are much better ACL tears in the NFL today.- Chris Simms

Their remaining schedule is pretty tough, this was a terrible time to lose Palmer. He may not be a top 10 QB, but they looked a lot better with him over Stanton.

Their D is really going to need to step up

vs Lions
@ Seahawks
@ Falcons
vs Chiefs
@ Rams
vs Seahawks
@ 49ers

Last edited:
So how many #1 picks do you think the Cards will give up for Garoppolo?

Was waiting for that response... took a while. My guess is at least 4 #1 picks...

When he went down without basically being tackled....I knew it.

Palmer seems like one of the good guys. Hope he makes it back.

I like what AZ has been doing this year- very Patriot like in how the next man up has been stepping in.

The problem is that Drew Stanton is not Carson Palmer...
No. The real problem for AZ is that Drew Stanton is not Tom Brady. ;)

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 18h18 hours ago
Carson Palmer signed $119M deal w/ Bengals Dec. 29, 2005; tore ACL 10 days later. Palmer signed $50M deal Fri; AZ fears he tore ACL today.

Pro tip: If your name is Carson Palmer and you ever agree to a very large sum of money, live in a bubble for a minimum of 2 weeks after signing.
Everybody's been talking about this year's contract, but this is the first I've seen the connection to the earlier contract. He was guaranteed $25 under this recent deal; does anyone know what he had been guaranteed under the earlier deal?

that sucks for the cards IMO they had the best shot ever at becoming the first team to make it to the SB when there city was hosting it
since i still think the pats can represent the AFC in that game, speaking personally, I wasn't all that excited about that possibility...but I'd rather it didn't take an injury to a guy like Palmer to make it now so unlikely.

I was shocked to see he wasn't wearing a knee brace. Like really, you couldn't have taken some sort of precaution to avoid a major injury that has happened to numberous QBs including you?! I thought the same thing when Brady went down. Are these braces so prohibitive that it's worth the risk to go without wearing them?? To Brady's credit he nows wears it.

I was really pulling for AZ to go far this year...don't know why...now I don't k ow who I want out of NFC

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back