PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady calls linemen "fat cows" at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing it out there: if Manning said the exact same thing to his line, we'd be ripping him all over the place for throwing them under the bus.

That said, Brady's the man. Go get 'em!

Eh, I originally thought this at first but I changed my mind about it quickly. If Manning said it, there would be a good amount of people ripping him up on here. But it wouldn't be warranted. Saying that in practice is different than saying it to the media.

That is just a tremendous article. Love the Tom.

Was he holding that goat when he said that?:eek:

Eh, I originally thought this at first but I changed my mind about it quickly. If Manning said it, there would be a good amount of people ripping him up on here. But it wouldn't be warranted. Saying that in practice is different than saying it to the media.

Had thought the same thing. Alot is said between players in the huddle, on the sidelines, and in the lockerroom away from the eyes and ears of the media/public. Completely different than throwing teammates under the bus with microphones and cameras in your face.

Last edited:
Hey maybe it becomes a popular sobriquet like the "Hogs" in D.C. I can just see fan getting dressed up as cows; would not take much for many of them. However Vollmer seems more like a big moose than a cow.

BTW Gresh called Dan Connelly something like a rat turd on the pre-game show about an hour ago.

No..You have it all wrong

It's a new audible the Pats are instituting...Fat Cows, red 26

Our Tommy's ON FIRE this year! You can sense his intensity and it's pretty obvious he's not going to settle for anything less than 100% effort from everybody. He won't be putting up with any bs this season, the man is obviously on a mission. I have a really good feeling about this team this year, I always feel positive but that "feeling" wasn't there. I got it this year:D

Fat cows-LOL

Last edited:

Oh, I definitely agree that it's not a problem that Brady said it. I'm totally fine with it. I was just pointing out that people would feel a lot differently about this quote if Manning had said it. That's on us, though, not on Brady or Manning.

Our Tommy's ON FIRE this year! You can sense his intensity and it's pretty obvious he's not going to settle for anything less than 100% effort from everybody. He won't be putting up with any bs this season, the man is obviously on a mission. I have a really good feeling about this team this year, I always feel positive but that "feeling" wasn't there. I got it this year:D

Fat cows-LOL

It would seem that way. However I don't seem to remember that he won a parking spot for his outstanding dedication to off-season workouts nor does it appear that he will only do commercials if his hawgs are involved. He is not "one of the guys" anymore and calling them fat cows is not going to help although it is hard to say if this was in jest or not.

That being said Brady seems more involved and intense this year. It may be that he is excited by his new weapons and sees a lot of potential.

Last edited:
Good article by Silver.

I guess that's not a contradiction in terms.

No..You have it all wrong

It's a new audible the Pats are instituting...Fat Cows, red 26
Probably one of the funniest post I've seen in a while. :D

Good article by Silver.

I guess that's not a contradiction in terms.

When he starts talking about one thing then turns it into yet another article on Brady and his contract I have a hard time calling it a good article.

Last edited:
When he starts talking about one thing then turns it into yet another article on Brady and his contract I have a hard time calling it a good article.

Especially when one of his sources says "A contract might come together before the season....or it might not." I burst out laughing when I read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News