PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can we get some love for Ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best stable of RB's we've had in my memory. Next season should be even better. Ridley is a beast and Vereen was injured early on. Bolden is a pleasant surprize.

Plus we should have Demps.

It was nice to see the return of the running game with over 160 yards today, against a decent run defense. That bodes well for the playoffs. A healthy OL and the return of Gronk will do wonders. Pats finished with the most yards rushing since 2008, averaging over 136 YPG, and 25 rushing TDs, the most in the NFL.

The fact that they trust Ridley on 3rd and even 4th and short near the goal rather than rely on some kind of Brady play-action to score tells me all I need to know. They trust him to get the necessary yards when called upon. Ridley and the rest of the backs have contributed more than their share to victories these season. Congrats, Riddler!

Plus we should have Demps.

It was nice to see the return of the running game with over 160 yards today, against a decent run defense. That bodes well for the playoffs. A healthy OL and the return of Gronk will do wonders. Pats finished with the most yards rushing since 2008, averaging over 136 YPG, and 25 rushing TDs, the most in the NFL.

WOW, I had no idea. And how many of those were within the 5 yrd line? Brady could have easily distributed half of those to himself as passing TDs if he wanted to.

Best stable of RB's we've had in my memory. Next season should be even better. Ridley is a beast and Vereen was injured early on. Bolden is a pleasant surprize.

Agree. We have 4 RBs and each of them has shown something real good at various moments. While Ridley is our feature guy, when he isn't clicking on any given Sunday, it is nice to be able to put solid plan B or solid plan C and get production.

The only thing I don't like is blitz pickup. Yea, this is Woody's specific skill set/task, the other 3 aren't called upon for blitz pickup too much. Yet from what I have seen, TFB's jersey is going to be grass stained if depending at all on a non Woody picking up the blitz.

The fact that they trust Ridley on 3rd and even 4th and short near the goal rather than rely on some kind of Brady play-action to score tells me all I need to know. They trust him to get the necessary yards when called upon. Ridley and the rest of the backs have contributed more than their share to victories these season. Congrats, Riddler!

Ridley and Vereen have combined for over 1700 yards from scrimmage (1514 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving) and 16 TDs. Add in Woodhead and Bolden and it makes over 2700 yards from scrimmage (2089 yards rushing, 657 yards receiving) and 25 TDs. That works out to 39% of the yards from scrimmage and 42% of the TDs for those 4 guys.

Pats can score using a ton of different options. Nice to see the screens being used a bit more last game to slow down the pass rush.. The run game is still potent and Wes/Gronk and Hernandez are still dangerous. Throw in Branch and Lloyd for a couple catches per game and the Pats Offense can be very tough to stop. The OL just has to do their job and keep Brady upright.

On to the playoffs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes