PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bucs won't cough up enough cash for Ashworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
Brady was one of the most hit QB in the league last year . . . I'll see if I can find numbers on it.

Thanks. I don't dispute it, but I would like to see it just the same. If you are able to find it, can you check the numbers for 2004 as well ? If the rate of hits increased in 2005 it may have been (partly, mostly) due to the drop off in the running game.

Yes, Brady was one of the most hit QBs last year. And honestly, a lot of those hits should have been called late hits and they weren't.

Lamanai said:
I don't dispute it, but I would like to see it just the same. If you are able to find it, can you check the numbers for 2004 as well ?
I haven't been able to find the numbers because the word "hit" brings up a lot of non football "hits" on Google. I'll try again tonight.

I consider a reconstruction of the right side of the OL a major offseason job for the Pats. Clearly they couldn't have been too happy about the job Ashworth and Neal did, since they haven't shown either one a lot of loving this offseason.

In my perfect scenario, BB takes care of the LB and WR situations through FA. Then in the draft he slides down 5-10 spots in the first round and picks up something in the 3rd or 4th round range, then he slides down again somewhere in the half of the second round and picks up a 1st or 2nd for 2007. With one of the 2nd rounders, he gets a playmaker for the secondary and with the other he gets "nasty" OL with "tude".

Six of one

Ashworth or Gorin take your pick. Both are swing tackles. Gorin is a better run blocking RT. Ashworth is a better LT. Asworth can be a situational 3rd TE or fullback. Gorin doesn't have an injury history. Gorin is signed for cheap money. Ashworth wants starter dough (that's millions BTW). With the Kazur option available, let him walk I say. A bigger priority is resign Neil or find an equivalent option at RG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News