PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can NFL* dock traded for draft picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did more than offset losing a 1st rounder this year.....losing that pick will not change their fortunes

Wow!!
jester.gif

You've written a lot of intensely stupid Crap in your pathetic and desperately attention-seeking Days here ~ where you evidently spend every waking hour ~ but that may've been the stupidest **** of it all!!
icon_lol.gif

Yeah!! Losing a 1st Rounder won't have any material affect on our Fortunes!! You bet!!
thumbsup2.gif
blinkNEW.gif
crazy.gif
laughspin.gif

Nobody's ever mistaken you for a Genius, kiddo, but my God!!
icon_lol.gif

thanks dude!!!

coming from you, I'll take it as a compliment

umm yeah.....2016 celts just like the 2001 pats.....LMFAO

Illegal Contact, Ladies & Gentlemen!!
icon_lol.gif

Uhh...you feeling all right, Kiddo?
omg.gif

What the Hell do the Celtics have to do with your incalculably asinine statement?? o_O Did I even mention the Celts??
blink.gif
I'd say you're losing it, Kiddo, but that ship sailed a long time ago!!
jester.gif

As previously stated:

Everybody with any Intelligence knows that the successful Teams are built primarily through the Draft, because The Infernal Salary Cap renders getting Top Talent playing for 5 Years for Pennies On The Dollar absolutely crucial to sustained Success. Having a 1st Rounder stolen from you is a devastating Loss.

Having 2 1st Rounders and a 4th robbed from us should've crippled us, and it is unfathomable that anyone would need it explained to'm that losing the 2007 Pick hurt our Super Bowl Chances for 5 Years minimum, and that the recent Atrocities will render similar Damage. But good luck with your Fantasy Life, Kiddo!!
debi.gif

As it was, that additional Pick ~ a 1st Round Talent playing at an high level, cheaply: :DMatt Forte, perhaps? ~ might've meant a Super Bowl Championship or two in any of 2008, 2010, 2011, or 2012.
spock.gif

And a Team led by anyone less than Mad Bill would've been crippled.

Last edited:
icon_lol.gif

omg.gif

What the Hell do the Celtics have to do with your incalculably asinine statement?? o_O Did I even mention the Celts??
blink.gif
jester.gif

As previously stated:

Everybody with any Intelligence knows that the successful Teams are built primarily through the Draft, because The Infernal Salary Cap renders getting Top Talent playing for 5 Years for Pennies On The Dollar absolutely crucial to sustained Success. Having a 1st Rounder stolen from you is a devastating Loss.

Having 2 1st Rounders and a 4th robbed from us should've crippled us, and it is unfathomable that anyone would need it explained to'm that losing the 2007 Pick hurt our Super Bowl Chances for 5 Years minimum, and that the recent Atrocities will render similar Damage. But good luck with your Fantasy Life, Kiddo!!
debi.gif

As it was, that additional Pick ~ a 1st Round Talent playing at an high level, cheaply: :DMatt Forte, perhaps? ~ might've meant a Super Bowl Championship or two in any of 2008, 2010, 2011, or 2012.
spock.gif

Didn't Belichick also lose a 1st round for trading for himself to the Patriots? :)

No doubt. I didn't mean to suggest such, so maybe it was poor wording. I just feel much better about the situation with the addition of the second rounder, now having four picks in the top 96.

Obviously, it doesn't change anything in terms of wanting to spit in Goodell's face.

I would like to see the Pats trade one of their second rounders and a a couple of sixth rounders for the first pick in the second round. That would, indeed, be a FU Roger.

icon_lol.gif

omg.gif

blink.gif
jester.gif

As previously stated:

debi.gif

spock.gif

you did in another thread

just a generalization on YOUR level of intellect.....but please, continue to cater to whatever crowd you cater to with your proverbial mouth full of marbles

Exactly.

Everybody with any Intelligence knows that the successful Teams are built primarily through the Draft, because The Infernal Salary Cap renders getting Top Talent playing for 5 Years for Pennies On The Dollar absolutely crucial to sustained Success. Having a 1st Rounder stolen from you ~ much less two 1st Rounders and a 4th ~ is a devastating Loss. A Team led by anyone less than Mad Bill would've been crippled.

