PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon LaFell finds his groove…

Status
Not open for further replies.
After going without a catch in his first 2 games Brandon LaFell has produced 43 targets, 30 catches, 69.7% catch ratio, 461 yards, 15.3 average, and 4 touchdowns in his last 6. Over 16 games that pace projects to – 80 catches, 1224 yards, and 10 touchdowns, which would be the best performance by an outside WR since Randy Moss.

Wow. That either says our outside WRs have not been good or Lafell is turning out to be a very fine signing. I lean toward the optimistic POV that LaFell was simply a very fine signing.

Speaking of those target numbers -- off topic a little -- how about Wright? I think it was 18 catches on 19 targets. With that amount of targets that's a eye catching %.

I love the way LaFell runs with the ball after the catch.
We have not had (that I can remember) a WR who ran with power after the catch since David Givens.

David Givens did great for us in the post season (7 rouchdowns).

I love the way LaFell runs with the ball after the catch.
We have not had (that I can remember) a WR who ran with power after the catch since David Givens.

David Givens did great for us in the post season (7 rouchdowns).
I actually will prefer him to go down forward than he trying to cut back and losing yards. He did it over and over again trying to get more yards but actually losing momentum. I will also like for him to go down early if there is no space, he is not as shifty as he thinks he is.
It is time to start working with Amendola and Dobson as well since Julien is a proven commodity. Lets work on all our weapons and set up for the second season.

I liked this signing, I told the kid at the local 7-11 (Panthers fan) that I couldn't wait to see Brady with a big target like Lafell. He can block too!

He reminds me of Givens or Gaffney, solid unsung WR who is more valuable on our team than he would be on others.

I liked his signing and admittedly he has been playing better than i expected recently

However, his biggest problem in Carolina was acquiring dropsies in big games, which haven't been played yet this season. If he's able to sustain that level into the playoffs and, to a lesser level , in what should be a close and emotional game, then i 'll be ready to jump in the bandwagon and proclaim he is free agent steal

I think its a different system/better QB which is really playing into his skillset....he also has developed the "trust" with brady which is key in having success in this offense.

nothing against Cam Newton, but it is interesting that both their WR's Steve Smith/Brandon LaFell had -so-so years last year so they let them go.

they go to different teams and are having great years.

its really nice having a big target that brady can throw a fade route to in the endzone besides gronkowski

It's going to be nice if they feed Amendola and Wright a little more (Wright got some against the Bears) so we could go to he playoffs with maybe 5 receivers over 500/600 yards, not concentrated in one target last year, so DC's will have a lot of problems to account for 5 possible targets.

I'm getting extra helpings of crow. After a disappointing preseason and first few weeks I did not think he'd get it together. Most guys who start slow here don't ever figure it out. He's been a real beast out there. Probably will get Talib on him which will be a real challenge for him(until Talib's hip calls it a day).

I think its a different system/better QB which is really playing into his skillset....he also has developed the "trust" with brady which is key in having success in this offense.

nothing against Cam Newton, but it is interesting that both their WR's Steve Smith/Brandon LaFell had -so-so years last year so they let them go.

they go to different teams and are having great years.

its really nice having a big target that brady can throw a fade route to in the endzone besides gronkowski
Carolina wanted to sign both Smith and Lafell, but they didn't have any cap room to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes