PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Buffalo and Miami getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, is everything you write an excuse?? Miami also has plenty of youth, in the last two years we've drafted,

Matt Roth
Channing Crowder
Travis Daniels
Fred Evans
Rod Wright
Manny Wright
Jason Allen

In Our Secondary is

Will Allen- 6 seasons
Renaldo Hill-6 seasons
Yeremiah Bell-3 seasons
Andre Goodman-

Maybe you'll understand if I say it one more time.

Miami's two most important players on defense are Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. I don't think there is much argument about that. Don't you see the issue in the fact that Miami's D pretty much lives and dies with two players who are over 33?

The Patriots have important players, but they don't have players that are singely as important as Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. Maybe Richard Seymour, but he is young, so it is not much of any issue. Players like Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Seymour, certainly make the defense better, but there isn't that one player that when you remove it from the defense the entire thing pretty much crunbles.

So inevitably, Taylor and Thomas' play is going to decline, and based on their age that's sooner rather than later, and when that happens, who is going to step up and become the MVP or co-MVPs of the defense if anyone?

Miami's two most important players on defense are Jason Taylor and Zach ?

Tha's all I read because you're full of stupid excuses. Miami's two "most Important players" Happen to be the league MVP and the LB with the most tackles in the league last year. They aren't getting slower, they aren't falling off, their not missing a step and we are getting an infusion of youth to go alone with their experience. God deal with it, is it possible Miami just has the better D?? Man you spoiled Pat fans act as if no one but the Pats can be the best at anything. I'll bet you a million dollars that if BB could, he would take Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor for any two Defensive players the Pats have and would walk away giggling like a little school girl at the thought of the havoc he could wreak with them in his line-up.

BTW, how long did Bruce Smith play?? How about Reggie White?? Brett Favre? Deion Sanders? Darrell Green?? I could go on and on. Bottom line you're looking for excuses, MOVE ON!!!! The age thing is only in YOUR head. And one more thing, how good would your D have been if they had Miami's O last year?? Give a little Credit to your O for the numbers your D put up, Miami didn't have that luxury and still finished better then the Pats on D!!

Last edited:
Tha's all I read because you're full of stupid excuses. Miami's two "most Important players" Happen to be the league MVP and the LB with the most tackles in the league last year. They aren't getting slower, they aren't falling off, their not missing a step and we are getting an infusion of youth to go alone with their experience. God deal with it, is it possible Miami just has the better D?? Man you spoiled Pat fans act as if no one but the Pats can be the best at anything. I'll bet you a million dollars that if BB could, he would take Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor for any two Defensive players the Pats have and would walk away giggling like a little school girl at the thought of the havoc he could wreak with them in his line-up.

BTW, how long did Bruce Smith play?? How about Reggie White?? Brett Favre? Deion Sanders? Darrell Green?? I could go on and on. Bottom line you're looking for excuses, MOVE ON!!!! The age thing is only in YOUR head. And one more thing, how good would your D have been if they had Miami's O last year?? Give a little Credit to your O for the numbers your D put up, Miami didn't have that luxury and still finished better then the Pats on D!!
I will agree with you on one thing...Jason Taylor is better than any of our DEs including Seymour and Warren...Not by a ton but he is a better overall player and probably will have a shot at HOF

As if this division wasn't easy enough,

Now the Bills loose, clement, fletcher, Mcgahee,

The Dolphins loose McMicheal who was a patriot killer along with Welker, and who cares about Harrington, Culpepper should be the starter anyways, at least they got Porter.

Our schedule may be tough this year, But at least the division is a wrap.

Oh yea those Jets with Thomas as their new back, well the bottom line is Pennington can't throw the ball more than 20 yards. They Should have gotton Garcia.

I think it's gonna be another year with six wins in this very weak division.:rocker: :singing:

What do you mean another?

I think the Bills are on theright track. Might as well flush all the crap from the Donahoe regime.

They had some great talent, but why hang on to older highly paid players when the team's going nowhere.

They used to say it takes a QB five years. Now everyone expects instant success. They're going to stick with Losman and build through the draft.

They pick 12th in the first 2 and have two 3rds. and they'll have a ton of comp picks coming up.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a late run. Levy's old, but he's smart and patient.

The Jets have made solid progress. We're foolish to discount them.

The Fins look like a recipe for disaster. When the quick fix fails, you're left with old players and a bloated cap. Where's the future in M eye am eye?

