PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes claims injury report by the Patriots was false

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Spikes followed Talib’s lead and brushed off any injury concerns by shifting the blame to the Patriots.

It Is What It Is » Brandon Spikes takes exception to injury claims: 'A false report' by Patriots

Correct me if I am wrong but I recall that at the end of the game against his new team the Buffalo Bills in week 17 him holding his knee and being tended to along the hash marks at the end of the fourth quarter. You would have thought one of those Buffalo reporters would have said “but what about”.

Last edited by a moderator:
his knee clearly gave out on that play with him limping bad...unless his ankle gave out....

But idk why you would hold your knee if it's not hurt? This isn't soccer.

He didn't like it here..he is just adding on to it

his knee clearly gave out on that play with him limping bad...unless his ankle gave out....

But idk why you would hold your knee if it's not hurt? This isn't soccer.

He didn't like it here..he is just adding on to it

Speaks to the type of player in the NFL these days, Welker, Talib, and Spikes all should have walked away thanking the franchise for the opportunity, instead they insert their foot in their mouth.

Well, then I suppose this means we can look forward to both Talib and Spikes playing each and every game this season now that they are free of the Patriots and their evil injury-inventing ways.

Spikes was so injured he couldn't even shovel snow.

yeah players are probably going to play down injuries just like the Pats maybe play them up. Who cares, no need to get sanctimonious and start pleating on about the good old days.

Besides, I thought it was the predominant narrative that the injury was used as a pretext for IRing him due to being late and stuff ("stuff" being a total liability for most football downs played after the 90s)

Not wanting to be on IR is not the same as lying about the injury.

I'm shocked...SHOCKED to hear that Belichick has been anything but completely transparent regarding player injuries.

Does Spikes realize he is playing on a 1 year deal? Don't burn bridges, Brandon. Some day you might be begging to come back to New England.

Same opinion that I had with Talib: it was pretty clear that he was injured, and presumably that's why he was unable to play effectively. If he is right, and he was actually fine, then the only alternative is that he stopped being good at football because... why, exactly? Because he was tired? Because he was a quitter?

HIs thumb was day to day after posting a pic of his car in the driveway....which in turn sealed the fate of a player who was full of excuses but not accountability...should have been gone long ago dude.

he never mentioned what the injury was during this claim. Just a bunch of excuses and whining from a player about being put in IR.

i don't understand what would be the gain for Pats in release false injury report...
ok for Spikes could be a punishment....
but for Talib?he was injured.....why put a different injury on report?

You'd think Buffalo would be the absolute last place he'd want to go.

i don't understand what would be the gain for Pats in release false injury report...
ok for Spikes could be a punishment....
but for Talib?he was injured.....why put a different injury on report?

Ironically, to protect the player.

You'd think Buffalo would be the absolute last place he'd want to go.

It was from what I've gathered from Spikes comments, to reunite with Pepper Johnson.

Spikes is just a big fake. Too bad, I'd have loved to like him.

One day he's saying he'll be in tears the whole game playing the Patriots. The day before he tweeted :

"BrandonSpikes51 ‏@BrandonSpikes51 Mar 15
Free at last, free at last. I thank God I’m free at last. Free at last, Free at last !!!!!! #LetsGetIt #PoWwWwW",

and today he says the Patriots are liars.

There's a reason Bill keeps a lot of these guys from talking.

In fact this is his current twitter header :

BrandonSpikes51 Verified account
@BrandonSpikes51
LB for the Buffalo Bills Brandon Spikes, LB for the Buffalo Bills at NFL.com …. Just a small fish in a big pond #PoWwWwWwWwW
Free at last! Free at last!

He is free at last to be playing for a mediocre team with very little chance to make it to the post season. I wonder if he cares more about posting on twitter than winning football games?

Well, then I suppose this means we can look forward to both Talib and Spikes playing each and every game this season now that they are free of the Patriots and their evil injury-inventing ways.

What will be amusing is when Talib pulls up lame with his degenerate hip next season by week 6.

!@#$'em. The guy is straight up lying. He even mentions Talib saying this same bull$#@!; trying to legitimize what Talib said by making it seem more legit with two people having the same complaint. He is trying to pile on to make it seem like they aren't both full of it.

The fun part of this knee injury: the Bills were laughing at him and talking !@#$ to him after he hurt his knee. A coach on the side line was the worst of them about it. Yet He signed with that team anyway and talks about New England negatively. Classic case of an idiot with a bullhorn (twitter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes