PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can the Bills defeat the Patriots?

The Bills will beat the Patriots today, then they'll wake up. :) Patriots offense rolls and D forces a few turnovers, I think they'll get the W at home.

History tells us that in almost every year the Pats win handily one game and its tight or a loss in the other game.

Pats should win obviously but I would not be suprised if it's another close game going into the 4th qtr.

2012- Pats blowout but wasn't looking that way early in the 4th..
2011- 1-1
2010- 2-0 but the Sept game was tight.
2009- Tight home opener
2008- Both close games w/ Cassell
2007- Didn't apply....:p
2006- Tight home opener
2005-Tight home game
2004- Tied going into the 4th qtr
2003- Loss in Buff
2002- Both were won handily by Pats
2001- Both competitive games
2000- Meh. Both teams stunk

Last edited:
I will admit this game scares me. The Pats SHOULD beat this team handily. But after a blowout win and a bye (I know, I know their record after a bye), an AFCE opponent, and big games against the Texans and Niners in a few weeks, I feel like this is a trap game.

The Pats can ill afford to go down early against this team like they did last time. The defense needs to set the tone early and get Fitzpatrick to start chucking it up there. I wish Talib was available for this game, would really help.

I do believe the Pats win, but I'm anticipating much alcohol drank in my household to get through it.

1) Bye week advantage - We always play well after the bye, last year was an exception to that rule.

The Patriots lost two in a row last year after the bye week, and played their worst game of the season against Buffalo in Buffalo when Brady had four interceptions.

Take the Bills and the points.

That tough game already took place in Buffalo. Remember that we trailed them most of the night and only blew them out in the 4th.

Can you remember a single time in Foxboro when Bills have actually showed up?

2009, although the Patriots did forget to show up for that entire season.

Any given Sunday is what they say.
But unless the Bills drastically improved their defense, I expect the Pats to roll over them.
History and overall talent is in the Pats favor.

Entertaining reading back to the wave of threads from the pumped up Bills fans.

http://

My answer to the question of the topic is = no.

Well, sure it's possible, but I see it as so unlikely that I hardly even consider it an option.

Nine reasons why I say "not a chance":
1) Bye week advantage - We always play well after the bye, last year was an exception to that rule.
2) Form and momentum is on our side - We are trending the right way, and even though Bills last game seems to indicate the same, I still don't think they are even close to us in form.
3) Bills are a run-first team which serves us well - Bills have definitely turned into a "run first team". We defend the run way better than we do the pass, and VW, Love, Mayo and Spikes will not allow Spiller and Jackson to tear us apart.
4) Fitzpatrick has regressed from last year - I know this doesn't show in the statistics, but that is becouse the Bills rushing attack forces teams to play softer pass D. Fitzy hasn't been able to bring Bills back after they fall behind in games, which he did a lot last year.
5) Bills receiving corps - It is in the same talent category with Rams', which is well below average. We match up against them pretty well.
6) Last meeting - Despite it took us a while to get our game going, we demolished them the last time we met. And that was in Buffalo.
7) Bills history at Foxboro - I cannot remember a single "strong showing" from the Bills in Foxboro. Every time I think about a close game against the Bills, its always a Buffalo game.
8) Injuries - We might be injury-riddled, but so are the Bills, especially defensively. They will be without their #1 corner Aaron Williams, and Kyle Williams (who is a key cog in their D) is nicked as well.
9) Their record is skewed by easy wins - They have won 3 games this season, but those wins are against weak teams (KC, CLE and ARI after their nose-dive started)

Wow. Talk about homerism. Obviously the Bills were in a lot better form that I gave them credit for.

Wonder what happened with our defense during the bye? This was not the same unit we saw against the Rams.

I don't know, this loss didn't really sting for a Bills fan. It wasn't like the Titans game, where Fitz threw a pick running the clock out and then Hasselbeck just waltzed down the field for the winning TD, and we couldn't stop them on a 2nd and 17 in the drive (gave up 16 yards the next play), and then the 4th and 8 right before the TD.

I don't know why the Bills tend to have more success against the Pats' D than they do against other division rivals (under Gailey and Fitz, the Bills have scored 30, 3, 34, 21, 28, and 31 points in each NE game). I think the Jets and Dolphins have more physical defenses than the Pats do and we generally don't match up well with physical defenses. At least these games are more enjoyable to watch than the **** Jauron games were...

Either our offense is a completely useless unit or it is something that's fun to watch when everything is clicking. Chances are, this Thursday against Miami, we get the sputtering offense.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back