PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boerigter to Visit Later This Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimke said:
Probably worth a look since he should come cheap. Was

a very good player in CFL and was signed to a long term

contract by K.C. Wants a place where he gets a chance to play.

Good rookie year but injury problem after that.

Wants a place where he'll get a chance to play? This guy wasn't on the Colts, he was on the Chiefs. Just to refresh your memory, the Chiefs #2 receiver is Samie Parker. I guess we can't expect Boerigter to get on the field when guys like Samie Parker are playing in front of him. By the way, if you want to talk with some Chiefs fans they will tell you that Vermiel wanted this guy to take the starting job from Johnnie Morton after his rookie year but he never could. In other words, he can't play over Johnnie Morton and Samie Parker but he wants to go to a place where he has a chance to play. Interesting assessment. Sounds like desperation to me.

dryheat44 said:
Do you hold Rosey Colvins miserable year in 2003 against him? What did he have that year? Something like 2 sacks and 3 tackles? We probably should have cut him.

My first point is that if you've watched Boerigter play, you would know that he can contribute if he's recovered from injuries. He runs good patterns, has good speed, and has good hands. He has to learn to get open better.

My second point is that the Patriots, as currently consituted, are a better team with him than without, so why not sign him?

Right there you just proved you have no clue what you are talking about. He didn't play a lot because he dropped too many balls. That's a fact. Go to a Chiefs board and ask why he didn't play. He runs good routes? How do you know? Are you breaking down film every night? My guess is you saw this guy play once in your life.

R_T26 said:
I agree 100 %. Too many rose colored glasses for some Patriot fans. Every good veteran we cut, will be replaced (generic example: Milloy) and every backup free agent we sign will be (Generic Example: Vrabel, Patten). Time to realize that too many losses will catch up to any organization, no matter how good.

And I too would be willing to bet that if the Pats cut Brady today, you would find at least 2 people who would argue that it was a good move because he was taking up too much cap space, and Cassell too was a late round pick who can give us the same production.
Yeah, I agree, it would be much better if the fan base just *****ed about everything the FO does, regardless of how many times they proved us wrong.

patriotsrule said:
Right there you just proved you have no clue what you are talking about. He didn't play a lot because he dropped too many balls. That's a fact. Go to a Chiefs board and ask why he didn't play. He runs good routes? How do you know? Are you breaking down film every night? My guess is you saw this guy play once in your life.

Right now you just proved you're a f'ing moron.

Pick somebody else to insult, Junior. I don't have the time for it. I watched every single Chief's game in 2002 and 2003 that didn't interfere with my Pats watching. When it did, I watched it during the commercials. I watched probably six more this past season. Therefore, I'm stating that I've seen him play more than you.

He didn't play at all in 2004 because of a torn ACL. He was just rounding into form over the last half of 2005.

Hey, he's 30 coming off a major injury, maybe it won't work out. I'll still maintain it's worth taking a chance.

In conclusion, go f*ck yourself.

rule of thumb on this board. Call every signing a "typical Patriot signing" call the player "solid" (even if his stats say otherwise. Pretend you know a lot about the player even though you have maybe seen him pay once. pretend its a great signing even though if he was signed by any other team you wouldnt even notice.

Pats67 said:
Yeah, I agree, it would be much better if the fan base just *****ed about everything the FO does, regardless of how many times they proved us wrong.

You have it all wrong - realistic Pats fans just sh*t on the ridiculous statements made by some fans. I applaud great moves, I question questionable moves.....makes me a fan. LOL!

Relax - I am well aware that the season does not start until September and quite frankly, I am confident that Boerigter, if signed, will be cut during camp.

I still don't understand this, however: A bust who drops balls versus a one year deal with a savvy vet who can help out at d-back in nickle situations. Seems like an easy decision to me.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
rule of thumb on this board. Call every signing a "typical Patriot signing" call the player "solid" (even if his stats say otherwise. Pretend you know a lot about the player even though you have maybe seen him pay once. pretend its a great signing even though if he was signed by any other team you wouldnt even notice.

No the rule of thumb as of late seems to be signing up and calling members who have been contributing to this forum for years idiots and morons who don't agree with you.

dryheat44 said:
Right now you just proved you're a f'ing moron.

Pick somebody else to insult, Junior. I don't have the time for it. I watched every single Chief's game in 2002 and 2003 that didn't interfere with my Pats watching. When it did, I watched it during the commercials. I watched probably six more this past season. Therefore, I'm stating that I've seen him play more than you.

