PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Mic'd up vs. Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something is wrong with the video on nfl.com. I tried 3 different browsers and they all were messing up

Me too. :(

I think you bring up an interesting point. Everyone....could be Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, BB, etc have periods in their careers and lives where they are either burnt out from the grind or are going through some kind of down cycle where the energy required to do the job at a high-level just might be more than they can muster. Even the great ones get complacent as well or even board. Something kick-starts them. New project, fear of failure, etc.

I have no proof but I do think that Brady heard what the media was saying after the KC game about being washed up (maybe BB probed his psyche as well...) and for whatever reason raised his energy level and is playing some of the best ball of his career.

There were several long moments during the 4th quarter of that KC game when the MNF cameras were just focusing on Brady sitting there on the bench like a condemned man. It was almost operatic/Greek Tragedy.

If the Pats, in fact, do win the SB this year (yeah, I know "one game at a time....") the season video will be a dramatic classic.

OK, now it is working IN PARTS.

Let me say here, there is NOTHING better than Mic'd Up. NOTHING.

The one yard TD to Gronk: While Brady is barking the signals, you see him look to his left (presumably at Gronk) and nod his head firmly. Gronk was obviously signalling to him that the Broncos (seriously, WTF Jack Del Rio???) had put Von Miller wide on him. After the all-too-easy TD, Brady runs over to Gronk in the EZ and laughs to him "What were they THINKING there????"

Legion of Boom I can sort of see but it's diminished when they start claiming their quarterback "isn't black enough." As for the others, with the possible exception of Romo, I just don't see it.

Did you see how emotional and pissed off Gronk was about the media narrative of Brady's demise?

It's honestly pretty standard for people to come to this team and immediately say it's like nowhere else they've ever been.

I think calling the Patriot situation unique is a pretty fair statement and Brady's relationships with his closest teammates are amplified beyond others by virtue of his child-like Brett Favre'ish mentality towards the game.

It is common for players to come in and cite the Patriots for the professionalism they display as an organization but I have never seen any player claim they are closer as individuals than other teams. Ausbacker is right, close relationships exist on all football teams, right on down to the lowest levels of the game.

Long video here
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots

Some takeways
1. I'd be jealous if I was Gisele watching that Brady-Edelman bromance blossom after that punt return

2. Josh paraphrasing "you're moving well and not making any bad plays. You know what I mean?" What else do you mean josh? Lol.

3. Best punt returner in the nfl.

4. Great throw. Great throw (by Peyton) they do respect each other a lot.
Only way I could get this to work was full screen with Chrome. It didn't work till about the 2:15 mark.

Long video here
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-england-patriots

Some takeways
1. I'd be jealous if I was Gisele watching that Brady-Edelman bromance blossom after that punt return

2. Josh paraphrasing "you're moving well and not making any bad plays. You know what I mean?" What else do you mean josh? Lol.

3. Best punt returner in the nfl.

4. Great throw. Great throw (by Peyton) they do respect each other a lot.

Here's the direct link to the video:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-engla...e-the-NFL-Brady-fires-the-Patriots-to-victory

My questions/comments:

At 2:36, after Brady tells Edelman, "Go see my guy," and they have that precious moments fist bump, Edelman says something I can't make out. It sounds like -something- "bro." "____(?)___, bro." Was it "My dog, bro"?

Then after that, when Brady says "I wanted you to cross __(?)___ before I made it onto the field." It sounded like he tried to say "endzone" but ended up saying "end" because his lips were frozen.

At 3:00, it's hard to hear what he says to Vereen. Sounded like "I was waiting to find you". Is that right? Sounded like his lips were frozen again.

At 4:18 I have no idea what he said to Gronk. He sounded slurred like a drunk lol. His lips must've been frozen. How cold was it again?

At the end, it's disappointing how the producers showed restraint in including the "Brady! Brady! Brady!" chant when they know damn well they could have included the "Brady's better!" chant which was way more noticeable.

Only way I could get this to work was full screen with Chrome. It didn't work till about the 2:15 mark.

Same here.

I wish they could get their act together.

