PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Maroney, Seymour, and Faulk at Celtics game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady, Moss & Faulk at Celtics Game

Well, that's better than the:
"Boston, this is not the time to blow your wad" speech.
:D ten char

I don't know, you're the gambler not me. 6 to 2? 47 to 13?

It was one of the weirdest weekends of my life. We all remember the game. And don't forgetwho else I met that week:

NEM.

lol. yeah you were close. Actually it's 48 to 13.

So to sum it up you saw/met the following people for the first time on your Superbowl trip:
1.) Dan Koppen
2.) Lebron James
3.) Big Vince
4.) NEM

what a weekend. You should have taken a week's vacation after that just to recover.

Keegs and PJ-
Who is NEM?

Keegs and PJ-
Who is NEM?

nem- new england mike, a crazy pats fan residing in the phoenix area. you'll recognize him as a short balding white guy muttering offensive plays to himself.

i know, i know, i'm not keegs or pj.

He has been spotted in a Yankees hat, a Red Sox hat and a SF Giants hat. Is there any baseball team he doesn't root for?

They Royals? Oh wait, you meant major league didn't you?

Last edited:

lol. yeah you were close. Actually it's 48 to 13.

So to sum it up you saw/met the following people for the first time on your Superbowl trip:
1.) Dan Koppen
2.) Lebron James
3.) Big Vince
4.) NEM
Also Koppen's hot girlfriend. Did I mention she's hot? Well, she's pretty hot. But only if you like hot chicks. (Now I'm sounding like Easterdouche.)

what a weekend. You should have taken a week's vacation after that just to recover.

I pretty much did. It was freaking bizarre, no doubt. Throw in 17,000 miles of travelling and criss-crossing 15 time zones, and I was spent.

Last edited:
Re: Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Maroney, and Faulk at Celtics game

Patjew, WEEI's Glen Ordway tells a funny story about seeing Larry David (for those unfamiliar with the name he's the genius behind the show Seinfeld and whose quirky personality is the basis for the character George) standing off to the side in the men's room at the Super Bowl. So Glen gets up to the head of the line and offers Larry the spot in front of him. Larry says no thanks and indicates he's waiting for the handicap stall. Glen asks him if he's sure anyone is using the stall so Larry goes over and knocks on the door ....someone was using it...so Larry goes back to his spot against the wall and waits even longer. Glen said he was still standing there waiting for that stall when Glen left. All we could think of is the Seinfeld episode where George always has to take his shirt off before he can "do his business" so to speak. :D Strange guy!!

At least wearing Marshall garb would have put some Green/White on Randy!
I wish Tom would be more of a Boston sportsfan like Bird was...I thought it was awesome when Larry Legend would talk up the effect Bobby Orr had on his game.
Randy had a white home Celtics jersey under the WV top.

Brady, apparently is not allowed to wear any ball caps! Geez, the Pat fans think they own this guy. It is really weird in a way to get pissed at your QB for not wearing a Celtics hat to a Celtics game. Instead he wears are kinda neutral hat and people get offended by it. As mentioned, Tom and Lebron are not just friendly,they are in fact friends and have some business ventures together. This was Tom's way of just playing it down the middle. Now, if he was a smart kid, he would have just dumped the hat all together, but then again, it might be kinda of a disguise for him or he may feel a bit more secure in a cap out in public in Beantown. Whateva. Brady is better off just playin out is contract and going West or dare I say playing for the Jets in his true hometown of NYC ;) (Ok, that was an obvious joke!)

I hear ya!~ Who gives a #$#& which baseball team he likes. As long as he doesn't wear a Colts hat. Why in the world do people asume he should be a Red Sox fan????? Enough baseball talk. Go Pats!

nem- new england mike, a crazy pats fan residing in the phoenix area. you'll recognize him as a short balding white guy muttering offensive plays to himself.

i know, i know, i'm not keegs or pj.

I am fairly new to the board but can recall a time when many posts were directed at NEM. I was not sure if he was a troll or someone who did not get a long with other board members. I don't think I've seen him on the board for a while...but thanks for the clarification. He sounds like a schizophrenic...

I am fairly new to the board but can recall a time when many posts were directed at NEM. I was not sure if he was a troll or someone who did not get a long with other board members. I don't think I've seen him on the board for a while...but thanks for the clarification. He sounds like a schizophrenic...

You were serious! Sorry -- your question deserves a serious answer then, but different people have different views.

Some saw him as a super-dedicated Pats fan with a heart of gold and a sense of humour whose emotions sometimes got the better of him. Some saw him as a cantankerous attention-seeker who had to be at the centre of everything and who wasn't happy unless he was starting a flame war with someone. (Personally, I switched from one opinion to the other from day to day.)

Anyway, NEM exhausted Ian's legendary patience and got himself banned and that was that. But on dark nights you can still hear the ghostly rattle of his keyboard typing "Charlie Weis! Charlie Weis!"

You were serious! Sorry -- your question deserves a serious answer then, but different people have different views.

Some saw him as a super-dedicated Pats fan with a heart of gold and a sense of humour whose emotions sometimes got the better of him. Some saw him as a cantankerous attention-seeker who had to be at the centre of everything and who wasn't happy unless he was starting a flame war with someone. (Personally, I switched from one opinion to the other from day to day.)

Anyway, NEM exhausted Ian's legendary patience and got himself banned and that was that. But on dark nights you can still hear the ghostly rattle of his keyboard typing "Charlie Weis! Charlie Weis!"

That's hilarious. I wonder what Cameragate has done to him? Poor guy probably had to get checked into a locked down facility with padded walls.
Thanks for cluing me in...and yes, I was totally serious. When I saw people throw around 'NEM this or that' I did not know if it was a person, place, or state of mind!

Patjew, WEEI's Glen Ordway tells a funny story about seeing Larry David (for those unfamiliar with the name he's the genius behind the show Seinfeld and whose quirky personality is the basis for the character George) standing off to the side in the men's room at the Super Bowl. So Glen gets up to the head of the line and offers Larry the spot in front of him. Larry says no thanks and indicates he's waiting for the handicap stall. Glen asks him if he's sure anyone is using the stall so Larry goes over and knocks on the door ....someone was using it...so Larry goes back to his spot against the wall and waits even longer. Glen said he was still standing there waiting for that stall when Glen left. All we could think of is the Seinfeld episode where George always has to take his shirt off before he can "do his business" so to speak. :D Strange guy!!

There's a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode about Larry having a fight with someone in a wheelchair over using the handicap stall! Weird.

It was good to see them all courtside atleast they go out and cheer on the other Boston Sport teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe