PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brockers in town at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've seen a few youtube videos of him. he doesn't seem to get much push up front.

if the pats trade up it should be for courtney upshaw.

Brockers has a rare frame with those crazy long arms that BB loves in linemen. The question isn't a matter of his game film (he's so raw, and just a Sophomore, what's there to see? it's all projection), but whether he'll take the coaching to turn his potential into something usable. I totally understand the desire to get QT with him. If he's willing to study and learn, I think BB will absolutely take him and be grateful for all the question marks, which drop to a place where we actually have a shot at him. Ceiling is very high. Risk is high, too, because he's so young and untested. Brockers would have done well to spend another year in school, but since he decided to roll the dice... well, let's see.

Trading up for Upshaw makes no sense. He's a good player, but I just came from the Bobby Carpenter thread... and it feels like deja vu. I think Carpenter has as much chance of being an impact player for us this year as Upshaw. Not to say I think Upshaw is a scrub, only that the smooth transition into our scheme is no sure thing. Trading up for a chancy thing like that starts to feel a bit reckless. We could sit tight and double draft Shae McClellin and Vinny Curry at OLB with those picks, and have a better chance at a positive result.

Double dipping seems to be the new trend, first te's, then rb, maybe Olb next?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I think BB has been doing his homework down at the U of Alabama. Remember when he used to hang out with Myers at the U of Florida? We ended up with many players from those teams...maybe a sign of things to come with Bama players
Not sure what this has to do with Brockers- tho. He's an LSU product.

brockers is a project who needed to stay in school for another year. ron brace ran faster than he did at the combine.

he is closer to marquise hill than richard seymour

Upshaw is James Harrison redux. The kid is violent.

I like Melvin Ingram better for us though if we're going the route of an undersized OLB - more athletic and able to cover in space.

Belichick is just doing this to mess with the Jests.

What are we....the freakin' JETS??

I can't believe we have people calling for the Pats to trade up for a player who has more question marks than positives. Right now the only thing I see positive about this kid is that he is tall and has long arms. Lets look at the negatives. He is young, untried, questionable motor....and slower than Ron Brace. :eek:

No doubt this kid is an very interesting developmental prospect, but at best he's a 2 year project before you will see significant production. IL is right. This kid is Marquise Hill II. a great body and tons of potential. BUT you don't risk a #1 pick on someone who can just as easily turn into Jonathan Sullivan as Richard Seymour.

I'm not sure I'd want him even if he fell to us at the end of the round. Look at the film (at least the clips I saw) I can't see anything eye popping about this kid.....except the arms and length :rolleyes: If he is there art 63 I'd take the same flier on this kid that we took on Marquise Hill. At THAT point he'd be worth the risk

It's the long arms obsession. Trend du jour.
After Jason Pierre-Paul, the draftniks are obsessed with that body type.
Please BB, not another Marquis Hill bust.

Remember, Richard Seymour was called inconsistent, with a questionable motor, when he left Georgia. He never went all out in college. He also left early and was injured a bit. This is why the pick was ridiculed in Boston by people like Borges. Should have taken David Terrell instead.

Marquise Hill or Richard Seymour?

Boom or bust?

To be or not to be?

I agree the Patriots possibly have a concern with something with the player, whether it be on the film or his personality, character in general.
They want to be sure their right, I think they will find out that Brockers isn't that much different than deaderick certainly not a Seymour, his ceiling is Ty Warren.

Good post.

Think you might have a player more ready in Crick. Certainly a better sack ability.
DW Toys

Last edited:
The Jesters are more interested in Barron and Upshaw than Brockers.

At least until they start to believe that Belichick is interested in Brockers, in which case they will begin to question their own thinking, and take Brockers just to keep him out of the Pats' hands.

They are an easily fooled group. Flash a shiny object and their attention can easily be had.

At least until they start to believe that Belichick is interested in Brockers, in which case they will begin to question their own thinking, and take Brockers just to keep him out of the Pats' hands.

They are an easily fooled group. Flash a shiny object and their attention can easily be had.

the jets are not as dumb as they used to be. under mangini they would have fallen for something like that as they did with gholston.

Marquise Hill or Richard Seymour?

Boom or bust?

Neither. Why does he have to be one of two players? Do you really live inside such a small world of football that you only know 2 34 DE's?

Brockers would turn out as a decent player in New England. Not as good as Seymour, but he would be decent at least. Maybe a better version of Marcus Spears. Good coaching staff, and veteran DLinemen to keep him in check. It's when players go to teams with unstable coaching situations and other young players that they turn into busts.

Watching tape of Brockers, he isn't someone who jumps out as dominant. But he does make a lot of plays at the LOS, stopping the run. He offers very little as a pass rusher, but he gets his hands up high and bats down passes. He is inconsistent and still learning. In the right situation, Brockers will become a good player. BB would be able to get every ounce of talent out of Brockers.

Last edited:
the jets are not as dumb as they used to be. under mangini they would have fallen for something like that as they did with gholston.

C'mon, man! I'm just goofin around and you are acting all serious. Do you really think anyone on this forum has a clue about what the Pats are thinking, and why they are doing what they are doing? The only way any poster on this site will post an accuracy in that regard is the blind squirrel rule. We are all shooting in the dark. Some posters use the language of authority as if they know something but it is all just posturing.

Remember, Richard Seymour was called inconsistent, with a questionable motor, when he left Georgia. He never went all out in college. He also left early and was injured a bit. This is why the pick was ridiculed in Boston by people like Borges. Should have taken David Terrell instead.

Seymour at least ran a sub 4.9/40

Seymour was clearly drafted where he was supposed to be.

Brockers does not help defensive athleticism

brockers is a project who needed to stay in school for another year. ron brace ran faster than he did at the combine.

he is closer to marquise hill than richard seymour

Riiiiiiiggght. Cause that's what separates good defensive lineman from the bad ones. Their 40 time.

WOW.

:rolleyes:

Seymour at least ran a sub 4.9/40

Seymour was clearly drafted where he was supposed to be.

Brockers does not help defensive athleticism

And that's the reason he became a Pro Bowler. His 40 time as a defensive lineman.

Your posts are funny. You sound like Al Davis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back