PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brockers in town at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, cross him off the list.

I think BB has been doing his homework down at the U of Alabama. Remember when he used to hang out with Myers at the U of Florida? We ended up with many players from those teams...maybe a sign of things to come with Bama players

I think BB has been doing his homework down at the U of Alabama. Remember when he used to hang out with Myers at the U of Florida? We ended up with many players from those teams...maybe a sign of things to come with Bama players

Agreed 100%. If any of Upshaw, Kirkpatrick and Barron are their and #2 7 and then #31, i wouldn't be shocked if we take 2 bama players. This list may well include Hightower too..

Well, cross him off the list.

I agree the Patriots possibly have a concern with something with the player, whether it be on the film or his personality, character in general.
They want to be sure their right, I think they will find out that Brockers isn't that much different than deaderick certainly not a Seymour, his ceiling is Ty Warren.

Doesn't BB have a special rapore with Nick Saban??

The Pats will have to trade up quite a bit to get Brockers. Many so-called experts have him going in the first half of the first round.

Saban has really been pimping for Brockers. Belichick may be doing his good buddy Nick a solid by helping to generate more buzz for Brockers by bringing him in. Belichick did the same thing for Urban Meyers by bringing in Tim Tebow and taking him out to dinner.

Last edited:
So who is BB trying to get reaching for him?

It worked in the past with Gholston & Tebow :D

The Pats will have to trade up quite a bit to get Brockers. Many so-called experts have him going in the first half of the first round.

Saban has really been pimping for Brockers. Belichick may be doing his good buddy Nick a solid by helping to generate more buzz for Brockers by bringing him in. Belichick did the same thing for Urban Meyers by bringing in Tim Tebow and taking him out to dinner.

Am I missing something here? Brockers went to LSU

Nothing wrong with covering your bases...remember ....Big Vince was ...slated for the early teens ....

He would instantly change our defense for the better. Doubt he's available when we pick, but it's worth having a looksee.

If he's the next Richard Seymour, trade up as far as you have to. If he's a poor man's Richard Seymour, don't give up too much to climb. If he's always going to be just Brockers, don't move up at all.

If he's the next Richard Seymour, trade up as far as you have to. If he's a poor man's Richard Seymour, don't give up too much to climb. If he's always going to be just Brockers, don't move up at all.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, that's why it's such a gamble though.

I wouldn't want to try and predict it, to be honest.

I'd move up into the early 20's myself, so I suppose I would take somewhat of a chance.

i've seen a few youtube videos of him. he doesn't seem to get much push up front.

if the pats trade up it should be for courtney upshaw.

i've seen a few youtube videos of him. he doesn't seem to get much push up front.

if the pats trade up it should be for courtney upshaw.

You think they should pass over the guy who "doesn't seem to get much push up front" for a linebacker who runs in the 4.8s and doesn't have great initial burst?

funny, Brockers went to LSU. Care to share where this "pimping" information came from?

funny, Brockers went to LSU. Care to share where this "pimping" information came from?

Confused him with Courtney Upshaw for a second. I know two different schools and positions, but both are potential targets of the Pats.

Saw the Saban reference before my post and made a stupid connection. This is why I am not a draftnik.

Last edited:
You think they should pass over the guy who "doesn't seem to get much push up front" for a linebacker who runs in the 4.8s and doesn't have great initial burst?

i could be wrong, but upshaw seems to have a knack for getting to the QB. i would like to see a difference maker on D.

i could be wrong, but upshaw seems to have a knack for getting to the QB. i would like to see a difference maker on D.

In all but the rarest of years at any given position, even top picks have warts. I don't know whether or not Brockers is the goods or not, and I'm not saying that the Patriots should, or shouldn't, draft him. I do know that, when it comes to drafting first round picks, I trust BB more than I'd trust anyone else in the league.

Second and third round picks, not so much, but first round picks, absolutely. Even his "fails" have been serviceable players prior to injury.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference