PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's legal representation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Canin

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
For some reason Brady's agent, Yee, seems to be the one defending Brady legally, right? He is making public comments about the Deflategate investigation, and I heard he was apparently the only one "taking notes" during the interrogations of Brady.

Also, I have heard he made the argument to the press that Brady did not disclose his texts and emails to the investigators because he felt doing so would "set a precedent" for other players in other investigations.

By the way, if this was Yee's reasoning for not giving over Brady's texts, it doesn't make any sense to me. A lawyer is concerned about one thing: his client. It's completely inappropriate for a lawyer to advise his client to do or not to do something because the lawyer is afraid doing so will somehow set a precedent for other people.

(Speaking of bad P.R., why Brady's attorney didn't insist he attend the White House celebration is one of many legal moves I just absolutely do not understand in this debacle.)

Shouldn't Brady have a large team of top attorneys from a top firm, including his own scientific consultants? Shouldn't he at a minimum have insisted on recordings or certified transcripts of his interrogations? I'm deeply worried that Yee is acting surprised that Brady's comments were taken out of context: surely anyone knew going into this process that the investigators were likely to misrepresent or lie about what Brady said, right? Does Yee really think his own notes will help against that?

The Wells report is authored by Ted Wells, Brad Karp, and Lorin Reisner. All three of these are very experienced litigators working for Paul, Weiss. What's Brady putting up against these guys and against that firm?

Disclaimer: I know zip about sports law specifically.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Brady and Yee probably got sucked into the independent report BS, as well as the misinformation being spread about the league being the focus.

Yee is probably just advising and speaking for Brady, i'm sure the real sharks can't wait to feast on the NFL.

For some reason Brady's agent, Yee, seems to be the one defending Brady legally, right? He is making public comments about the Deflategate investigation, and I heard he was apparently the only one "taking notes" during the interrogations of Brady.

Also, I have heard he made the argument to the press that Brady did not disclose his texts and emails to the investigators because he felt doing so would "set a precedent" for other players in other investigations.

By the way, if this was Yee's reasoning for not giving over Brady's texts, it doesn't make any sense to me. A lawyer is concerned about one thing: his client. It's completely inappropriate for a lawyer to advise his client to do or not to do something because the lawyer is afraid doing so will somehow set a precedent for other people.

Yee asked the NFL to scale back the scope to the time frame in question. The NFL said no. The NFL wanted access going back to the beginning of the season and Brady said no.

(Speaking of bad P.R., why Brady's attorney didn't insist he attend the White House celebration is one of many legal moves I just absolutely do not understand in this debacle.)

I believe that he knew this was coming and felt uncomfortable being at the WH while knowing the following weeks we was going to be skewered.

Shouldn't Brady have a large team of top attorneys from a top firm, including his own scientific consultants? Shouldn't he at a minimum have insisted on recordings or certified transcripts of his interrogations? I'm deeply worried that Yee is acting surprised that Brady's comments were taken out of context: surely anyone knew going into this process that the investigators were likely to misrepresent or lie about what Brady said, right? Does Yee really think his own notes will help against that?

The Wells report is authored by Ted Wells, Brad Karp, and Lorin Reisner. All three of these are very experienced litigators working for Paul, Weiss. What's Brady putting up against these guys and against that firm?

Disclaimer: I know zip about sports law specifically.

There are optics here. If Brady hired Ropes & Gray and Alan Derschewitz it would make him look guilty.

Yee is doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back