PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brock Vereen retires [Update: waived; claimed by Chiefs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he decided to walk away on his own terms ( retire) versus being cut...............

I doubt it. He would have been able to find a job elsewhere if he didn't find one on this team. I would bet this has more to do with concerns over long term health.

Weird.

This sounds like he wanted a new team I bet the Patriots didn't want to grant his release so he then fake retired then was released I cant make sense of this.

Happy birthday to former retiree Brock Vereen!

Very fun story. Viva Vereen.

So, was this:

A. a double transaction by BB (trying to stash a hurt player with potential) that failed.

Or
B. a double transaction initiated by vereen to get to a place he wouldnt be 3-4 down on depth chart.

Just wondering . . .

Curiouser and curiouser. Wonder if he saw how stacked the position is with incumbents, and requested permission to seek employment elsewhere?

Somebody saw the...

writing-on-the-wall.jpg

kyler kerbyson was released to make room for ebner. so brock vereen's release still leaves an open spot.

Patriots release Kyler Kerbyson to make room for Nate Ebner

Since they have to cut to 80 soon, my guess is they'll just leave it open.

Vereen has a shot to start or be the top backup in Kansas City with Berry holding out and there was a less than zero chance he even made the team here since the Patriots have two of the best starting safeties in the game in Chung and McCourty, a rock solid backup in Harmon, and a promising second-year player in Richards all in front of him... to say nothing of three special teams mavens in Ebner, King, and Slater who are almost certainly going to make it and have all played safety at one time or another. Top to bottom, it's the strongest position on the team.

Can't really blame him for faking retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back