PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking down that 77 Yard TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see an offensive player lay some serious wood. Besides the quick strike 7 points that halted Miami's momentum, knock out blows on full display can do as much damage psychologically as scoring the TD. We saw it with McCourty's big hit a few weeks ago. We also saw Gronk get pasted verses Seattle knocking the wind out of the entire Patriots offense. I'm just waiting for some O line pancake blocks to get the juices flowing this post season

Great job, Rook. This play reminds me of the 3rd-down conversion to White during the 3rd quarter
of the Donkeys game. White was an ankle tackle away from taking that one to the house, too.

Man, you might have set a forum record for the most highly rated post.

And well deserved at that. You put a lot of work into it.

RookBoston had just done an outstanding detailed analysis of BB's draft methods when I first joined Patsfans years ago, and it became a classic.

For as long as he has been posting here he has relatively few posts, but as this thread shows, he makes up for quantity with quality.

Gr8 work rook!

Great to see an offensive player lay some serious wood. Besides the quick strike 7 points that halted Miami's momentum, knock out blows on full display can do as much damage psychologically as scoring the TD. We saw it with McCourty's big hit a few weeks ago. We also saw Gronk get pasted verses Seattle knocking the wind out of the entire Patriots offense. I'm just waiting for some O line pancake blocks to get the juices flowing this post season

I think as much as the block itself was spectacular, consider Floyd did that and was in sync with the play after being here only 3 weeks.

Perfect examplification of what's wrong with PFF.

Ya, football isn't really a 'stat friendly' game like baseball. In baseball it's one on one, batter vs pitcher, in which it's quite easy to see each individuals success.

At least Brady gets credit for a 77 yard TD on that play. I think stats do the most disservice to defensive players. If a guy like Sherman can truly be a shutdown corner and not even have the opposing QB throw his way, that won't translate to anything stat wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents