PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BREAKING NEWS? Man, Is BB Milking This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this sound for a theory.....

As Tom obviously has some sort of injury and hasn't been seen by the trainer in a few days, the coach told him to get checked out first then join us for practice.

He's probably just taking it easy for a few days, relax guys, there's no reason to aggravate it if it is a sprained ankle.

I tend to think this week's practices will be a lot more important. They'll be hitting in one practice and simulating the game. The gameplan is installed before they leave for Sunday. After media days and walkthrough on Friday, that leaves one real practice in Arizona at best before the Super Bowl.
From what I recall in past years, Media Day is on Tuesday; Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are real practices and Saturday is a walkthrough. The gameplan will be installed before Sunday, but that doesn't mean it's ready now so they won't be practicing it today.

Regards,
Chris

It's a BIG cow that BB tries to milk. Got milk.?

I don't know why everyone's looking at this like an either/or situation.....that he's either really hurt or it's a ploy. I suspect he's getting some treatment and he's essentially fine. Don't really see this as being worthy of all these threads & posts.

Re: Man, Is BB Milking This!

Are you under the impression that the media portion of the practice is anywhere near the entire practice time? Please tell me you don't get worried every week when you see Brady's name on the "Probable - shoulder" list.

Not being sarcastic, just wondering.
Not when his name is on the injury report, no. But this is different. He missed a practice and yes, I do pay attention when he misses a practice. We all paid attention last training camp, if you recall, when he missed a practice.

Either Brady's injury is just a tad more serious than our hopes have allowed us to believe, or BB is trying to get inside the Giants' heads, or Brady was delayed getting onto the practice field.

The problem with the "inside the heads" theory is that it would be be hard to keep it up for another ten days, so what would be the use of it?
The other problem is if you are the Giants you totally ignore all this and practice as though Brady were playing. If it happens that Brady can't play and Cassel has to go in, I think the Giants will be okay with that.

Not when his name is on the injury report, no. But this is different. He missed a practice and yes, I do pay attention when he misses a practice. We all paid attention last training camp, if you recall, when he missed a practice.

Wooooah!!! Who reported that he missed a practice?

Wooooah!!! Who reported that he missed a practice?
In training camp or today?

EDIT: in training camp, Brady missed July 30 and 31.

Last edited:
So I ask myself, if I were BB what storyline would I prefer the national mediots focus on for the next 10 days...

Brady's ankle
The pressure of going undefeated
My game plan vs. the Giants
Randy Moss' restraining order

So I ask myself, if I were BB what storyline would I prefer the national mediots focus on for the next 10 days...

Brady's ankle
The pressure of going undefeated
My game plan vs. the Giants
Randy Moss' restraining order

Exactly. Which is why BB is laughing his butt off and having a good time at the expense of the (mostly) NY media.

Exactly. Which is why BB is laughing his butt off and having a good time at the expense of the (mostly) NY media.

Fair enough. It also seems to be making some media types (Whitlock) pick against the Pats. I just have a hard time believing that it's just a complete hoax.

Fair enough. It also seems to be making some media types (Whitlock) pick against the Pats. I just have a hard time believing that it's just a complete hoax.

So? That's more of a commentary on the "media types" than anything.

Evidently, you believe that the Patriots were resigned to having their franchise QB go to NYC for 3 days with an injured foot (instead of using that time to be rehab the foot with the team medical staff) so that he could miss the first of 5 real practices before the Super Bowl? OK, got it.

So? That's more of a commentary on the "media types" than anything.

Evidently, you believe that the Patriots were resigned to having their franchise QB go to NYC for 3 days with an injured foot (instead of using that time to be rehab the foot with the team medical staff) so that he could miss the first of 5 real practices before the Super Bowl? OK, got it.

I was saying that it's a good thing if it makes media types pick against the Pats. And how do you know that Brady didn't have someone from the team or some other trainer with him? People make way to big a deal of him going to NYC for a couple of days. It's a half hour flight in first class, it's not like he went on a safari.

I'm sure it didn't start out being a hoax. Brady may have tweaked his ankle but as it's been pointed out there's NO way Brady would have gone to NYC and not gotten treatment if there was a serious issue. But I do believe the team decided to have some fun with this once they saw how quick to react the media was to this. BB is a genius.

I was saying that it's a good thing if it makes media types pick against the Pats. And how do you know that Brady didn't have someone from the team or some other trainer with him? People make way to big a deal of him going to NYC for a couple of days. It's a half hour flight in first class, it's not like he went on a safari.

If he was hurt enough to not be ready for a practice less than two weeks before the Super Bowl, there is 0% chance of him not staying in Foxboro with the team's trainers and medical staff. I can't believe there are people who don't understand that.

You know-- most times the most obvious answer is the right one.

His ankle is injured... he's being rested for it. If it is a sprain as reported, that'd be normal. It'll also be normal for it to be healed up well enough for him to play come the SBowl.

I don't think him being in New York or not would be seen as something that would affect his ankle either. He didn't appear to be going "clubbing." He appeared to be going eating...

People spend way too much time looking for conspiracy theories or big stories.

A guy with an ankle sprain not practicing on Thursday when there is no game this week is about as vanilla as it gets.

That's the real beauty of it. It isn't. He tweeked his ankle. But that's it, tweeked. He likely had therapy while in NYC - they have stuff like that in the big apple. Now he's back and he doesn't want to play 20 questions thoughout the bye week, so he's laying low and letting the media run with it if that makes them almost as happy. Beats the alternative which is answering their half assed questions about a tweeked ankle 5 days before he has to.

By the time we got to Jacksonville, even the usually level headed Jaws was picking the Eagles. Of course, the fact that he once QB'd them probably had a lot to do with it. Wishful thinking. Picks are like polls - meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes