PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 2017 MVP Race Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That INT certainly did not hurt Brady's chances!
Brady, outside of touchdown passes, which he is only 2 behind, is ahead of Wentz in every personal statistical category.

Wentz has a top 10 D. Brady's D is still ranked towards the bottom. Wentz plays in a semi-crap division. One could argue that the AFCE is one of the better more competitive divisions in the NFL this year.

Don't want TB to win it but saying that the INT today really hurt his chances is BS!

Wentz is going to win it (barring an injury or something else). The voters love a new guy so there's no way Brady wins it. Brady, unfortunately, is old news. No way he wins the MVP...but he'll have a chance to win the Super Bowl MVP which is much better.

Brady was getting hit hard today. And then to see him move around the pocket like that--he was houdini. Today showed how incredible Brady really is, even if he made a bad mistake with the INT. Getting hit hard, standing in there, moving around the pocket like a magician.

I'm not saying that Wentz is more deserving because it's unexpected. But I am saying that it has a significant influence on how people vote.

I agree and I thinks it's ridiculous that they use it as a criteria. I don't really care though, the Super Bowl MVP is what everyone wants.

I'm not worried about it. MVP is a regular season stats award. Brady and Wentz's stats are pretty close right now. Whoever has better stats over the last 5 weeks will win.

If you want to know who the nfl is pulling for just read this

I have the nfln on my smaller TV (run 2 tv setup for Sundays) and Gameday Highlights was talking about Wentz and put up this stat up QBs with 25+ TD and 5-or fewer INT in the first 11 games

Well they showed Wentz who is 28 TD -5 INT. Yet somehow left out Brady who after today's game is 26 TD- 3 INT

LOL

Which by the way it was the 3rd time Brady has done this feat, only guy to do it 3 times. Oh and he also did it last year but apparently they didn't count that. So Brady' done it 4 times,

Wentz is way behind in yards, has more INTs, lower completion percentage, lower rating and more interceptions. He's got Brady by 2TDs and has the same record.

I don't even think it's that close. Unless Brady has a worse record it should be easily his. Same record and Brady better in nearly every stat, some by a lot right now.

Wentz is way behind in yards, has more INTs, lower completion percentage, lower rating and more interceptions. He's got Brady by 2TDs and has the same record.

I don't even think it's that close. Unless Brady has a worse record it should be easily his. Same record and Brady better in nearly every stat, some by a lot right now.
Eagles are 10-1, NE 9-2

Perhaps we should wait until the final 32% of the season is played before we start using statistics through the first 68% of the season to make a definitive MVP case...?

I don't want Brady winning MVP considering how the MVP seems to never win the Super Bowl that year...

really just them two? has Alex Smith and their RB Hunt fallen off that much that quickly?

no one in convo on D side of ball?
have no other QBs, WRs, or RBs made a big impact this year?
Alex Smith? The guy who's guided KC to 5 losses in 6 games? I'll hope that's sarcasm.

So if both New England and Philadelphia finishes with the same record who do have winning MVP?

Brady won't win. They will find something else to hate about him. He has beat too many of the voters teams for them to vote for him.

I wonder how many more TD passes Brady gets this year. He'd need 18 to hit 500. Probably not gonna happen with 5 games left. My guess is he gets about 14 more, and finishes with 494 career TD passes.

That puts him within about 45 TDs of Pink Head, giving him an outside chance to break that record next year.

Like I said the voters will not look at this analytically. Any other year they might but not this time. Unless Brady meets The Cliff (tm) in the next 5 games or something else happens that will stop him... he will get MVP, for reasons already stated, and deservedly so. The vote won’t be as close as people think.

Like I said the voters will not look at this analytically. Any other year they might but not this time. Unless Brady meets The Cliff (tm) in the next 5 games or something else happens that will stop him... he will get MVP, for reasons already stated, and deservedly so. The vote won’t be as close as people think.

Yeah, I think it's more likely that Brady wins it if he and Wentz finish closely matched. I think the "big year at age 40" thing will play with voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes