PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lafell

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this week's Patriots All Access:

Ix9ditR.png

He's from Houston, went to LSU, and has played for the Panthers and currently plays for the Patriots, so why the Bulls hat? Just a fashion statement? Maybe a fan of MJ's Bulls?
Maybe he's a blood like Hernandez oh Belichick can't stay away from bringing in this decay.
There is no way he grew up following Michael Jordan because by rule Jordan Fans can only be from the Midwest.
Sarcasm off

Deus...my point is that Gronk is one of the most ELITE pass catchers in the league. when he's healthy he has the SAME effect on our offense that having a #1 wide receiver would. There was a stat on ESPN a couple months ago about how he ranks up there with AJ Green, bryant, johnson etc.

he pulls 2-3 defenders with him in coverage every play...same as a wide receiver like calvin johnson or julio jones or Dez Bryant would. and he pulls in 12-15 td's on average when he plays a full season.

he might have Tight End next to his name...but hes every much the pass catcher as those wide receivers you mention.

He's a TE, not a WR. It matters. Just ask Jimmy Graham's wallet.

He has played well and has been a welcome addition last 2 games. But I want to see him make some tough catches in traffic or crucial -got to have it- catches in a game and see how it shapes up. Pressure playmaking is not the same . I mean Reche Caldwell made some big plays but we know what he did in the AFCCG. Not saying lafell is that but he isnt edelman-reliable yet. For me at least.

another pretty solid game from lafell 4 catches for 55 yards. he's on pace for about 770yards and 7td's according to ESPN.

so far, he's looked like a nice pickup after a poor first couple of weeks. although, if i'm amendla i'm blaming Lafell for about 100yards lost!! pats need to stop trying that lafell pick play. it doesnt work

Jerricho Cotchery is projected out at 53 catches for 700 yards and a 13.1 YPR average--or pretty much exactly what Brandon LaFell had been doing for them. He's also a much cheaper option.

To take it one step further, they seem to have hit a homerun on their 1st round pick at WR--Kelvin Benjamin, who is far and away the top ranked rookie wide receiver. He's absolutely killing it.

The move to let LaFell walk was all about refusing to pay him the kind of money that a team such as NE offered (9 million for 3 years), as they were trying to keep their excellent defense together and likely knew that they wanted to take a top round WR.

That is a total non sequitor. It is only true if you expect nothing more from a WR. LaFell contributes as the best run blocking WR I've seen in years,helping establish bigger running plays. He is also a taller Red Zone threat, too. If the coaches ever get arround to designing better pick plays, he can contribute on WR clearouts, too.

I take LaFell any day.

another pretty solid game from lafell 4 catches for 55 yards. he's on pace for about 770yards and 7td's according to ESPN.

so far, he's looked like a nice pickup after a poor first couple of weeks. although, if i'm amendla i'm blaming Lafell for about 100yards lost!! pats need to stop trying that lafell pick play. it doesnt work

The pick play does work, LaFell just can't sell it to save his life.

That is a total non sequitor. It is only true if you expect nothing more from a WR. LaFell contributes as the best run blocking WR I've seen in years,helping establish bigger running plays. He is also a taller Red Zone threat, too. If the coaches ever get arround to designing better pick plays, he can contribute on WR clearouts, too.

I take LaFell any day.

I understand that is your personal preference, but in the era of the salary cap (as we've seen with a high number of players we'd have liked to keep), the Panthers felt that it was better to pass on his 9 million dollar salary offer from New England.

Since that decision was made, they've not only saved money at the position, but also replicated the production; which was 100 percent the point entirely.

He has played well and has been a welcome addition last 2 games. But I want to see him make some tough catches in traffic or crucial -got to have it- catches in a game and see how it shapes up. Pressure playmaking is not the same . I mean Reche Caldwell made some big plays but we know what he did in the AFCCG. Not saying lafell is that but he isnt edelman-reliable yet. For me at least.

While he isn't "Edelman-reliable" yet, he's a welcome improvement on the joke of receiving options we had last year, and has shown continued improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results