Just a few questions here,

Who will play Defense for the Bills?? Will they seceretly dress the Ravens in their Bill uni's before each Game?? Who will run the Ball for them?? And you are gonna tell me that Daunte is done, but JP will win games?? Also how many years now has Chad Pennington been on the brink of never returning yet he comes back and plays well for them even though his injured shoulder gets injured almost every season?? Daunte has been recovering from his injuries for almost 2 seasons now and if you knew anything about his type of injury, you'd know that's about the length of time it takes for that injury to heal well enough to play on.

I really would love to know what makes you an expert on Dauntes return, obviously you have information none of us Dolphin fans have, so why don't you share it with us....unless it's an opinion, in that case you can keep it because we all know the old saying, "Opinions are like***holes, everyone has one" and yours is nothing worth reading I'm sure, plus I'm sure nothing would make you happier to see him never return, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how you formed this "opinion".

The Dolphins have the Best Dfense in the division with the Defensive MVP Jason Taylor, leading tackler, Zach Thomas and now Joey Porter. We were the best before Joey. People who don't root for the Pats, Jets or Bills understand how much better this signing makes Miami's D, sorry you don't agree, but that might explain why you're not being paid for your opinion.

As for Miami's O, this is March....hense March madness on nearly every sports channel! FA has been open for just over a week and we're almost 2 months from the draft. If I were you, I'd wait till the season starts before I proclaim my "intelligence" to the rest of the world. If I remember correctly everyone was calling the Jets the worst in the division last year and name one person that had the Saints in the NFC title game. You have nothing more then hate motivating your opinion of this division and I'm sure your opinion of the order of the division is the same as your tolerance level of the teams in question.

You proceed to bash my opinion only to opine later in this thread about how Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor possibly falling off as only in someone else's head. You are a homer. Forget about the negatives. Forget that your NT is 37. Forget that your best ILB is 33. That's a lot of age in the middle of your defense. Let's see how long Traylor holds up and who replaces him when (and if) he goes down.

While the Pats added Adalius Thomas, a player who had 11 sacks last year, the Dolphins added Joey Porter (7 sacks as a primary pass rusher). Ignore that signing because it hinders your argument. The Pats also allowed almost 3 fewer points per game than the Dolphins. I, and anyone else who knows anything about football, would rather have the defense that allows their opponents to score fewer points than the one that allows fewer yards. The Pats defense was better than the Dolphins last year in the one stat that matters most, and close in all the others.

And my opinion of Daunte Culpepper is similar to that of a lot of people who aren't wearing aqua colored glasses right now. I know his recovery was not complete when he was starting those games last season, but that wasn't his only problem last year. He held onto the ball for far too long and got sacked a ton because of it. He wasn't even seeing wide open receivers. You can blame it on the line, but not even Joey Harrington got sacked as much.

It's March and I am impressed by your wonderful sense of time, but just because it is March does not mean that the Dolphins are going to be able to pull an offensive line out of their ass in the next 5 months.

At least Buffalo is going about bringing in good linemen (overpaying for it, but still good linemen). And JP Losman is better than anything the Dolphins have on their roster right now, at least he could pull together some wins at the end of last season and is improving every year.

LOL don't let facts and reasoning get in the way of your homeristic delusions.

The better D, WTF? The Patriots had the second best scoring defense behind the Ravens. Perhaps you are referring to yards allowed which many will tell you is one of the most overrated stats, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

You act like just because Thomas and Tayor have not shown their age yet it means they never will.

Last edited:
You proceed to bash my opinion only to opine later in this thread about how Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor possibly falling off as only in someone else's head. You are a homer. Forget about the negatives. Forget that your NT is 37. Forget that your best ILB is 33. That's a lot of age in the middle of your defense. Let's see how long Traylor holds up and who replaces him when (and if) he goes down.

Bash you opinion? I asked you questions, obviously because you hate the Fins it has an effect on how you see them this year. Miami Has a top 4 D, soemthing the Bills could only dream of and you see them improving yet not the fins. 37 year old NT?? He had the best season on his career last year and since you cant read, We have Fred Evans, Rod Wright and Manny Wright all of whom cn play the position, all three going into either their 2nd or 3rd season. Why do you write things without doing your resesearch first? You act as if Miami has done nothing to the NT position and if Traylor goes down we have no one to fill his spot.

While the Pats added Adalius Thomas, a player who had 11 sacks last year, the Dolphins added Joey Porter (7 sacks as a primary pass rusher). Ignore that signing because it hinders your argument. The Pats also allowed almost 3 fewer points per game than the Dolphins. I, and anyone else who knows anything about football, would rather have the defense that allows their opponents to score fewer points than the one that allows fewer yards. The Pats defense was better than the Dolphins last year in the one stat that matters most, and close in all the others.

