PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos vs Panthers Super Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFL network just straight up lying to make the broncos defense look great

They put up a graphic that said the broncos allowed 215 or fewer pass yards in both of their playoff games, except Roethlisberger threw for 340 yards and Brady threw for 310 yards

Seriously?

I agree. Cam as a player rubs me wholly the wrong way. All it took for me was to see some pee wee football players doing the whip it and nae nae on the field, all the while the mighty mite RB runs the balls for 20 yards while the other are doing whatever. Pathetic.

Anyone who thinks Cams antics, especially if he wins the SB, won't filter down to the kids? I don't. And it's not good for the sport.
I disagree. I don't see how a bunch of dumb kids with awful coaching relates to Cam? Yes, Cam likes to dance and smile and whatever but who cares? He gets the job done and has carried his team plenty of times. He's motivated his crew and taken plenty of hits and shrugged them off. Just because he gets hyped up all the time doesn't wash away the accomplishments that he's hyped up about...

And really, it's up to the coaches to keep their players engaged. If they allow their kids to emulate Cam's dance moves during actual plays or some crap then that's on them... And seriously dude, there are a lot worse "role models" in the NFL than a guy handing out a ball to a child after every TD.

There's a game today?

In my case, there'll be a game for maybe about 15 minutes of Schadenfreude-fueled laughter if Carolina is up by at least 21, otherwise I'll just tune in to watch the replay of Manning's backbreaking INT.

I agree. Cam as a player rubs me wholly the wrong way. All it took for me was to see some pee wee football players doing the whip it and nae nae on the field, all the while the mighty mite RB runs the balls for 20 yards while the other are doing whatever. Pathetic.

Anyone who thinks Cams antics, especially if he wins the SB, won't filter down to the kids? I don't. And it's not good for the sport.

C'mon man. Is this your "what about the kids" moment? Did the kid at least give a parent a football after scoring? :eek:

I hope Thomas Davis can be effective for Carolina

Leave it to the damn Broncos to catch another favorable big break like that this season

I disagree. I don't see how a bunch of dumb kids with awful coaching relates to Cam? Yes, Cam likes to dance and smile and whatever but who cares? He gets the job done and has carried his team plenty of times. He's motivated his crew and taken plenty of hits and shrugged them off. Just because he gets hyped up all the time doesn't wash away the accomplishments that he's hyped up about...

And really, it's up to the coaches to keep their players engaged. If they allow their kids to emulate Cam's dance moves during actual plays or some crap then that's on them... And seriously dude, there are a lot worse "role models" in the NFL than a guy handing out a ball to a child after every TD.

I guess you don't realize what society is today? I doubt Cam did this when he was younger, thus he is able to still play and have focus and incorporate it. The video I linked to has a ton of likes and next to zero dislikes. There is no serious to sports anymore. You are there to play the game, not celebrate every first down or do some stupid dance. Score a TD? Do your dance. Hit a bomb? Watch it for a bit. That's fine.

While these losers were doing the Nae Nae, they got scored on. Hard to discipline them when the crowd is clapping and applauding. You'd get fired.

This commercial was not shown ... the happy ending is why.

yeah..much better having life shortening addiction to Papa John's Piece-O-Shytzza, routine sexual assaults that are paid off with hush money and wholesale blame others parties for every single mistake YOU make...yup, THAT'S what we want to see our kids looking up to. Right...got it....

C'mon man. Is this your "what about the kids" moment? Did the kid at least give a parent a football after scoring? :eek:

No it's about the decline of the sports I watch. Zero respect in alot of cases. Manziel is one of the biggest examples. That starts when they are young.

As a pats fan, I want the Donkeys to lose. As a pats fan living in Charlotte, I'm so tired of hearing about the effing panthers. Dab this superman that. Bandwagon is overloaded. :rolleyes:

No it's about the decline of the sports I watch. Zero respect in alot of cases. Manziel is one of the biggest examples. That starts when they are young.

especially when "they" are NFL royal family bred, with silver spoons stuck in their posteriors from birth

I disagree for the most part but was just kidding around with you.

Kids have been mimicking athletes as long as I can remember. There have been flamboyant stars in the NFL as long as I can remember. The difference now is that we now have the internet, 24 hours of sport coverage and a million various social media tools to anonymously express our opinion.

The decline in football, IMO, has more to do with the "everybody cheats" culture that Roger has created. Mistrust, Scandals, Abuse etc... seem to happen every single year. Thanks Roger.

I guess you don't realize what society is today? I doubt Cam did this when he was younger, thus he is able to still play and have focus and incorporate it. The video I linked to has a ton of likes and next to zero dislikes. There is no serious to sports anymore. You are there to play the game, not celebrate every first down or do some stupid dance. Score a TD? Do your dance. Hit a bomb? Watch it for a bit. That's fine.

While these losers were doing the Nae Nae, they got scored on. Hard to discipline them when the crowd is clapping and applauding. You'd get fired.
I see the point you're trying to make but I don't understand why you're placing the blame at Cam Newton's feet. It's a society issue, he didn't personally instruct these kids and parents to be idiots.

My biggest fear is manning leading some sort of game winning drive and the nauseous media narrative after.

My biggest fear is manning leading some sort of game winning drive and the nauseous media narrative after.

Only way that happens is if Kuechly and/or Norman get hurt and don't come back.

Which wouldn't surprise me the way Denver has been getting breaks this year.

OH NO! BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

There's a game tonight?

I liked the way Manning supported Brady during the deflate-gate (unlike Brady's childhood hero Montana + others) and therefore I don't have a problem with him having some success. I would like the Denver defense to be the reason they lose the Superbowl. The trash talking they did after the AFC game was classless.

I liked the way Manning supported Brady during the deflate-gate (unlike Brady's childhood hero Montana + others) and therefore I don't have a problem with him having some success. I would like the Denver defense to be the reason they lose the Superbowl. The trash talking they did after the AFC game was classless.

What "support" are you talking about?

He was given a chance to defend him and gave a neutral response.

Sure, he didn't bash him like some others but if there's any reason to like Manning, that's not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents