PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady #5 on a list of 40 most hated NFL players of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think she was your type based upon a previous post in another thread. Ms. Robbie seems a little smallish for your tastes.;)

Yeah but she can fart like a wildebeest, though. That's what is important.

I hate click links like that, but I quickly clicked through. I counted 9 that wore a Pats uniform at one time or another...

Then why don't people hate Aaron Rogers or Peyton Manning

Great question and I think it does tie into the idea that it's just more than anger and jealousy of Brady's accomplishments, wealth, Giselle, etc, etc.

It's that Goodell and the owners he's colluded with, have sold a set of lies ot the NFL fan, thinking the Pats and Brady cheat to earn that success.

So, that's why.

This is why Brady needs to bury Sheriff Goebbels.

I just went threw the slideshow and laughed my ass off. It's amazing how many of the 40 have the Patriots mentioned in their written pieces. 11 of 40 have the Pats mentioned and 8 of the 40 played for NE. That's 1 of every 5. Hilarious!

It's sort of funny, but also sad in terms of where our country is. Ray Lewis, who helped kill 2 people, is 6th and Brady is 1 notch ahead at 5.

I am embarrassed to be an American more often than not these days.

They don't win as often as Brady does, nor do they have as many embarrassing wins over opponents.

Partially true, but also there is an element of NFL fans actually believing Goodell and that his success is tied to playcalls into headsets right before the play and needing a softer football to be a great HOF QB.

Imagine being brady, working your balls off all these years, being counted out left and right, etc, only to become the best QB in NFL history, while some in the league and its commissioner tell its customer base that he is in fact a liar and cheater?

This is why Brady won't be losing this Deflategate thing. Criminals like Goodell and those involved can't do stuff like this on principle alone.

With one or two exceptions (that means you, Jack Tatum), these players all have one or both of the following in common:

1) they are/were very successful
2) they have/had big egos, often because they were so successful.

It is not just his success - it is Brady's attitude that riles other fans. He does not go into each year hoping to have a good season or make the playoffs. He expects to win the Super Bowl each and every year. Even if the talent is not quite up to snuff or there are injuries - he expects to find away through all of that. If he won it 8 out of 10 years - he would be mad about the 2 he did not. His drive to win is limitless. And if you are not a Patriot fan, that more than likely will piss you off.

Great question and I think it does tie into the idea that it's just more than anger and jealousy of Brady's accomplishments, wealth, Giselle, etc, etc.

It's that Goodell and the owners he's colluded with, have sold a set of lies ot the NFL fan, thinking the Pats and Brady cheat to earn that success.

So, that's why.

This is why Brady needs to bury Sheriff Goebbels.

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Partially true, but also there is an element of NFL fans actually believing Goodell and that his success is tied to playcalls into headsets right before the play and needing a softer football to be a great HOF QB.

Imagine being brady, working your balls off all these years, being counted out left and right, etc, only to become the best QB in NFL history, while some in the league and its commissioner tell its customer base that he is in fact a liar and cheater?

This is why Brady won't be losing this Deflategate thing. Criminals like Goodell and those involved can't do stuff like this on principle alone.

A Rats fan is gonna do what a Rats fan is gonna do.

Like most of these lists it's way too focused on current players to be close to accurate. Jack Tatum was the only Raider? Not even Lyle Alzedo?

To name a few that would have made lists at some point in time: Hollywood Henderson, Jack Lambert, Chuck Bednarik, Alex Karras, John Matuszak...........none of these could beat out Gronk and Eli at the bottom of the list? I'm pretty sure Peyton is more hated than Gronk or his brother.

If the list had anything at all to do with hating a person for their actions/character:

1 Rae Carruth
2 OJ Simpson
3 Aaron Hernandez
4 Javon Belcher
5 Ray Lewis

No mention of Pollard yet?

All lists started here should start with Tatum and include Pollard.

This was a list for players but I'll throw Shula's name in the hat too.

And Goodell should just die already.

That's my 5.

Like most of these lists it's way too focused on current players to be close to accurate. Jack Tatum was the only Raider? Not even Lyle Alzedo?

To name a few that would have made lists at some point in time: Hollywood Henderson, Jack Lambert, Chuck Bednarik, Alex Karras, John Matuszak...........none of these could beat out Gronk and Eli at the bottom of the list? I'm pretty sure Peyton is more hated than Gronk or his brother.

It's funny, when I read the list of the older players you list from the 50s, 60s, 70s, I didn't hate them at all.

I wanted MY TEAM to have MORE players like that.

I think that is the difference between the younger generation (Millennials) of today and older fans. When I was a kid, I used to sit there in awe of the 49ers and dream about the Pats one day being like that, pretty much knowing it's a pipe dream.

Well, it's happened, and the Pats have surpassed the accomplishments of the 49ers.

It's just amazing that it's happened, but I never resented other teams great players who were tough, mean and hardworking.

This "article" is not a poll, it is one guys list.

It's sort of funny, but also sad in terms of where our country is. Ray Lewis, who helped kill 2 people, is 6th and Brady is 1 notch ahead at 5.

I am embarrassed to be an American more often than not these days.
Frankly, I'm more embarrassed for myself that I opened and read the f###### link...

I actually think a ton of the anti-Brady sentiment is directly related to the perception that he complains to the refs for flags every time he gets hit. We all know this is nonsense but that is the perception and I know plenty of fans who hate him for that reason alone.

This is why Rodney Harrison's "slacks and skirt" comment a few years back was so unfortunate as it fed right into that perception and maybe even helped create it. He didn't need to say it but for whatever reason he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back