So let me get this right, you think A.Thomas coming from a team that went 13-3 and had the best D in the league makes him and his 11 sacks better then Joey?? How homer of you to think so. However when you look at their career stats A.Thomas doesn't even come close to Joeys #'s. It's ok though, this is what is to be expected from Pat fans....they think everything they do is 1000 times better then everyone els!

AThomas: 96 371 297.0 74 38.5 6 120 20.0 32 2 31

Joey Porter: 122 461 334.0 127 60.0 10 214 21.4 84 1 33

As you can see, Joey Porters #'s dwarf A.Thomas's #'s. Especailly in sacks and since you brought up Thomas's sacks from last year I brought up career sacks...now what exactly does A.Thomas do better then Joey? Cause I don't see it! Considering A.Thomas size and the fact that he spends prt of the time with a hand on the ground common sense would tell you Thomas would have more sacks, after all DE are suppose to sack the QB.

And my opinion of Daunte Culpepper is similar to that of a lot of people who aren't wearing aqua colored glasses right now. I know his recovery was not complete when he was starting those games last season, but that wasn't his only problem last year. He held onto the ball for far too long and got sacked a ton because of it. He wasn't even seeing wide open receivers. You can blame it on the line, but not even Joey Harrington got sacked as much.

As I've already stated, Daunte's health is just your opinion and given the fact that a helathy Daunte is far more scary then an injured one...well ofcourse your opinion is he won't return. So basically, you have no proof, it's just an opinion...so who cares what you think he will do. Funny how I think he will return and I'm a homer and you don't think he will return and you're not a homer, whatever!

As far as what Daunte did in limited play last year, did you break down the film?? No, you are one of those people that hear things and then you repeat them as if you know what you're talking about, again do a little research before you talk crap. I doubt you will however it's too easy for you to jsut act like you know what your talking about so why do the research. After all, somebody else said it, it must be true, right??

It's March and I am impressed by your wonderful sense of time, but just because it is March does not mean that the Dolphins are going to be able to pull an offensive line out of their ass in the next 5 months.

Hmmm again lack of research.....some said Miami needs to address their line, it must be true!!! Do you know how to read? I really don't think it's your stron suit, Miami needs to address their line, but it's not what you think it is. The Right side of the line is fine, we have 2 young LT's that are creating a lot of buzz, but I wouldn't expect you to know that, cause iy's "football news"!! This years draft happens to be deep in G's and we have a few extra picks, I think the line will be just fine. And Miami has one of the best Oline coaches in the league.

At least Buffalo is going about bringing in good linemen (overpaying for it, but still good linemen). And JP Losman is better than anything the Dolphins have on their roster right now, at least he could pull together some wins at the end of last season and is improving every year.

Hmmm, OK let me get this straight, Buffalo has pretty much lost their starting MLB,CB, RB and most likely their starting OLB. They sign one avg. G and below avg, T to 70 million dollars of their caps space.....and their making imporvements?? Wow, your lack of football knowledge is laughable.

Considering A.Thomas size and the fact that he spends prt of the time with a hand on the ground common sense would tell you Thomas would have more sacks, after all DE are suppose to sack the QB.

Shows what you know. One of the remarks on Thomas was that it was amazing how many sacks he has because he is given so few opportunites to rush the passer. He was able to get four more sacks than Porter this year despite splitting time between DE, OLB, ILB, S, and CB.

Bottom line is Porter is coming off a year that was bad enough to get him cut from his team, where as Thomas is coming off the best year of his career. As of now which player's future looks brighter?

Bash you opinion? I asked you questions, obviously because you hate the Fins it has an effect on how you see them this year. Miami Has a top 4 D, soemthing the Bills could only dream of and you see them improving yet not the fins. 37 year old NT?? He had the best season on his career last year and since you cant read, We have Fred Evans, Rod Wright and Manny Wright all of whom cn play the position, all three going into either their 2nd or 3rd season. Why do you write things without doing your resesearch first? You act as if Miami has done nothing to the NT position and if Traylor goes down we have no one to fill his spot.

Have they proven anything yet? That's my point, apparently you can't read either. You're telling me that several undrafted FA who are only in their second or third years are going to be able to come in and play one of the most demanding positions of a 3-4 defense without any fallout on the rest of your defense? I don't think so. Even Mike Wright, who is a plenty capable back up, could not come into the New England defense without the run D suffering. And, BTW, I never said I hate the Dolphins. I don't root for them, but I can still look at a team with a little objectivity, unlike some. Traylor was also injured at the end of last season.