He didn't play at all in 2004 because of a torn ACL. He was just rounding into form over the last half of 2005.

Hey, he's 30 coming off a major injury, maybe it won't work out. I'll still maintain it's worth taking a chance.

In conclusion, go f*ck yourself.

Hey, can you give me the scouting report on Richard Smith then? Since you know so much about the Chiefs. How about Boomer Grigsby? How does he fight off blocks? How is Craphonso Thorpe coming around with his route running since you are an expert and scout of the Chiefs in between watching Patriots games during commercials. Are you sick of getting slapped yet? If not, let me know and I will be happy to beat on you some more unless you are breaking down film on Benny Sapp. What a fraud.

By the way dry heat, you proved your class by your last post. The stereotypical Boston fan. That's why the rest of the country thinks we're a bunch of losers. Because of people like you. Sorry but it's true. And I could care less how long you've been posting. It obviously hasn't made you any smarter, so give it a rest.

patriotsrule said:
By the way dry heat, you proved your class by your last post. The stereotypical Boston fan. That's why the rest of the country thinks we're a bunch of losers. Because of people like you. Sorry but it's true. And I could care less how long you've been posting. It obviously hasn't made you any smarter, so give it a rest.

Snow day today? I miss those.

dryheat44 said:
The Dude tore his ACL in 2004. Do you hold Rosey Colvins miserable year in 2003 against him? What did he have that year? Something like 2 sacks and 3 tackles? We probably should have cut him. He wasn't dynamite the next season either.

My first point is that if you've watched Boerigter play, you would know that he can contribute if he's recovered from injuries. He runs good patterns, has good speed, and has good hands. He has to learn to get open better.

My second point is that the Patriots, as currently consituted, are a better team with him than without, so why not sign him?

He's also an excellent special teams player.

The problem with your comparison to Colvin is that Colvin had demonstrated for 2 consecutive seasons prior to his injury that he could be a force rushing the passer. Boerigter has demonstrated next to nothing in comparison to Colvin. Apples and Tire Irons.

dryheat44 said:
No the rule of thumb as of late seems to be signing up and calling members who have been contributing to this forum for years idiots and morons who don't agree with you.

Sorry, i never called anyone an idiot or a moron, I just think we should call a spade a spade. The best fan bases consist of fans who give their opinions weather its positive or not. Nothing about Boerichter tells me he's a good player. Terrell was a better player and couldnt even make this team. The Pats have bombed 2 in FA 2 of the last 4 years, what kept them going was a solid core and good drafts, that solid core is now losing pieces and the 2004 draft was horrible outside of the 1st round. Im sure people thought the celtics would live forever and that Red could just replace McHale, Bird, Parrish etc., but they were never replaced and we have had 20 years of mediocrity since.

Last edited:
patriotsrule said:

PatrtiotsRule - You need to STFU already. You haven't slapped anyone around. All you have proven is that YOU are "Steretypical Boston Fan," not dryheat. Your posts in this thread are filled with nothing but ignorant arrogance.

BTW, moron, you didn't even give Dryheat a chance to respond to your questions. So, how, pray tell, did you slap him around?

Though I haven't always agreed with Dryheat, he's proven to know a helluva lot more about the game of football than you have put in your posts. So, instead of trying to be the big man on campus by just sh!tting all over people, how about you stop acting like an arrogant pr!ck and provide some valid points to counter what he's saying. People might actually give you the respect you seem to be craving with your stupidity.

R_T26 said:
I agree 100 %. Too many rose colored glasses for some Patriot fans. Every good veteran we cut, will be replaced (generic example: Milloy) and every backup free agent we sign will be (Generic Example: Vrabel, Patten). Time to realize that too many losses will catch up to any organization, no matter how good.

And I too would be willing to bet that if the Pats cut Brady today, you would find at least 2 people who would argue that it was a good move because he was taking up too much cap space, and Cassell too was a late round pick who can give us the same production.

R_T -
Why do you post BS exaggerations? Do you think it makes you look smart? It doesn't. And agreeing with that arrogant moron, PatriotsRule, does help you get any credibility either.

1) No one who argue that cutting Brady would be a good move except maybe trolls.
2) Its unlikely that people would say that Cassel would give the Pats the same production.
3) What has been said about the Caldwell signing was that he should be a good #3, but has the ability to challenge for the #2 slot.
4) Boerigter is in a similar situation as Caldwell was. Boerigter is coming off an ACL surgery and may only be a possession receiver.
5) The problem I see with Boerigter is that he still seems to have the dropsies.

