PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Spat on in Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the taunting he did in the AFC game probably had a lot to do with it. Every city has their psycho fans. I'm not sure how many prompt riot response other than Chicago and Boston though. :rocker:

I've not been to all the stadiums, but the Patriots fans have absolutely no room to point fingers. They (we) are some of the worst in the many games I have been to. I wonder if I have ever been to a game where I didn't see a fight breakout in the stands. They should have breath-a-lyzer tests at the gate. Stupid drunk idiots.

It's a much nicer environment than it used to be at Foxboro!

I'm a diehard Pats fan and I'll acknowledge Pats/Sox can have some terrible fans when drunk at their games. Branch being spat on is going over the line, but lets not play the our fans are holier than thou card.....

Another thing, the guy who said he hates Branch cracks me up? Wow he wanted to get paid, what a bad guy.....He was a class act and great player here....

It's a much nicer environment than it used to be at Foxboro!

My god man...you can say that again. It’s like night and day. I remember watching a CHICK (looked like a dude) getting her arss kicked by a guy for wearing a Fish jacket.

I’m not sure if he beat her up because of the coat... but im pretty sure it was the trigger of it all. It was right outside of a porta-toliet. BAM!! Punched her square in the face and dropped her like a bad habit. :bricks:

What an idiot. He was so far in the bag, that I don’t even think he realized it was a brood until after he cleaned her clock. He then got jumped by the two guys she must have been there with (Pats fans). All three of them ended up getting arrested (chick got a ride in the Ambulance).

Ahhh... Good times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have the (mis)fortune to currently live in Pittsburgh. I can tell you that the steelers fans that really know football are very good fans. The problem is those fans are in the very small minority. The rest of them are mostly ignorant about football and are usually drunk before the game.

AKA us pre 2001 :D

Regarding Foxboro - I remember many rowdy crowds at the old stadium, but it's way more controlled today. It has to be. People in the crowd know that they lose their season tickets if they get nailed. There is such a long waiting list, it doesn't take much and -bam- there goes your tickets. Fighting? Forget about it. You'll lose those tickets quicker than you can say "Tom Brady".

Wow he wanted to get paid, what a bad guy.....He was a class act and great player here....
Sorry...class act? Noooo...hardly anything but CLASSLESS the way he left...he wanted to get paid..so do ALL football players.. but Deion wanted his money NOW!! What makes him MORE special than the 99% of players who wait till they are free agents? Clearly NOT classy.. That soneone did that to him is just poor..but calling him classy is a tag that he does not even come close to.
A great player? Great is a bit much..certainly a player that I would have loved to have seen stay here, but he had other agendas.

Sorry...class act? Noooo...hardly anything but CLASSLESS the way he left...he wanted to get paid..so do ALL football players.. but Deion wanted his money NOW!! What makes him MORE special than the 99% of players who wait till they are free agents? Clearly NOT classy.. That soneone did that to him is just poor..but calling him classy is a tag that he does not even come close to.
A great player? Great is a bit much..certainly a player that I would have loved to have seen stay here, but he had other agendas.
So in that case the Patriots were classless for releasing Lawyer and not letting him play out his contract, or for franchising Samuel after his contract ran out.

No, teams and players both have tools they can use - in a team's case the tools are the franchise tag and the ability to release a player before the contract runs out, in the player's case holding out.

So in that case the Patriots were classless for releasing Lawyer and not letting him play out his contract, or for franchising Samuel after his contract ran out.

No, teams and players both have tools they can use - in a team's case the tools are the franchise tag and the ability to release a player before the contract runs out, in the player's case holding out.

Using reason and levelheadedness isn't allowed on this board. For all the hate on Branch, I never heard a single derogatory quote from him like we heard from Ty Law during his holdout. Branch didn't want to play in New England for the money offered, he chose to use his 6 weeks of holding out as allowed by the CBA and got himself traded. Nothing egregious happened, Pats have advantages in the CBA and players have theirs.

In the end, what happened? The Patriots finally realized they had to spend more money on wide recievers and look at them now.

I guess you have no understandings about NFL contracts..curtting players is quite teh norm in the NFL and all players know that this is all part of the CBA...and also the reason why there are signing bonuses up front. the Franchise tag as well is part of this. If players DO NOT like what is in the CBA then they should be complaining to the union to change that.
Holding out is only part of it with Branch. He also told the public if an extension was not agreed to that he would not hold out and in those months in the spring, his agent and he refuused to make any counter offers at all. That is in no way anything but classless.

I guess you have no understandings about NFL contracts..curtting players is quite teh norm in the NFL and all players know that this is all part of the CBA...and also the reason why there are signing bonuses up front. the Franchise tag as well is part of this. If players DO NOT like what is in the CBA then they should be complaining to the union to change that.
Holding out is only part of it with Branch. He also told the public if an extension was not agreed to that he would not hold out and in those months in the spring, his agent and he refuused to make any counter offers at all. That is in no way anything but classless.
I know how NFL contracts work, but in case you haven't been paying attention, holdouts are also a part of life in the NFL. According to you, a player under contract has no leverage and just has to continue playing, while a team can cut a player at any time, and even force them to play after their contract runs out under the franchise tag. That might be what you'd want as a fan of a team as opposed to an individual player, but that doesn't make it objectivly right or something contrary to it "classless". According to fans the team is always right, according to agents the player is always right. Neither of those sources are objective, however.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
..... simply because I'm not an idiot.

Don't sell yourself short.

Wow....that was necessary! Thanks for your ultra-intelligent input! And YOU'RE whining about Steelers fans??!! LOL
:rolleyes:

This type of thing happens at EVERY NFL stadium! Including your beloved Razor.
Agreed. This thread is as useless as a "cheating only happens in NE" thread.

I thought we all saw Forest Gump.

Agreed. This thread is as useless as a "cheating only happens in NE" thread.

I thought we all saw Forest Gump.

Thank You Frontseven! All I'm saying is that if the media decided to publish every story about things like this that happened at various NFL stadiums over the weekend, the newspapers would be awfully THICK on monday morning!

I know how NFL contracts work, but in case you haven't been paying attention, holdouts are also a part of life in the NFL. According to you, a player under contract has no leverage and just has to continue playing, while a team can cut a player at any time, and even force them to play after their contract runs out under the franchise tag. That might be what you'd want as a fan of a team as opposed to an individual player, but that doesn't make it objectivly right or something contrary to it "classless". According to fans the team is always right, according to agents the player is always right. Neither of those sources are objective, however.
I am GLAD you know how contracts work..from your words though that does NOT seem at all true. yes, holdouts ARE a part of life in teh NFL...according to you they show character and class...to me they show greediness and a very selfish attitude. According to the CBA, THAT is the case and the rules...and if players HAVe a problem with that, they should be talking to the union for changes in that. THAT you seem to miss the boat on totally. As to a player being FORCED to play under a Franchise tag, using teh word FORCE is almost laughable...Maybe you do not realize that being franchised means a VERY HIGH salary...I am sure there are BOATLOADS of players who would LOVE to be "forced" in that way. PLEASE!! It's OK if you wish to stickup for greedy players..that is fine. I don't also buy your analogy of where fans are in all of this. i think most fans are quite reasonable with what teams and players are doing. Why do you think MOST were not that unhappy with Seymours brief holdout, bit more upset with Branch's?? Maybe one was a BIT more reasonable than another one?

As a frequent attendee of football games in a home town where we don't sell out, I have to deal with visiting fans quite often. Nothing comes close to the disgusting display some of the Steeler fans in our section put on last week. Maybe it was because they were losing to the lowly Cardinals. I'm not sure. But it was palpable how much worse they were from pretty much any other visiting fans I can remember.

GLAD NOT ARE THAT THAT FORCE VERY HIGH BOATLOADS LOVE PLEASE!! MOST BIT
If I only take the words you put in all caps...

steelers fans are a in my mind the #2 most classless fans in the NFL..

#1 is ofcoarse philly.
booing irvin as he is carted off the field with career ending neck injury,
booing santa... i mean.. come on..
throwing a unopened beer can at the back of jimmy johnson's head. that like throwing a rock.
and im sure you all have heard of countless other classless philly fans stories.

When we had Branch on our team and went to play the steelers Branch would antagonize the fans after every touchdown. Where I don't condone the spitting on him, I can sure understand why they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes