Brian Billick, JEST OC to interview for Bills HC job

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
According to PFT.

And, yes, the JEST OC is Brian Schottenheimer, Marty's son.

The jokes fairly write themselves, although I admit I actually pity the Bills at this point.

Last edited:
Would not like to see Billick as the Bills head coach. Like him or hate him, he is a good head coach and will surely improve the Bills and make them more competitive in the division.

Billick is an ass and Little Schotty is a laughing stock in NY. I'd rather the latter get hired.

Would not like to see Billick as the Bills head coach. Like him or hate him, he is a good head coach and will surely improve the Bills and make them more competitive in the division.

THIS... As much as I agree that Billick lacks the social graces of Coach B, I'd rather he DIDN'T end up in Buffalo, because he is a VERY competent coach. He could make them contenders again, in maybe a couple years, and that isn't something that any PATS fan wants to see.

On the contrary, Billick to the Bills will only raise the bar in what's needed to remain ahead of the pack in the AFC East and the NFL. The better our competitors, the better for the Patriots.

Billick is an offensive guru who failed to develop a QB in several seasons in Baltimore WHEN THAT WAS ALL THEY NEEDED TO COMPETE... He didn't handle the defense and he didn't buy the groceries.

Shottsie, Jr. is an OC under seige in eastern NY...for not developing a QB or an offense (although his few fans try to claim Brees and Rivers as his). Nix claims despite being a rookie GM himself he wants a veteran HC, so unless Shottsie, Sr. comes with Jr. he won't get one. He also wants a teacher and neither Billick or Jr. has been able to teach their teams much of anything. Ray ran the show in Baltimore and the HC of the moment has run the JESTS in Shottsie's tenure.

Either would be an outstanding choice from our perspective. They are more likely to turn it all around hitting with an unknown superstar. This team has been a shambles since Ralph fired the last two competent GM's on his staff, Butler who took AJ with him and went on to build SD through the draft and Polian whom he fired after losing 3 Superbowls in a row...Now they have a GM who as a former scout claims their lack of success is largely IR/conditioning related...

They say a fish rots from the head. They won't get over the hump in Ralph's time any more than Oakland will in Al's. Their only shot was to hire a competent GM or a HC with total football authority and they will have done neither.

I say let them get Billick.

Schottenheimer can keep screwing up the Jets and Billick can screw up the Bills.

Leaves us just to worry about the Phins again.

I thought Billick was a terrible head coach.

He was arrogant. He came in as an offensive guru and failed to develop a QB or an effective offense in his 9 years in Baltimore. And, most importantly, he instilled no discipline in the Ravens whatsoever - the inmates ran the asylum there. I'll never forget him blowing a sarcastic kiss at Rodney Harrison during the 2007 game against the Pats.

As far as I'm concerned, Billick is an arrogant, pompous windbag who belongs on TV listening to himself speak. I wouldn't worry much about him as the HC of the Jills.

Whenever I read his name, I always think of when he made a kissing motion to Rodney in the 07 Ravens MNF game!

I actually like Billick at his present job, color commentator. He is usually doing 3rd level games, so I don't know how many of you have listen to him do a game, but he is very good. He has keen insights, and explains offenses and "systems" very well. He did have a great line the other day (great if your name isn't Kyle Boller), when he said that "as a NFL head coach, if you go for a QB in the first round and miss, you will end up doing something other than being a head coach in the NFL".

I always thought he was kinda an ass, but I think he has been humbled a little bit, and is very good at his current job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST