PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has hired Jeffrey Kessler as per Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflexblue said:
I don't know if this has been posted already but i heard zolack a couple of minutes ago on NFL radio. he said Brady is absolutely livid and is looking at a defamation law suit. He also said hes never seen Kraft so angry, and between the both of them the summer is going to be filled with lawsuits and counter lawsuits.

OH one other thing, the opener will be treated like a regular season game. No stages, no concert, no pregame interviews, no banner, no Nothing

I hope this is true.
Yeah, that's definitely what Zo said. In fact he said he knows this (the bolded part) for certain. No Brady = Nothing but a bare bones football game. Like you, I hope he's right.

Reactions: #12
Ha, that would be incredible. His career would be over, he'd be disbarred and probably sued a million times over (this would reverberate across all the NFL investigations he's run).

0.0% chance this would happen, but it's a fun thought.
I just want them to ask (no demand) his cell phone so the can see how many times he spook to roger and Kensil......

Brady now has one of the very best labor lawyers in the country fighting his case, and his specialty is sports labor law. He is going to run that report through the woodchipper
I imagine any settlement will have to include the resignation of Goodell and the rest of his vermin

Not, IF Kraft will go to war, but WHEN?

I really hope he does. This has been too long a time coming with Kraft previously being too conciliatory.

Can't stop now, see this one through to the end Bob.

Preponderance of evidence is the standard in civil cases... but you have to actually have a preponderance of evidence. One side loudly exclaiming that something probably happened does not = an actual preponderance of evidence.
Not, IF Kraft will go to war, but WHEN?

I'd like to know! If this is war, well, I'd love to jump into the fray. Are there any Pats fans who won't?

Here's your moment, the calm before the storm. Be assertive!

The owners who were happy with the punishment that got handed down to Brady & Kraft yesterday are going to be begging for mercy. Their fearless leader Rodger Goodell is in for a world of hurt. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Where yesterday the other 31 owners were allegedly cheering Roger for bringing down those arrogant Patriots...today they have to be thinking that he opened Pandora's Box and exposed all of them to potentially a very large case of whoop ass...

Mike_Dyer13
Schefter on Sportscenter just said he got a text from a source today: "Brady's (legal) team is unreal. My prediction..he won't miss a game"
5/12/15, 6:11 PM

I have no doubts Brady won't miss a game.

But what about the huge fine and draft pick losses? Doesn't sound like Kraft can do anything about those.

We live in a world where snitching isn't frowned upon but encouraged.

The Ravens we're too scared to do it but the colts, after 4 consecutive loses of what, 30 plus points just let go and went full on ahead and likely regret it. Weknow what happened with the jets situation.

The pats now KNOW that it's not a matter of IF but WHEN another team will come at them.

So it benefits the pats in ZERO way yo take the high road, I fully expect going forward that while belechick is here that every and I mean EVERY rule bending he sees he will report.

Taking our punishment for spygate did nothing for us but allowed for it to serve as a key piece of evidence in this baseless accusations.

Yes I'm biased, yes I see some rule bending buy NO I don't see ANY cheating.

Let's get this done

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
Per Breer: the NFLPA has hired Kessler, not Brady. However, Brady can still bring his own outside counsel if he wants to.
Hmm..NFLPA is helping this time around.

This is awesome. The more I see this play out, the more I come to believe the NFL front office didnt think this all the way through (surprise!). This is not the type of glaring spotlight they wanted on themselves.

Not to mention, they've decided to alienate and attack the smartest franchise in the league. Wow, goodell and his jet minions really are dumber than I thought.

So it looks like Tom is going to destroy the Commish in the end. :)

Now will Kraft be successful in leading the charge to get our 1st round pick back?

The bad thing about all this is that this is going to last a very very long time before the final outcome is reached. I can't take 3 more months of this. I may just tune out.

Now will Kraft be successful in leading the charge to get our 1st round pick back?

To be totally honest I care more about exoneration/exposing the league's agenda/corruption/ineptitude. Basically, I want the league to suffer. If that happens and the PAts don't get any picks back, I'll still be happy.

Last edited:

we won't get the first round pick back unless it's overturned on appeal. I believe there is no other recourse after that for the team (unlike brady who could take the matter to court). And the commissioner does NOT have to even appoint an appeals officer - it's his discretion.

A good tactic would be for Brady & the team to coordinate any and all lawsuits so they all get filed on the same day at the same time, have the league office reeling and make them spread their resources on multiple suits to defend at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
An attorney like Kessler will take that elementary school level "Wells Report" and stuff it down Goodell's throat like the scene in "Misery."

By the way, Wells looks like a used car salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back