PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cardinals release Edgerrin James - Any interest here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point in picking up James, given the addition of Fred Taylor to the roster.

I would definitely give him a chance. Solid RB's are hard to find in the NFL and IMO James is still a solid RB. The only problem is that Edge wanted his release because he wasn't getting enough carries. It would be hard to see him getting more Carries with the quantity of RB we have on the roster as of now.(I think one of the backs we have will not be on the roster come opening day). Edge is a great fit for our team in the sense that he can pound the football but so can Morris, BJGE, and Taylor(see Pitt game in the snow). That is what we need, tough runners with shifty complements(Maroney).

You know... PFT speculated the Pats could be interested.

I wonder if they'd do it if they could find good trade incentive on Maroney (Chiefs).

Would Edge, Taylor, Faulk, Morris, BJGE be a reliable and better than serviceable committee? Dunno, but I bet EDGE is HIGHLY motivated to get a ring. That would make him and Taylor alone a great tandem if they could stay healthy.

I get that keeping LoMo is a cheap option, but his roster cheapness might make him have a strong trade incentive to a team that rates him highly (ie lose a grumpy-pants player or a pick for a guy with a dinky little cap hit).

I doubt it, but as Arsenio used ta say... "Things that make you go Hm."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/29/rosenhaus-says-edge-could-have-a-new-team-soon/

James has compiled with less fanfare than many of the great running backs of the past career rushing totals that put him among some of the most recognizable names in football history.

Already in his wake are Franco Harris, Thurman Thomas, and John Riggins. James currently holds the 11th position on the all-time rushing list, with 12,121 yards.

He trails Hall of Famer Marcus Allen by only 122 yards, and James is only 158 behind Marshall Faulk. Jim Brown comes a mere 33 yards later, and Tony Dorsett another 427 after that.

With a couple of strong seasons, James actually could finish in the top five.

So at a time when teams are looking for more reasons to persuade fan to plunk down their shrinking discretionary income on tickets to football games, having James around carries with it the added bonus of marketing to the locals an opportunity to witness a series of milestones.

Last edited:
we have enough rb's

A malcontent with no legs left? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back