Either that, or my arch nemesis, the Evil Stacey James has edited out several parts. :D

Here's the direct link to the video:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-engla...e-the-NFL-Brady-fires-the-Patriots-to-victory

My questions/comments:

At 2:36, after Brady tells Edelman, "Go see my guy," and they have that precious moments fist bump, Edelman says something I can't make out. It sounds like -something- "bro." "____(?)___, bro." Was it "My dog, bro"?

Then after that, when Brady says "I wanted you to cross __(?)___ before I made it onto the field." It sounded like he tried to say "endzone" but ended up saying "end" because his lips were frozen.

At 3:00, it's hard to hear what he says to Vereen. Sounded like "I was waiting to find you". Is that right? Sounded like his lips were frozen again.

At 4:18 I have no idea what he said to Gronk. He sounded slurred like a drunk lol. His lips must've been frozen. How cold was it again?

At the end, it's disappointing how the producers showed restraint in including the "Brady! Brady! Brady!" chant when they know damn well they could have included the "Brady's better!" chant was way more noticeable.

1) I can't make it out either

2) Yes, he said "endz" - - it would have been a penalty otherwise if he had gone onto the field while a play was in progress.

3) Yup, you are correct.

4) You mean right before the "How the F did you make that catch?"? Yeah, I couldn't make that out either. Sounds like he was calling him a nickname or something.

I'm dying to see the part between 0:25-2:18 that cannot play on any of my computers.

Great stuff, would have liked to have heard the first 2:15....

I don't know if I was Giselle, I would be watching out for this Julian character. I think the bromance between Brady and Edelman may be little too strong for her liking.

4) You mean right before the "How the F did you make that catch?"? Yeah, I couldn't make that out either. Sounds like he was calling him a nickname or something.

It did sound like Edelman said "My dog, bro"

I think 4 is what you said earlier when Brady went to Gronk After his TD and said "What were they thinking there? That was awesome"

I don't know if I was Giselle, I would be watching out for this Julian character. I think the bromance between Brady and Edelman may be little too strong for her liking.

LOL!

It gets even better:

Did anyone else notice the song going on the PA in the background during that whole thing?

"I Don't Want To Lose Your Love Tonight" by The Outfield. :D :D :D

Last edited:
1) I can't make it out either

2) Yes, he said "endz" - - it would have been a penalty otherwise if he had gone onto the field while a play was in progress.

3) Yup, you are correct.

I'm dying to see the part between 0:25-2:18 that cannot play on any of my computers.

On number 4, I was talking about after the Gronk TD. Brady runs into the end zone and says "Hey!" then he something that I can't understand at all lol. Sounded slurred like Rocky Balboa.

Anyway, as far as people having trouble viewing, maybe try what I do and see if that works. I have an antiquated computer so I can't really watch videos from nfl.com directly on my browser anyway (not without lag and choppiness), so I use Firefox with the FlashGot add-on to download the video onto my hard drive. Then I watch it offline on a video player instead of through my browser. Hope this helps.

LOL!

Did anyone else notice the song going on the PA in the background during that whole thing?

"I Don't Want To Lose Your Love Tonight" by The Outfield. :D :D :D

LOL!

"Did you go all the way into end zone?"

"Yeah, I had to go to see my guy."

Would Brady run all the way to the end zone for Giselle if she just scored an 84 yard punt return for a TD? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
On number 4, I was talking about after the Gronk TD. Brady runs into the end zone and says "Hey!" then he something that I can't understand at all lol. Sounded slurred like Rocky Balboa.

Ah. See Post #23.

Ah. See Post #23.

Holy crap, how did you make that out?! That does sound like what he said. "What were they thinking there. That was awesome!"

His lips were frozen shut!

Same here.

I wish they could get their act together.

Either that, or my arch nemesis, the Evil Stacey James has edited out several parts. :D

Clearly the reason here is to get you to buy iPads. ;)

Someone says it was the best punt return in league history. Is it?

Someone says it was the best punt return in league history. Is it?
That' pretty subjective. It certainly isn't the longest. I'm pretty sure it's not even Edelmen's longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3