PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brown Goes Off, Takes Shots at Patriots Owner Robert Kraft on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he isn't coming back after the bye?

@primetime what's your opinion on who prevails on the guaranteed money given your union experience?

I've read takes that say this situation has never happened before (just like this, 11 days out, right before 1st payment). Also, that it's tough for player not to get his guaranteed $$ since he wasn't terminated for cause so to speak. Team has "maybe" contract language on their side, but their actions (playing him, practices, etc) won't help their cause. Also, language in conflict with way it is applied (i.e. Chung).

If that Pats haver to pay what about Oakland? They guaranteed his money too.

Does that particular Out including regaining the $5M in lost salary-cap space this season? Because that's all about which I really care right now.

I'm not sure - - but from what smarter cap people than me have said, it would be a cap saving NEXT year.

But I defer to those that follow it more closely.

IMHO, The Patriuots are well within their right to not pay the guaranteed money to Brown since his actions were clearly in violation of the "character clause" that is standard in all contracts.

And if he did things after the Pats told him not to, like him messaging the person suing him, then he is doubly screwed.

I doubt the Patriots get the money back this year. They'll likely get it as a credit next year. But, that is just my opinion..

I'm not sure - - but from what smarter cap people than me have said, it would be a cap saving NEXT year.

Miguel. @Patscap

I suck at social media

If that Pats haver to pay what about Oakland? They guaranteed his money too.
Oakland fined and suspended him, and sent him a letter or something. Pats played AB "after" his charges came out. They also allowed him to attend 3 practices "after" the SI story came out. They certainly didn't act like stuff around AB mattered enough to bench him or suspend him.

As far as so called "character" or morality or whatever its called clause, they are obviously not applying it the same across the team since Chung was charged with a felony and wasn't punished, yet AB was released for nothing criminal. The texts, imo are not a valid reason to release him.

@QuantumMechanic has thrown more RED Xs (>4700!) than I have posts, LMAO.

And here comes another one. :rolleyes:

That's what I feared...because we need cap relief This Year...for a TE & LT...otherwise those 2 positions will kill us at the end...Never should've signed him in the first place to any kind of guaranteed contract...

Last edited:
Of course Brady wasn't on board with releasing AB.

1. Brady wants 3 yr extension with guaranteed $$ after winning franchise SB #6;
2. Kraft says nope, we'll give you a raise for this year, that's it cause your old and need to prove yourself;
3. TB shortly thereafter lists his house for sale;
4. BB comes to TB and says I got you a new shiny toy. TB salivates and thinks, this is going to be a banner year;
5. AB gets slaughtered in the media over 2 yo civil allegations (no criminal charges filed);
6. AB sends stupid texts;
7. TB and BB say please don't take our shiny toy away Bob, I mean you got head from a hoe and they have it on video;
8. Kraft says, sorry guys I'll look good if I cut AB since everyone hates him anyway and Goody says he'll cut me some slack over my whoreing. We'll blame it on the texts, the suckers will buy it, lol;
9. AB is released;
10. NFL issues statement threatening all teams with exempt list if they hire him.
11. Shmessy gets free Gillette parking passes from Kraft for pushing the "released because of texts" line at multiple pats forums and on Yahoo.

Tie it up with a nice pretty bow.
Got to give you credit for effort.

Bottom line. Like everyone who comes here.
You cause distractions. You get a plane ticket out

I am sure they were feeling extremely betrayed that he signed this contract knowing a bomb was going to be dropped. Most of the time they would immediately void the contract and move on. BB figured we can weather this storm while giving AB a chance. He warned AB that it was time to get to work but would not tolerate anymore distractions.

AB causes major distraction days later with texting. BB goes to his daily presser and realizes this nightmare is going to go on all year long. He even mentions that they take these allegations seriously. When does he even mention anything unless he is pissed. He has football to worry about. He is not going to babysit this malcontent

Kraft in the meantime was in communication with the NFL in which they told him AB was going to be put on exempt list. They had enough of his antics. Kraft knowing the first payment had not been made yet with only days before they are definitely stuck with this contract while also knowing that this is a bad marriage. He approaches Bill and asks “can you promise this is the last episode” BB says “no”. They both know at that time a divorce is in order.

Last edited:
He's not here ... I wish he was but I've moved on.
Doesn't matter to me who decided what ... I'm on to the rest of the season.

Got to give you credit for effort.

Bottom line. Like everyone who comes here.
You cause distractions. You get a plane ticket out

I am sure they were feeling extremely betrayed that he signed this contract knowing a bomb was going to be dropped. Most of the time they would immediately void the contract and move on. BB figured we can weather this storm while giving AB a chance. He warned AB that it was time to get to work but would not tolerate anymore distractions.

AB causes major distraction days later with texting. BB goes to his daily presser and realizes this nightmare is going to go on all year long. He has football to worry about. He is not going to babysit this malcontent

Kraft in the meantime was in communication with the NFL in which they told him AB was going to be put on exempt list. They had enough of his antics. Kraft knowing the first payment had not been made yet and knows that it is a bad marriage, approaches Bill and asks “can you promise this is the last episode” BB says “no”. They both know at that time a divorce is in order.
I agree with this, Kraft released him because NFL told him they would place him on exempt list, not because of texts.

I agree with this, Kraft released him because NFL told him they would place him on exempt list, not because of texts.
Texts were his deciding factor. All the other BS was before he came here. As long as he kept his nose clean they were going to try and ride it out with him. Once he texted and created another firestorm both Kraft and BB knew he could not be corralled. Definitely the texts played a huge role. Without the texts the NFL would not have put him on the exempt list at that time and the Patriots would ride out the storm. The texts changed everything

Placido Brown is now refusing to ever play The Met again, after allegations of sexual harassment.

So sorry, my mistake. Got my Diva’s mixed up.

Wow, fuck you Troy Brown, after all this franchise has done for you, you pull THIS CRAP?

Wow, **** you Troy Brown, after all this franchise has done for you, you pull THIS CRAP?

Audience looks uncomfortable as you tap the mic and ask if it is working.........

But it was a good effort, fnord! :D

I liked that Ian mentioned thumbs up/thumbs down, then you go to the thread, and it's a picture of Brown with those white gloves with two thumbs down hung around his neck.

We're apparently okay with the devil we know, but I am sure they asked him what other shoe is gonna drop and he didn't say anything. It's not so much that you WOULD say anything necessarily, but once that shoe drops, you can't blame the team if it doesn't want the media circus.

Red X's just mean " disagree " . That's all.
I know, never been worried about the ratings, its just funny how disagreeable some posters can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back