So let me get this right, you think A.Thomas coming from a team that went 13-3 and had the best D in the league makes him and his 11 sacks better then Joey?? How homer of you to think so. However when you look at their career stats A.Thomas doesn't even come close to Joeys #'s. It's ok though, this is what is to be expected from Pat fans....they think everything they do is 1000 times better then everyone els!

AThomas: 96 371 297.0 74 38.5 6 120 20.0 32 2 31

Joey Porter: 122 461 334.0 127 60.0 10 214 21.4 84 1 33

As you can see, Joey Porters #'s dwarf A.Thomas's #'s. Especailly in sacks and since you brought up Thomas's sacks from last year I brought up career sacks...now what exactly does A.Thomas do better then Joey? Cause I don't see it! Considering A.Thomas size and the fact that he spends prt of the time with a hand on the ground common sense would tell you Thomas would have more sacks, after all DE are suppose to sack the QB.

See the poster above me for a little insight.

As I've already stated, Daunte's health is just your opinion and given the fact that a helathy Daunte is far more scary then an injured one...well ofcourse your opinion is he won't return. So basically, you have no proof, it's just an opinion...so who cares what you think he will do. Funny how I think he will return and I'm a homer and you don't think he will return and you're not a homer, whatever!

As far as what Daunte did in limited play last year, did you break down the film?? No, you are one of those people that hear things and then you repeat them as if you know what you're talking about, again do a little research before you talk crap. I doubt you will however it's too easy for you to jsut act like you know what your talking about so why do the research. After all, somebody else said it, it must be true, right??

Since apparently you have done all the research, show or tell me how I was wrong. I haven't broken down the game film, nor do I just accept what others say. But, I did see him play against Buffalo, and I did see him get sacked 7 times that game. And he looked like Drew Bledsoe; immobile and left patting the ball until he got dragged down. In addition to what my eyes have seen, I also read all of the coverage up to the first Dolphins-Pats game, and the majority of the media agreed with me. Tell me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Culpepper on the way to being sacked a record amount before he was benched?

Hmmm again lack of research.....some said Miami needs to address their line, it must be true!!! Do you know how to read? I really don't think it's your stron suit, Miami needs to address their line, but it's not what you think it is. The Right side of the line is fine, we have 2 young LT's that are creating a lot of buzz, but I wouldn't expect you to know that, cause iy's "football news"!! This years draft happens to be deep in G's and we have a few extra picks, I think the line will be just fine. And Miami has one of the best Oline coaches in the league.

You talk a whole lot but say very little. Who are these 2 young studs at LT? Who is buzzing about them? Fans? The media? Are you just accepting what others are saying as the real deal? What about the right side? They need a center. They need some people currently on the roster to step up. Last year the unit was bad, even with Hudson Houck coaching them, and they will need some improvement.

Hmmm, OK let me get this straight, Buffalo has pretty much lost their starting MLB,CB, RB and most likely their starting OLB. They sign one avg. G and below avg, T to 70 million dollars of their caps space.....and their making imporvements?? Wow, your lack of football knowledge is laughable.

Until Spikes is gone he is still on the team. They have Keith Ellison to possibly replace Baker, they could also draft Patrick Willis. You apparently htink that all of the Dolphins woes can be solved in the draft, why can't the Bills? There are a lot of MLBs in this draft that can come in and immediately contribute for a Cover 2 scheme. There are decent cornerbacks to be had that can play in a Cover 2, which does not rely on overly athletic or gifted CBs. RBs can be had in the middle rounds of the draft, or they can pick up a JAG who can contribute. McGahee had 900 yards last season, for an average of 3.8 ypc, you don't think someone else (or a tandem) can come in and provide as much? The Bills losses have been exaggerated by many as being terrible, but in reality they let them leave for a reason.

I did not say that the signings of those linemen were efficient, in fact I said the very opposite, but they are addressing areas of need, and compared to what they had on the roster last season it is an improvement. You expect them to retain a 30+ year old LB who signed for a ton of money and a cornerback who signed an 8 year/$80 MM deal, which would have been just as inefficient, but don't want them addressing the line?

Based on what I have seen and read, these are my opinions. They are not filled with hatred, nor are they extremely biased. I am not saying they are right (they are opinions, of course), but they are what I believe to be true. Maybe you should look into finding opinions and backing up yours, instead of (poorly) attempting to attack those of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call