PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's 'progress' on return from injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys/Gals, we are going into a bye week.

What is your assessment of Tom so far this year? Do you think he'll return to form b4 the end of the year (or, shudder, ever)?

He has missed on a bunch of plays so far this year. Is jumping around much more than normal int he pocket this year.

No the sky ain't falling and understood it takes time. Just interested in hearing your take...seems to me we are missing Josh a bit more than some would like to admit.

?

Umm....did you watch last week's game? This crazy thing happened, he threw five touchdown passes in a quarter and broke an NFL record...and missed only five passes (in a snowstorm) in 34 attempts.

I'm going to be a bit harsh on this, but bear with me. Your "return to form" comment floored me.

I'm missing the part where life is bad today. They're 5-2 at this point, and in sole control of the AFC East with Miami about to go down today. I was frustrated with the turnovers and stupid plays in the first half, but you also have to realize this: Tampa's defense is probably the best one you're going to see from a terrible team (they're probably the best of the worst). That endzone play was dumb because he doesn't throw well when moving to his left and badly judged it anyway. On the deep pass the defender made a great play, because if you go back and look he closed so fast that even Brady probably didn't expect that. I also don't think he tries that throw if the game was closer, as when you're up by that much you're less worried about taking that risk.

Not to mention the fact that I'm sure none of the guys were 100% because traveling that far along with the time difference probably didn't help things. I think making that sort of a trip takes a toll on anyone's body - even pro athletes.

But as I said they played a team with a good defense but a terrible offense (they were 4-of-15 on third down which tired out their defense) - so the fact New England struggled a bit offensively isn't exactly a disaster - especially considering they won by such a convincing margin.

PLEASE take some time and really think before you post something like this. Wait until later on tonight when the stats are compiled from today and you see how he ranks compared to the rest of the league - you may be even more sorry you posted this. I don't mean to be tough on you, but posts like this will cause people to come down on you and you've been here a while now so you need to try and take more things into consideration before making these statements.

Ian

Last edited:
Tip Top has thrown 3 ints today and has 6 minutes left....

No offense but I think you failed to understand my post. Guess on this board I have to get in the habit of quoting the post I'm referring to even if it's the previous one in the list.

I was referencing how the previous poster called even just 'good' Tom Brady better than 30 of the league's other QBs. So I was referring to how 'good' Tom Brady plays vs. a 'tip top' Drew Brees in recognition of the fact he has played fairly poorly today by his standards.

Ian, honestly, you can't be serious in expecting people to crunch numbers. Numbers lie. Tom Brady is a much sharper quarterback than what he displayed earlier this season. He picked up his game vs. inferior competition and did look sharper but there are a lot of quarterbacks who'd look sharp against the way the Titans played last week.

The problem isn't that we think he's having a 'bad' season just not one where he displays his usual swagger/accuracy/demeanor on the field.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume you're joking. What more would you want him to do than he's done the last 2 weeks?

No offense but I think you failed to understand my post. Guess on this board I have to get in the habit of quoting the post I'm referring to even if it's the previous one in the list.

I was referencing how the previous poster called even just 'good' Tom Brady better than 30 of the league's other QBs. So I was referring to how 'good' Tom Brady plays vs. a 'tip top' Drew Brees in recognition of the fact he has played fairly poorly today by his standards.
Sorry, no, it's your fault as well. You failed to distinguish between "good" / "tip top" in terms of relativity to other players and "good" / "tip top" in terms of relativity to their own abilities.

Sorry, no, it's your fault as well. You failed to distinguish between "good" / "tip top" in terms of relativity to other players and "good" / "tip top" in terms of relativity to their own abilities.

Oh good grief.

It was in reference to a previous poster talking about a 'just good' Tom Brady vs the rest of the league. I was wondering how 'good' Tom Brady compares to a 'tip-top' Drew Brees.

Brady sucks!!!

And what is with everyone saying he's on pace for 32TD and 4,400 yards... after today, it's actually a lot worse...

409 (comp), 624 (Att), 4,644 (Yards), 65.6 (CMP%), 7.44 (YPA), 34 (TDs), 9 (INT), 100+ (QBR).

All bolded statistics represent either a career high or second best total in career. Not too shabby!

Umm....did you watch last week's game? This crazy thing happened, he threw five touchdown passes in a quarter and broke an NFL record...and missed only five passes (in a snowstorm) in 34 attempts.

I'm going to be a bit harsh on this, but bear with me. Your "return to form" comment floored me.

I'm missing the part where life is bad today. They're 5-2 at this point, and in sole control of the AFC East with Miami about to go down today. I was frustrated with the turnovers and stupid plays in the first half, but you also have to realize this: Tampa's defense is probably the best one you're going to see from a terrible team (they're probably the best of the worst). That endzone play was dumb because he doesn't throw well when moving to his left and badly judged it anyway. On the deep pass the defender made a great play, because if you go back and look he closed so fast that even Brady probably didn't expect that. I also don't think he tries that throw if the game was closer, as when you're up by that much you're less worried about taking that risk.

Not to mention the fact that I'm sure none of the guys were 100% because traveling that far along with the time difference probably didn't help things. I think making that sort of a trip takes a toll on anyone's body - even pro athletes.

But as I said they played a team with a good defense but a terrible offense (they were 4-of-15 on third down which tired out their defense) - so the fact New England struggled a bit offensively isn't exactly a disaster - especially considering they won by such a convincing margin.

PLEASE take some time and really think before you post something like this. Wait until later on tonight when the stats are compiled from today and you see how he ranks compared to the rest of the league - you may be even more sorry you posted this. I don't mean to be tough on you, but posts like this will cause people to come down on you and you've been here a while now so you need to try and take more things into consideration before making these statements.

Ian

agreed Ian...the only reason i didn't say something similar when i first saw the thread was that i didn't want to bump it...embarrassing...

I'm going to save any further abuse by closing this thread before it goes in the direction it already appears it's headed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results