PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Maroney, Seymour, and Faulk at Celtics game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady, Moss, Wilfork, Maroney, and Faulk at Celtics game

Man, that C's/Cavs game 7 should have really got those guys competitive
juices flowing! Awesome game! Big time players stepping up big time.

Re: Brady, Moss & Faulk at Celtics Game

Don't forget that I was talking to Koppen and his girlfriend in the boarding pass and security lines, too.

I don't know, maybe subconciously I'm some kind of stalker.

Thank god the C's won.
that really is kinda ridiculous.

What are the chances of going to the Superbowl, and on that trip you see Dan Koppen in the boarding pass/security lines, Lebron James in the bathroom, and Big Vince Wilfork in the back of your plane home?

the odds of running into that many famous athletes on one trip is crazy... (more likely on a SB trip, but still crazy).

Did the plane fly straight?

What are the chances of going to the Superbowl, and on that trip you see Dan Koppen in the boarding pass/security lines, Lebron James in the bathroom, and Big Vince Wilfork in the back of your plane home?

the odds of running into that many famous athletes on one trip is crazy... (more likely on a SB trip, but still crazy).

PatJew has got to be a high roller. Sitting in the same section as Lebron and of course in the 'medallion class' line with Koppen and flying business class with Vince. Or....maybe PJ is a celebrity himself! Lebron went back to his seat at the SB and said to his entourage, "Yo man, I just saw Pat Jew in the bathroom!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Brady is not a Boston guy and he doesn't pretend to be.

Fine with me as long as he wears the Patriots logo on game day.

I wish Tom would be more of a Boston sportsfan like Bird was...I thought it was awesome when Larry Legend would talk up the effect Bobby Orr had on his game.
I think it's a little weird that he can't wear a Celtics cap to the game. I'm just a Patriots' fan but I was rooting for the Celtics for you guys; those fans are the same ones rooting for Brady, he should be on their side.

Anyway, whatever, I love Tommy and I'm happy for you guys that the Celtics won.

Bill Russell was never much of a Boston guy either, but when it came to playing the game, he was as good as any other at his position.

The same for Brady, but I agree, he probably should have had some Celtic gear on, but wearing a San Fran baseball hat????? What's up with that? I know he grew up in that area, but it's Boston money and fans that make him what he is.

Get with it, Tom.

Another bad omen is that I saw Lebron (in the men's room) at the Super Bowl.

FWIW - we saw Larry David in the mens room at the SB.

He has been spotted in a Yankees hat, a Red Sox hat and a SF Giants hat. Is there any baseball team he doesn't root for?

He's from the San Fran Area, Lives in New York and Kicks Ass in New England.

He can wear any freakin' hat he wants to. ;)

Brady is not a Boston guy and he doesn't pretend to be.

Fine with me as long as he wears the Patriots logo on game day.

I disagree. I think he's a "Boston Guy", he just had Friends and Loyalties to some teams.

I don't think you can grow up a SF fan and all of a sudden shut it off just because you have been lucky enough to play professional sports - And that applies to any player and any city.

No one get's mad or questions these guys because they don't support BC or Harvard or whatever the Hell College that's in the New England area.

If BC plays Ohio State, anyone gonna be mad at Vrabel for rooting against BC? Na.

Anyone hate Bird for his Indiana Connections? Na.

Bill Russell was never much of a Boston guy either, but when it came to playing the game, he was as good as any other at his position.

The same for Brady, but I agree, he probably should have had some Celtic gear on, but wearing a San Fran baseball hat????? What's up with that? I know he grew up in that area, but it's Boston money and fans that make him what he is.

Get with it, Tom.
Bill Russell was under complete different circumstances. He was never embraced by the city. He played in an era when blacks were fighting institutionalized and/or otherwise overt racism on a daily basis. Russell and his black teammates were barred from restaurants and spat upon, just because of the color of their skin. Russell retired as the greatest basketball player of all time, and the first African American head coach of any major sport, yet he was still not adored the way Bird was, or Brady. For many years he would not even return to the city. I am glad he finally agreed to, and am also very glad to see that Boston has finally, after so many years, given him some of the love he so well deserved but was so long denied.

