PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C George Kottaras is Garbage

He's been taught NOT to frame pitches. His main duty is catching WAKE.

As to not being able to hit, hes had 45 at bats. Thats NOTHING. Pedroia hit .191/258/303 in his first 100 at bats. Kottaras has hit 205/275/318 in 45 at bats. The guy raked in the minors, hitting 270/370/460. Making any sort of judgement on 45 at bats is the height of ignorance.

Now you're comparing Kottaras to Pedroia? Who's being ridiculous here.

It remains to be seen if he can hit, but he definitely can't field. He's out of his league defensively when he's not catching Wakefield. Every decent defensive catcher can frame a pitch. Kottaras is horrible at it.

Now you're comparing Kottaras to Pedroia? Who's being ridiculous here.

It remains to be seen if he can hit, but he definitely can't field. He's out of his league defensively when he's not catching Wakefield. Every decent defensive catcher can frame a pitch. Kottaras is horrible at it.

No, what I'm saying is that its ridiculous to judge a player on 46 at bats. Especially their first 46 major league at bats.

hes been better than pedroia was with equal playing time. Hes not going to be pedroia, but there were plenty of people who thought pedroia was junk that first year.

Every decent defensive catcher can frame a pitch.

You don't seem to understand that catching a nuckleball involves a completely different style than catching a standard pitcher. Kottaras has to react to the ball as late as possible. Theres a reason that the Red Sox have traditionally had Wake's catcher catch nothing but him: its essentially playing a different position. Standard Pitchers you can anticipate where the ball is going to end up, with a knuckle, if you anticipate, its a passed ball. I think hes capable of catching standard pitching, he just wont look good doing it until he stops catching wake.

You don't seem to understand that catching a nuckleball involves a completely different style than catching a standard pitcher. Kottaras has to react to the ball as late as possible. Theres a reason that the Red Sox have traditionally had Wake's catcher catch nothing but him: its essentially playing a different position. Standard Pitchers you can anticipate where the ball is going to end up, with a knuckle, if you anticipate, its a passed ball. I think hes capable of catching standard pitching, he just wont look good doing it until he stops catching wake.

What you just wrote isn't a very convincing defense for why he's horrible when he catches more conventional MLB pitchers. At the very least, you are acknowledging he's currently horrible defensively and at framing pitches, and are making an excuse for it.

whats disturbing is how convinced you are that you know sports when you are totally and absolutely clueless. but for you ignorance truly is bliss.

whats disturbing is how convinced you are that you know sports when you are totally and absolutely clueless. but for you ignorance truly is bliss.

Hey go easy now on Maverick, he knows sports; he thinks LeBron James=John McEnroe, he thinks Doc Rivers is a lousy coach, he is ripping a guy who has had a whopping 45 at bats in his MLB career, etc, etc.

Yep, he's a fountain of sports knowledge.

Hey go easy now on Maverick, he knows sports; he thinks LeBron James=John McEnroe, he thinks Doc Rivers is a lousy coach, he is ripping a guy who has had a whopping 45 at bats in his MLB career, etc, etc.

Yep, he's a fountain of sports knowledge.
yes and mav knows how to manage minutes better than doc because he goes to a lot of games lmao.

Last edited:
What you just wrote isn't a very convincing defense for why he's horrible when he catches more conventional MLB pitchers. At the very least, you are acknowledging he's currently horrible defensively and at framing pitches, and are making an excuse for it.

and what you just proved there is you really have no idea what the heck you are talking about as his explanation has been rehashed over and over again year in and year out every time anyone ever talks about knuckleball pitchers at any level :rolleyes:

But what the hell do former major league pitchers, catchers, batters, managers, coaches, scouts, and GMs know about the game compared with you :rolleyes:

Hey go easy now on Maverick, he knows sports; he thinks LeBron James=John McEnroe

I never said LeBron was McEnroe. I cited other all time greats who were also immature, to provide perspective. It's not as big a deal as you're hyperventilating over, you drama queen.

I never said LeBron was McEnroe. I cited other all time greats who were also immature, to provide perspective. It's not as big a deal as you're hyperventilating over, you drama queen.

And for the 85th time, McEnroe IS NOT AN ALL TIME GREAT you clambrain. And LeBron is the FACE OF THE NBA, THE MVP, A GUY KIDS LOOK UP TO.

McEnroe was none of those.

Man, you've got one thick skull, must be made of cast iron.

And for the 85th time, McEnroe IS NOT AN ALL TIME GREAT you clambrain.

Keep your head in the sand as much as you want. 7 grand slam singles titles and 9 grand slam doubles titles = all time great.

Keep your head in the sand as much as you want. 7 grand slam singles titles and 9 grand slam doubles titles = all time great.

Tell you what; I'll call him an all time great if you go the eff away and stop posting here, how about that?

Tell you what; I'll call him an all time great if you go the eff away and stop posting here, how about that?
i would love that. one less moron here would be nice.

Just wanted to mention that the moment Veritek left the Baltimore game, Kottaras gave up 10 runs catching in the biggest Orioles comeback ever.

Kottaras = Garbage

Just wanted to mention that the moment Veritek left the Baltimore game, Kottaras gave up 10 runs catching in the biggest Orioles comeback ever.

Kottaras = Garbage

Nobody gives a flying **** about what you think.

You have about as much sports knowledge as my five year old nephew.

And he can hit a curveball too.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back