56329994.jpg

They did more than offset losing a 1st rounder this year.....losing that pick will not change their fortunes

Wow!!
jester.gif

You've written a lot of intensely stupid Crap in your pathetic and desperately attention-seeking Days here ~ where you evidently spend every waking hour ~ but that may've been the stupidest **** of it all!!
icon_lol.gif

Yeah!! Losing a 1st Rounder won't have any material affect on our Fortunes!! You bet!!
thumbsup2.gif
blinkNEW.gif
crazy.gif
laughspin.gif

Nobody's ever mistaken you for a Genius, kiddo, but my God!!
icon_lol.gif

umm yeah.....2016 celts just like the 2001 pats

icon_lol.gif

omg.gif

What the Hell do the Celtics have to do with your incalculably asinine statement??
o_O Did I even mention the Celts??
blink.gif
jester.gif

As previously stated:

debi.gif

spock.gif

you did in another thread

So let me get this straight...

My mentioning the Celts in some other completely unrelated Thread, in your deranged, depraved, and demented perception of Reality somehow warrants your defending the most idiotic statement in the History of the World ("A 1st rounder this year.....losing that pick will not change their fortunes." ~ Illegal Contact) ~ with your snotbubbling, slobbering Fantasy that I ever brought the Celtics into this?? :eek:

icon_lol.gif

Do you ever wonder why anyone with even an ounce of Intelligence or Sanity treats you with unbridled Contempt, IC, old Sport, and why even those who you agree with shun you?? :eek:

Rhetorical Question. You needn't answer. ;)

Last edited:
So let me get this straight...

My mentioning the Celts in some other completely unrelated Thread, in your deranged, depraved, and demented perception of Reality somehow warrants your defending the most idiotic statement in the History of the World ("A 1st rounder this year.....losing that pick will not change their fortunes." ~ Illegal Contact) ~ with your snotbubbling, slobbering Fantasy that I ever brought the Celtics into this?? :eek:

icon_lol.gif

Do you ever wonder why anyone with even an ounce of Intelligence or Sanity treats you with unbridled Contempt, IC, old Sport, and why even those who you agree with shun you?? :eek:

Rhetorical Question. You needn't answer. ;)

what kinds of fools make posts like yours? need the emoticons and italicizing and text color to emphasize your points as though the words can't do it on their own?

Ladies and Gentlemen!!!! pay no mind to the whatever it is this drunken mouth full of marbles tries to convey...........nothing but a rare form of verbal masturbation

Last edited:
I'd actually love to see Belichick work a trade with a team for a newly drafted 1st round pick

It violates the spirit but not the letter of Goodell's "Law" on this one and I have to think there might be ONE owner and GM out there who, despite his rivalry with the Patriots, disagrees with the mockery that Goodell has made of the phrase "integrity of the game"

Would Goodell retaliate because he was outsmarted by Belichick once again? Absolutely.

Let's not forget that the real reason Goodell initiated Spygate in the first place was because Belichick had driven through a loophole big enough for a Mack Truck in Goodell's "no sideline taping for game day use" rule.

Before Goodell knew it, ignorant fans were expressing amazement that signals are filmed and always have been - and the over-reaction and erroneous reporting called Spygate was born.

The Patriot's infraction in Spygate was literally violating a "don't walk on the grass" sign and LOOK at how this nimrod Goodell turned that into a scandal which itself caused fans to question the integrity of the game.

Now, multiple scientists have proven that Goodell's real beef in Deflategate isn't with Brady, it's with the Laws of Physics (who should bow down to him like the US Judiciary and simply affirm that Goodell has Dictatorial Powers in the NFL).

Once again, Goodell finds himself looking like a complete idiot to those who actually pay attention to what's going on - and his only recourse is to ignore common sense and plow on to ACT as though HE'S the smart one here!

So do I think he'd over react to Belichick making that type of a move to effectively circumvent Goodell's brand of justice and effectively give him the finger? Absolutely.

And I don't care what the consequence is. I hope they do it.