Last edited:

Get with it, Tom.
If he's friends with LeBron, it may have been a way for him not to root for or against the Celts or his friend - a bit of a neutral way to go see the game without overtly coming out for either side.

Last edited:

Brady, apparently is not allowed to wear any ball caps! Geez, the Pat fans think they own this guy. It is really weird in a way to get pissed at your QB for not wearing a Celtics hat to a Celtics game. Instead he wears are kinda neutral hat and people get offended by it. As mentioned, Tom and Lebron are not just friendly,they are in fact friends and have some business ventures together. This was Tom's way of just playing it down the middle. Now, if he was a smart kid, he would have just dumped the hat all together, but then again, it might be kinda of a disguise for him or he may feel a bit more secure in a cap out in public in Beantown. Whateva. Brady is better off just playin out is contract and going West or dare I say playing for the Jets in his true hometown of NYC ;) (Ok, that was an obvious joke!)

Last edited:

I disagree. I think he's a "Boston Guy", he just had Friends and Loyalties to some teams.

I don't think you can grow up a SF fan and all of a sudden shut it off just because you have been lucky enough to play professional sports - And that applies to any player and any city.

No one get's mad or questions these guys because they don't support BC or Harvard or whatever the Hell College that's in the New England area.

If BC plays Ohio State, anyone gonna be mad at Vrabel for rooting against BC? Na.

Anyone hate Bird for his Indiana Connections? Na.

I don't think supporting colleges is the same. Brady would cheer for UMich over any Bay Area college (Stanford, etc). And when UMich and BC/Harvard play in a Frozen Four game, he should probably support his school.

Pro teams are different...and while wearing an SF cap is ok, wearing a Yankees cap around town is stupid on his part.

As for Bird, the only connections he had to Indiana were ISU and his "Hick from Frenchlick" status. He hated IU...and I don't think there were any pro teams in Indiana when he was growing up. Even if there were, he was too poor to ever go to a game and probably didn't even have a TV. Also, 2008 is much different than the 70's where these guys all had privacy. If Tom thinks he can walk around town and not have his clothing or his companions discussed on a messageboard or seen on TMZ, I would be shocked at his lack of insight.

In the end, I could care less as long as he is Tom Terrific on the field.

PatJew has got to be a high roller. Sitting in the same section as Lebron and of course in the 'medallion class' line with Koppen and flying business class with Vince. Or....maybe PJ is a celebrity himself! Lebron went back to his seat at the SB and said to his entourage, "Yo man, I just saw Pat Jew in the bathroom!"

I'm convinced that Patjew is the illegitimate lovechild of Mao Tse Tung and Golda Meier.

FWIW - we saw Larry David in the mens room at the SB.

Not as glamorous, but my girlfriend met him at an ice cream shop in Amherst, MA. She said, "Are you Larry David? You look a lot like him."

He said he didn't know who that was and that he'd never gotten that before. She could tell he was kidding.

I'm sure its been mentioned but Maroney was there as well. At the game he had a "Boston get fired up" speech on the jumbo-tron.

I'm sure its been mentioned but Maroney was there as well. At the game he had a "Boston get fired up" speech on the jumbo-tron.

Well, that's better than the:
"Boston, this is not the time to blow your wad" speech.

LOL!

I'm not a high roller. I do try to fly business class, but at the SB I was sitting in the same section as Keegs, way the hell up high endzone. That's why I was so shocked to see Lebron. You'd think he could have gotten better seats than a scrub like me.

I'm convinced that Patjew is the illegitimate lovechild of Mao Tse Tung and Golda Meier.

I'm not THAT ugly! :rocker:

I don't know, you're the gambler not me. 6 to 2? 47 to 13?

It was one of the weirdest weekends of my life. We all remember the game. And don't forgetwho else I met that week:

NEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye