PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREAKING NEWS? Man, Is BB Milking This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was hurt enough to not be ready for a practice less than two weeks before the Super Bowl, there is 0% chance of him not staying in Foxboro with the team's trainers and medical staff. I can't believe there are people who don't understand that.

So you think the boot and the limp was just a complete hoax and he was acting?

If you have a sprained ankle, it's not as if staying in Foxboro is going to magically heal it. There's only so much you can do to heal it, sometimes it just takes time for the swelling to go down. We've seen two pictures/videos of Brady walking from the car to her apartment and then walking to a restaurant and all of a sudden that means he's going wild in NYC and therefore must be 100% ok and it's all just an elaborate Belichick ploy. I find this hard to believe.

He had a high ankle sprain, he went to NY on it, came back, it's still not completely healed yet so he may miss a little practice time. Why is that simple explanaition so hard to believe?

Anyone else think this foot injury fiasco is just a ploy to take some of the negative spotlight and hype off of Randy Moss?

I hadn't thought of that. If that was the intent, it's working. Media is desparate for "news" with 10 days to go.

I hadn't thought of that. If that was the intent, it's working. Media is desparate for "news" with 10 days to go.

Plus, as an added benefit, it makes mediots like Jason Whitlock more likely to pick the Giants to win . . . which gives the Pats more credence for that "disrespect" card. :)

If he was hurt enough to not be ready for a practice less than two weeks before the Super Bowl, there is 0% chance of him not staying in Foxboro with the team's trainers and medical staff. I can't believe there are people who don't understand that.

I disagree, though I am not a doctor. Isn't it possible that Brady has a small injury, one that would benefit from not playing football for a week, but walking is OK for it? In this case, he could go to NYC while still not participating in practices this week. Is this scenario so impossible?

I disagree, though I am not a doctor. Isn't it possible that Brady has a small injury, one that would benefit from not playing football for a week, but walking is OK for it? In this case, he could go to NYC while still not participating in practices this week. Is this scenario so impossible?

Your post makes way to much since. No one in the media will ever bring it up. They have to make everything into the biggest story ever.

Your post makes way to much since. No one in the media will ever bring it up. They have to make everything into the biggest story ever.

Yes they do.

Of course, this place isn't much different some of the time. Just look at this thread with multiple conspiracies about what is "really" going on.

It can't be as simple as resting a guy who has an injury when there is no game for 10 days so it will heal up better. It has to be BB milking it to play tricks on the media, deflect media pressure from Moss, fool the Giants, etc.

He had a high ankle sprain, he went to NY on it, came back, it's still not completely healed yet so he may miss a little practice time. Why is that simple explanaition so hard to believe?

I agree Widlo. He wasn't ready to go today.
I can not buy the hoax idea. No way. Not unless Tom has completely
changed what he believes. How many times have we heard Tom say

A good week of practice leads to a good game on Sunday(game day).

Why in the world would he sacrifice one day of practice to try and
deceive a Veteran Coach who wouldn't buy it. Neither BB or Tom would
be so dumb.

If Tom is not at practice tomorrow .. there is good reason to be
concerned ... even if he plays and is ready to go on Super Day.
With so few practices scheduled .. two days out is a big thing!

here's how i feel about it.

Brady is not 100%, has he been the past couple years...probably not.

I think he does have some type of injury and I doubt it will afftect his play too much.

He will play through it for sure. BB is also not stupid. If he IS all banged up (which i think is bullsh1t cause he can walk just fine), then JMD and BB will have a game plan relevant to Brady's status.

Either way, all of us on this board are smart enough to suspect that it is a minor thing and #12 and the offensive strategy WILL be ready next Sunday.

..this is how i feel about it...man I can't wait till next Sunday.....

Who knows what to believe, except this story (Boot-gate?) has legs. :D

I feel that regardless of the media coverage (face it, they are into selling headlines, not facts these days), these are the facts to focus on:
1. Brady is not on crutches or using a walker,
2. He's played with many minor injuries, and
3. It would take wild horses (Not Broncos, though) to keep him off the field on gameday.

Hoax, probably not- Giants will plan for Brady regardless.
Serious injury, probably not - He's walking
Sprain/minor injury with the media hyping it up, most likely

Can't blame BB or the team for the headlines, selective editing is the art of the media.

Now let's just hope he doesn't nick himself shaving this week....

There's no "hoax". It just seems that BB, Brady and the team are having a bit of fun with it with the media.

I really don't feel like reading 8 pages of this stuff, but all we really know about today is that Brady and Rodney were not at the "MEDIA PORTION" of practice, which is 10-15 minutes at the start of practice. It was also in the Dana Faber field house.

Sooooo...usher the media out the front door and Brady comes in the back door. Not saying he practiced at all, but he may have and no one outside the team saw it.

Again, sorry if this has already been pointed out.

I totally believe BB is playing the media on this. Everyone knows Brady will play, but it just irks the media that they can't get BB to admit to it. BB loves it, and this is thstuff that make the media HATE BB.

Last edited:
There's no "hoax". It just seems that BB, Brady and the team are having a bit of fun with it with the media.

At first I thought you were wrong about this...But then ESPN updates all night:

Brady misses first 15 minutes of Patriots practice. And nobody knows about the other 120. Classic.

Either Brady's injury is just a tad more serious than our hopes have allowed us to believe, or BB is trying to get inside the Giants' heads, or Brady was delayed getting onto the practice field.

The problem with the "inside the heads" theory is that it would be be hard to keep it up for another ten days, so what would be the use of it?

The problem with the "delayed" theory is that I don't think BB would tolerate that, even in his frnachise QB.

That leaves us with Curtain A. The injury is a little worse than most of us think.

He has a high ankle sprain, according to Reiss. To be a lot more serious, he would need to have had an amputation.

He's walking around on it, which means it's a minor one (a major one would require screws to be implanted).

We know exactly what it is and it's not a trivial injury, why concoct fantasies?

The injury won't be fully healed, he'll play on it. Had it been the more serious version, he wouldn't have been walking on it in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes