Welcome to PatsFans.com

Can the Bills defeat the Patriots?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Nov 10, 2012.

1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Can the Bills defeat the Patriots?
    By: John Morgan

What do the Buffalo Bills need to do to beat the Patriots?...

2. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -8

#50 Jersey

The Bills beat the Patriots last season and they can again this year. They just played the Texans very well, holding them to 21 points, so the defense is pretty solid. This is not a slam dunk.
  3. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Before the first game of 2009 season I said I'd drink my urine if they beat us, so I won't be making any predictions.
  4. chasa

chasa Rookie

Ratings:
    +266 / 9 / -2

#87 Jersey

they were whooping us up until the second half last time this year.
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +444 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

not at home...no they won't...at least not this year
  6. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

No one can predict turnovers

Turnovers are usually 90% of the time why big upsets occur and if the Pats give the ball away they could lose

Head to head talent wise,its not a match,intangibles are what is in question
  7. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +444 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

I expect stevie johnson to have a big game against up..picked him up in two leagues
  8. Juddy

Juddy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

statistically speaking we do pretty well against #1 WRs... and johnson is banged up.
  9. FCB02062

FCB02062 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 9 / -6

So you'll be rooting for someone the Pats are playing? This is why many real fans detest fantasy football....supposed fans rooting for/getting their rocks off if someone on their imaginary football team puts up stats against the Patriots.....
  10. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +444 / 4 / -1

#95 Jersey

He's all they have besides the running game
  11. Foxypats

Foxypats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No matter what our record is, every year I get nervous about division games. And this year based on how the secondary is playing, anything can happen.

As long as we get a couple of TO's and pressure on Fitzpatrick we should win.
  12. Lurks_All_Day

Lurks_All_Day Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I'll share a glass (a short one) if necessary. Rocks, twist, please.

:eek:
  13. Sweet Chin Music33

Sweet Chin Music33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It seems like the Bills always give us at least 1 tough game a year. In fact, it seems like the Phins and Jets do as well.

Nothing is a slam dunk in the AFCE. All the teams are too familiar with each other.
  14. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +231 / 1 / -0

No, the Pats can only beat themselves against the Bills. That's how it's been for almost the last decade.
  15. sphen

sphen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady has to throw four picks for the bills have a chance.
  16. sphen

sphen Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

but this time Fitzpatrick throws four picks and eats a fifty burger!
  17. Finnishfan

Finnishfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My answer to the question of the topic is = no.

Well, sure it's possible, but I see it as so unlikely that I hardly even consider it an option.

Nine reasons why I say "not a chance":
    1) Bye week advantage - We always play well after the bye, last year was an exception to that rule.
    2) Form and momentum is on our side - We are trending the right way, and even though Bills last game seems to indicate the same, I still don't think they are even close to us in form.
    3) Bills are a run-first team which serves us well - Bills have definitely turned into a "run first team". We defend the run way better than we do the pass, and VW, Love, Mayo and Spikes will not allow Spiller and Jackson to tear us apart.
    4) Fitzpatrick has regressed from last year - I know this doesn't show in the statistics, but that is becouse the Bills rushing attack forces teams to play softer pass D. Fitzy hasn't been able to bring Bills back after they fall behind in games, which he did a lot last year.
    5) Bills receiving corps - It is in the same talent category with Rams', which is well below average. We match up against them pretty well.
    6) Last meeting - Despite it took us a while to get our game going, we demolished them the last time we met. And that was in Buffalo.
    7) Bills history at Foxboro - I cannot remember a single "strong showing" from the Bills in Foxboro. Every time I think about a close game against the Bills, its always a Buffalo game.
    8) Injuries - We might be injury-riddled, but so are the Bills, especially defensively. They will be without their #1 corner Aaron Williams, and Kyle Williams (who is a key cog in their D) is nicked as well.
    9) Their record is skewed by easy wins - They have won 3 games this season, but those wins are against weak teams (KC, CLE and ARI after their nose-dive started)
  18. Finnishfan

Finnishfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That tough game already took place in Buffalo. Remember that we trailed them most of the night and only blew them out in the 4th.

Can you remember a single time in Foxboro when Bills have actually showed up?
  19. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Well, the last 3 times the Bills played the Pats, the Bills were either ahead by 21 at half-time, SHOULD have been ahead by 21 at half-time, or won the game.

I say the Bills SHOULD have been ahead by 21 at half-time the last time they played because CJ Spiller fumbled at the 1 yard-line at the end of the first half. I think it was on first down. Speaking of which, no Bills running back was 100% then. The Bills offense should be able to stay on the field more this time.

The Pats don't have the best secondary, either. The Bills WILL score points. Of course, the Pats will too. If this is going to be a shootout, the Bills NEED the benefit of winning the turnover battle to have a prayer IMO.

I think the Bills will cover the 12-point spread, but they will lose the game.

CAN the Bills win? Of course it's possible.
  20. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LOL, you always play THE BILLS after your bye week. Seriously, it happened FOUR YEARS IN A ROW that the Patriots played the Bills after their bye week. This is one-third of the time of the Brady/Belichick era.

The Bills played the Pats after the Pats bye 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. Now they get it again...as if they need that extra advantage.