PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Carson Palmer has torn ACL

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
When he went down without basically being tackled....I knew it.

Palmer seems like one of the good guys. Hope he makes it back.

I like what AZ has been doing this year- very Patriot like in how the next man up has been stepping in.

The problem is that Drew Stanton is not Carson Palmer...

That's a tough blow. He was playing well with the Cards. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 18h18 hours ago
Carson Palmer signed $119M deal w/ Bengals Dec. 29, 2005; tore ACL 10 days later. Palmer signed $50M deal Fri; AZ fears he tore ACL today.

Pro tip: If your name is Carson Palmer and you ever agree to a very large sum of money, live in a bubble for a minimum of 2 weeks after signing.

Carson Palmer signed $119M deal w/ Bengals Dec. 29, 2005; tore ACL 10 days later. Palmer signed $50M deal Fri; AZ fears he tore ACL today.

Pro tip: If your name is Carson Palmer and you ever agree to a very large sum of money, live in a bubble for a minimum of 2 weeks after signing.

Or sign the deal in the offseason.

At least it's unlikely another team will get this "opportunity".

If not Belichick, I'd take Arians over every other coach in the NFL.

ARI will make it to the playoffs even w/out Palmer. Tough luck, either way. They have a better chance with Palmer IMO.

I'm wishing him a speedy recovery.

Better than tearing your ACL 10 days BEFORE finalizing a big deal. This guy has had two huge paydays just in the nick of time...

If not Belichick, I'd take Arians over every other coach in the NFL.

ARI will make it to the playoffs even w/out Palmer. Tough luck, either way. They have a better chance with Palmer IMO.

I'm wishing him a speedy recovery.

Arians will be CotY for taking what I thought was a suicide mission at AZ.

I would recommend extending him during the offseason.

i really really really feel about cardinals fans...wow what a blow

their backup is not the same

That's a rough break. Although I have to say, I really hated the deal when they signed it. $50M for an injury-prone older QB who had problems with nerves in his throwing arm earlier in the year seemed like a bad idea.

Stanton has been surprisingly decent. Barnwell had a good bit on it today:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-week-10-playoffs-carson-palmer-oakland-raiders/

Palmer has a better traditional passer rating, but Stanton has a better QBR, which splits out the work Stanton did versus the accomplishments of his receivers after the catch. He’s also basically matched Palmer in terms of points per possession (PPP) and yards per possession (YPP).3 I’d rather have a healthy Palmer, all things considered, but it’s not obvious that Stanton will bring the Cardinals down to earth.

The Cardinals can still have a good season, although I think any Super Bowl hopes are gone now. Carson Palmer is probably one of the unluckiest QBs in recent history. If I end up in his golf group at a celebrity pro-am one day, I will definitely stay away from him if it starts to thunder.

coming next year, Palmer rule number 2: Lemon Law stipulation

If you get hurt within 2 weeks of signing a new contract the team can void that contract.

Tons of talent in the receiving corps and defense defense defense. They'll be fine.

I like Stanton. He doesn't have the same arm talent as Palmer but he's younger, less fragile and more mobile. And their passing game was more about letting their ridiculously talented WRs make plays than it was about the QB elevating anyone else. And their defense is pretty darn good. I don't think it's a huge loss.

The thing about the Cardinals is that while yes, Palmer has played very well for them this year, they're not one of those teams built around the QB, but more around their weapons around the QB on offense and their defensive firepower, especially in their secondary.

I think this hurts them a bit, but after seeing what injuries they've recovered from, I wouldn't write them off as a contender yet. They did win three games earlier this season already with Stanton as their starter.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back