Garbanza said:
You have it all wrong - realistic Pats fans just sh*t on the ridiculous statements made by some fans. I applaud great moves, I question questionable moves.....makes me a fan. LOL!

Relax - I am well aware that the season does not start until September and quite frankly, I am confident that Boerigter, if signed, will be cut during camp.

I still don't understand this, however: A bust who drops balls versus a one year deal with a savvy vet who can help out at d-back in nickle situations. Seems like an easy decision to me.
I don't think I'd like the team that built their roster based on what seemed like 'easy decisions' to fans on message boards. Even 'realistic' ones.

...I would! LOL!!

God, what am I thinking! Having an opinion on a messageboard! Shame!

Last edited:
Garbanza said:
...I would! LOL!!

God, what am I thinking! Having an opinion on a messageboard! Shame!
That's pretty funny considering this thread has been littered with your complaints about the opinions of others concerning this receiver.

My issue isn't with those opinions. Its more with those who overly concern themselves with any optimism expressed by someone else.

DaBruinz said:
PatrtiotsRule - You need to STFU already. You haven't slapped anyone around. All you have proven is that YOU are "Steretypical Boston Fan," not dryheat. Your posts in this thread are filled with nothing but ignorant arrogance.

BTW, moron, you didn't even give Dryheat a chance to respond to your questions. So, how, pray tell, did you slap him around?

Though I haven't always agreed with Dryheat, he's proven to know a helluva lot more about the game of football than you have put in your posts. So, instead of trying to be the big man on campus by just sh!tting all over people, how about you stop acting like an arrogant pr!ck and provide some valid points to counter what he's saying. People might actually give you the respect you seem to be craving with your stupidity.

I agree. I am the big man on campus. Thank God we got that out of the way. Now, if you don't mind, I'm scouting the route running abilities of Eric Moulds during commercials while I watch PTI just in case he gets cut. Thank you for the compliment.

Lets see: First we want Jurevicious, then Brian Finneran and now Marc Boerigter. What do those three have in common? That reminds me of the other stereotypical thing Boston fans are known for.

patriotsrule said:
Wants a place where he'll get a chance to play? This guy wasn't on the Colts, he was on the Chiefs. Just to refresh your memory, the Chiefs #2 receiver is Samie Parker. I guess we can't expect Boerigter to get on the field when guys like Samie Parker are playing in front of him. By the way, if you want to talk with some Chiefs fans they will tell you that Vermiel wanted this guy to take the starting job from Johnnie Morton after his rookie year but he never could. In other words, he can't play over Johnnie Morton and Samie Parker but he wants to go to a place where he has a chance to play. Interesting assessment. Sounds like desperation to me.

Another person who doesn't look at the entire situation before making a statement.

After Boerigter's 2002 season, he was still behind Morton and Eddie Kennison at the receiver position and in the receiver depth chart was also behind Tony Gonzalez and Donte Hall. So, Boerigter was their 5th or 6th receiving option during the 2003 season. Is that a good thing? Don't know. Was he given the change to unseat any of them? Don't know.

Boerigter missed ALL of the 2004 season with the ACL. And, as we all know, it takes almost 2 years for a player to get back to full health. So, he probably wouldn't have been able to beat out Samie Parker or Dante Hall. Especially since Vermiel liked Hall and wanted him on the field as much as possibly.

Boerigter, in my eyes, is a low risk, medium reward type player if signed.

patriotsrule said:
I agree. I am the big man on campus. Thank God we got that out of the way. Now, if you don't mind, I'm scouting the route running abilities of Eric Moulds during commercials while I watch PTI just in case he gets cut. Thank you for the compliment.

Lets see: First we want Jurevicious, then Brian Finneran and now Marc Boerigter. What do those three have in common? That reminds me of the other stereotypical thing Boston fans are known for.

No, you aren't the big man on campus. You're the loudmouth moron who doesn't know jack and just tries to push everyone else around because he thinks he's smart. You aren't.

1) Joe Jurevicius is a solid #2 possession receiver who is 30 something.
2) Brian Finneran has a garbage QB throwing the ball to him
3) Marc Boerigter is a journeyman low rish medium reward type player.

The only thing they have in common is that they've been on the Patriots Radar screen for potential free agent signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back