PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Herald: Patriots Hope Aaron Dobson Injury Woes Alleviate With Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Boston Herald: The stress fracture in Aaron Dobson's left foot has still not heal

look for them to draft a WR if the foot doesn't get better

Re: Boston Herald: The stress fracture in Aaron Dobson's left foot has still not heal

look for them to draft a WR if the foot doesn't get better

Well, Edelman's foot didn't get better, so look for Dobson to catch 100 balls.

If they draft or acquire a wide receiver, it will because it's a good value.

Talk to Kevin McHale about that...

Mchale, Waawyy Bird, Wobbet Pawish, the All-Time Celtics All-Ugly Team winnahs!

/thread diversion

Geez, this is not good.

It's really not that big of a deal. Stress fractures require rest. He's got months and months to let this thing heal. I'd rather him be able to run 100% now, of course, but I'm not worried at all about it.

It doesn't say that. I don't know why the OP bothered to post the article.

Foot injuries take a long time to heal. Sometimes they never heal enough to play football or orher sports. They are giving it time and (as the article says) "In the next 10-14 days, Dobson will find out if the rest worked as a recovery method or if he’ll need surgery to repair the foot".

If it hasn't healed enough to reliably play football, they'll put a screw in it like they did before last season for Julian Edelman so he could catch 100 balls.

The sun is hot, water is wet, foot injuries take a long time to heal naturally (if they do at all).

Exactly. I'm now editing this misleading thread title.

From: Boston Herald: The stress fracture in Aaron Dobson's left foot has still not healed

To the actual headline from the Herald.

Exactly. I'm now editing this misleading thread title.

From: Boston Herald: The stress fracture in Aaron Dobson's left foot has still not healed

To the actual headline from the Herald.

Yeah. No malice on the part of the OP I'm sure, but it was just leading to a bunch of "Oh no he'll never get better" posts when it's in fact a normal rest or repair scenario for stress fractures.

WR is by far the Deepest position in the 2014 Draft its now a matter of who they like.

It's really not that big of a deal. Stress fractures require rest. He's got months and months to let this thing heal. I'd rather him be able to run 100% now, of course, but I'm not worried at all about it.
It concerns me regarding his off-season program. If he can't run that's going to set back his development.

It doesn't. I think we need to require a reading and comprehension test before allowing people to post new topics.

:bricks:
Took the headline off Rotoworld quickly this morning. We'll find out more in the next two weeks hopefully to see if it is healing correctly or if he needs surgery.

It concerns me regarding his off-season program. If he can't run that's going to set back his development.

He apparently plans on practicing with Brady out in Cali this offseason so I'm not sure how bad it is. If worse comes to worse, I'm sure our astute Dr. Gill can always perform the surgery.

foot-shot-o.gif

Like him, but he is injury prone. We are approaching Ras I Dowling levels of disappointment.

Like him, but he is injury prone. We are approaching Ras I Dowling levels of disappointment.
At least he made a nice catch last night. But he's done in NE, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3