PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second seed in 2001 (with an 11-5 record) is not 'one of the top teams in the AFC playoffs?'
You're right, though I never had the feeling that the Pats were the favorites either, like I did in 2004 (and even 2003).

Borges may very well be correct. Without Deon Branch and David Givens,

this team is worse than the 2005 team. They will have to struggle to win

one of their last two games. They may get lucky because the Jets play

at Miami next Monday night.

I don't disagree with Borges' point, but if another person mentions "missing David Givens" as a reason for the Patriots struggles this season, I think I'm going to spit myself, but with an h instead of a p.

You're right, though I never had the feeling that the Pats were the favorites either, like I did in 2004 (and even 2003).

And 2003 was the only year in which we were the #1 seed.

The effect of fans of opposing teams' fans yelling "tuck rule" over and over, and the stupid 9/11 conspiracy theories make us forget that we WERE among the best in the regular season that year.

And 2003 was the only year in which we were the #1 seed.

The effect of fans of opposing teams' fans yelling "tuck rule" over and over, and the stupid 9/11 conspiracy theories make us forget that we WERE among the best in the regular season that year.

I guess I'm just going on how I felt during those seasons. In 2001 with a new QB it was hard to tell whether the Pats were that good, or just pretty good and very lucky, leading to the chance that their luck could have run out. Until Vinitieri kicked that field goal, I wasn't sure how I felt.

03 felt like a more solid year, but in 04 I knew they were going all the way by midseason.

I guess I'm just going on how I felt during those seasons. In 2001 with a new QB it was hard to tell whether the Pats were that good, or just pretty good and very lucky, leading to the chance that their luck could have run out. Until Vinitieri kicked that field goal, I wasn't sure how I felt.

03 felt like a more solid year, but in 04 I knew they were going all the way by midseason.

I agree, pujo. 2004 they were F-ing ridiculous - especially with the addition of Dillon.

In reality of course we were the best, in perception before the game no way. That was supposed to be the Rams coronation as the new dynasty. We were the also rans to just about every non-Pat fan out there. They were supposed to blow us out and be ahead 947-3 after the first quarter. As a matter of fact I believe that's exactly what ol' Wrong predicted.

In reality of course we were the best, in perception before the game no way. That was supposed to be the Rams coronation as the new dynasty. We were the also rans to just about every non-Pat fan out there. They were supposed to blow us out and be ahead 947-3 after the first quarter. As a matter of fact I believe that's exactly what ol' Wrong predicted.

72-0 was his prediction, I believe.

Of course, much like most things he writes, he was just doing it to get a rise out of people.

It was after that game that I realized that the old "Everyone loves an underdog" just wasn't true. Non-Pats fans were PISSED we won that game. We only got our due a couple years later.

Must be on the payroll

I think BB pays him to regurgitate bulletin board material.:rocker:

I can see Borges has a fleet of new fans...dumb, not looking at the perspective of things and really naysayers... Why don't these bozoz follow another team if they are so negative about the team???

I can see Borges has a fleet of new fans...dumb, not looking at the perspective of things and really naysayers... Why don't these bozoz follow another team if they are so negative about the team???

What is negative about neutrally assessing your favorite team? I'm sorry, but the Pats have done very little to instill confidence in their return to elite team status this season. I'm glad they killed Houston, it was a hopefully a momentum building win, but I wouldn't book your ticket to Miami just yet.

I guess I'm negative if I don't 100% believe wtih convication the Pats can beat the Broncos/Colts/Bengals/Jets/Ravens, @Ravens/@Colts, @SD to get back to the SB. It will be a tough road.

Sorry, but reality is that the Pats best chance of getting back to the SB is if the #6 seed upsets SD in Round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3