I hope Kraft seriously considers allowing Belichick to do this. I think it sends exactly the right message and I think it may give the respected Sally Jenkins and others out there another opportunity to draw attention to what they know is really something that gets at the heart of the game.

When the League itself is biased and unfair, the sport itself is unfair. That, my friends and fellow NFL fans, is disgusting.

All any fan should want is an even playing field. Goodell himself actively works to make the playing field uneven. And that truly is a proven fact.

Belichick, a true historian of the game and one who has immense respect for the game itself, should do what he can to send a very clear message about what he thinks about what Roger Goodell has done to the game.

When we say "Goodell himself has tarnished the shield and destroyed the integrity of the game," we are stating a proven fact, not an opinion.

I'd be 100% behind the Patriots making such a move.

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!!!!

I'd actually love to see Belichick work a trade with a team for a newly drafted 1st round pick

It violates the spirit but not the letter of Goodell's "Law" on this one and I have to think there might be ONE owner and GM out there who, despite his rivalry with the Patriots, disagrees with the mockery that Goodell has made of the phrase "integrity of the game"

Would Goodell retaliate because he was outsmarted by Belichick once again? Absolutely.

Let's not forget that the real reason Goodell initiated Spygate in the first place was because Belichick had driven through a loophole big enough for a Mack Truck in Goodell's "no sideline taping for game day use" rule.

Before Goodell knew it, ignorant fans were expressing amazement that signals are filmed and always have been - and the over-reaction and erroneous reporting called Spygate was born.

The Patriot's infraction in Spygate was literally violating a "don't walk on the grass" sign and LOOK at how this nimrod Goodell turned that into a scandal which itself caused fans to question the integrity of the game.

Now, multiple scientists have proven that Goodell's real beef in Deflategate isn't with Brady, it's with the Laws of Physics (who should bow down to him like the US Judiciary and simply affirm that Goodell has Dictatorial Powers in the NFL).

Once again, Goodell finds himself looking like a complete idiot to those who actually pay attention to what's going on - and his only recourse is to ignore common sense and plow on to ACT as though HE'S the smart one here!

So do I think he'd over react to Belichick making that type of a move to effectively circumvent Goodell's brand of justice and effectively give him the finger? Absolutely.

And I don't care what the consequence is. I hope they do it.

I hope Kraft seriously considers allowing Belichick to do this. I think it sends exactly the right message and I think it may give the respected Sally Jenkins and others out there another opportunity to draw attention to what they know is really something that gets at the heart of the game.

When the League itself is biased and unfair, the sport itself is unfair. That, my friends and fellow NFL fans, is disgusting.

All any fan should want is an even playing field. Goodell himself actively works to make the playing field uneven. And that truly is a proven fact.

Belichick, a true historian of the game and one who has immense respect for the game itself, should do what he can to send a very clear message about what he thinks about what Roger Goodell has done to the game.

When we say "Goodell himself has tarnished the shield and destroyed the integrity of the game," we are stating a proven fact, not an opinion.

I'd be 100% behind the Patriots making such a move.

Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!!!!
In practice, the rookie salary pool system would prevent this from happening, but also...trade what for a first round pick?

I agree and appreciate the optimism, but I don't accept the arguments some have offered that BB has somehow compensated for the loss of a #1 pick. Although emotionally satisfying, they overlook the fact that--but for the biased, incompetent, and scientifically illiterate Goodell--BB could have had everything he has now AND his #1 pick.
This this this.

Belichick has made some nice moves this offseason, but they are all completely independent of losing the 1st rounder. So he hasn't compensated for anything.

I would like to see the Pats trade one of their second rounders and a a couple of sixth rounders for the first pick in the second round. That would, indeed, be a FU Roger.
1) No team would be willing to drop 28 spots in the 2nd round for "a couple of 6th rounders".
2) Even if the Patriots do trade into that spot, it isn't an F-U to anyone because they still would have to pay to make the move.

In practice, the rookie salary pool system would prevent this from happening, but also...trade what for a first round pick?

Well, whatever it would have taken to work that trade for the pick itself.

It's really not an outrageous thought that Belichick would have the ammunition to move into the late first round with the picks he has alone

It'd just be such a nice win win of a player Belichick wants and a middle finger to the other owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft