PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's shoulder and the back up QB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how it is going down. I am the source.

Did you know that before antibiotics, 2/3 of all bites to a human by a human resulted in amputation?
Remember that LB that admitted to breaking Dave Meggett’s fingers at the bottom of a pile up a few years ago. Much goes on there we don’t know about.

Well there was both of those situations here. There was a 4th and inches situation and Brady does a sneak. One of those that makes you wince and hold your breath till he stand up and trots back to the huddle. He is on the bottom and somebody gets their slobbery jaws under his pads and give him a chop on the shoulder.

Tom thinks nothing of this and it goes undiagnosed for a few months then gets it checked out. For the past few years he has had a low grade fever and a steady dose of antibiotics, (Remember the IV the night before the Super Bowl) but he just can’t wipe out the infection.

Right now he can throw fine but anyday he could wake up with gangegreen and his arm will fall off.

It will be on display in the New England Sports Hall of Fame with Ted Williams’ head someday.

$10 bucks says I just ended this thread.

This is how it is going down. I am the source.

Did you know that before antibiotics, 2/3 of all bites to a human by a human resulted in amputation?
Lol, $10 says BS. I won't even begin to tell you what's wrong with that statement.

For the past few years he has had a low grade fever and a steady dose of antibiotics, (Remember the IV the night before the Super Bowl) but he just can’t wipe out the infection.
Nobody stays on antibiotics for years, his organs would have failed by now. Tom doesn't exactly look sickly, ya know?

Last edited:
So much for Brady's shoulder being any worse than it has been for the last few years...

The Patriots released their Friday injury report. On Fridays, the NFL will use the old designations of "out", "doubtful", "questionable" and "probable" in addition to listing the participation in practice.

The report:

Questionable
S Rashad Baker (hand)
TE David Thomas (foot)
DE Mike Wright (knee)

Probable
QB Tom Brady (right shoulder)

Limited participation in practice
QB Tom Brady
DE Mike Wright

Full participation in practice
S Rashad Baker
TE David Thomas

Someone posted this before me, but it needs to be said again. If a player misses any portion of practice, he must be listed on the report. The team knows Brady only has so many throws in his shoulder and acts accordingly.

This is a complete nonstory.

No kidding, how many years now has he been on the list for probable?

I think one of the reasons this story had legs is because of the new wed-thur catagories for the injury list (limited etc), it seems to have thrown people.

Also, for you fantasy geeks, Brady was listed as "questionable" on the CBS Sportsline as of yesterday, how they got "questionable" from an injury report that didn't even include that catagory is beyond me. Anyway, good to see him back where he always is (and will be, at least as long as BB is coaching him), that is "probable".

Last year, it was a regular thing that Brady was reported to have missed a portion of practice.

I only think it's fair that he gets a few extra hours every week to bang actresses and supermodels.

This whole shoulder injury thing is a big inside joke in Foxboro. You can bet your ass Belichick and Pioli laugh about it every week, and probably would laugh even harder if they saw threads like this.

COme onn...

All BB is doing is following the rules of the league and at the same time making the opponents (although i doubt he is anymore) a little curious.

Brady is a QB he uses his shoulder all the time, his shoulder is his life, just like any other QBs... So of course it is sore a little, so his reps are being counted... and so he didn't throw 50 passes in practise but 30 passes... so BB puts down that Brady missed some practise .... thats it!

What the hell is wrong with everyone? People are concerned about Brady, not because of his play but because he is listed as having a sore shoulder? They are concerned about him missing games when he has not missed a start since Mo Lewis whacked Bledsoe, and (I believe) only two active players in the NFL have a longer streak of consecutive starts?

I can understand this crap in May and June, the Dead Time, but there is a game in about 40 hours! A real game. And the best some people can do is say they are concerned that Brady will miss not only a game, but enough games to trash the season.

And the reason is that they trust BB not to play games with the injury report (in spite of the fact that he and Shannahan have doe it repeatedly) but they do not trust BB to pick an adequate backup QB, in spite of the fact that the last backup QB he relied on turned out pretty damn good.

Holy moly.

Marcus is a troll.

Typically they'll invest as little as possible into the thread - often the OP is enough and then they sit back and admire their cleverness...or what they suppose to be cleverness.

Guy did the same routine last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call