PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blog: Richard Seymour Conference Call Transcript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone--here's the link to the full transcript of today's conference call between Seymour and the New England media. Interesting exchance between Seymour and a writer you can see in the transcript—Seymour took him to task for something he wrote about him being "prideful."

http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/283

Thanks,
Chris

Excellent, Thanks Chris!

Bump again with thanks, Chris!

Great post Chris, I really enjoyed that. Was that Borges also who asked if he liked BB? That sounds like one of those trap questions. I'm sure he'll use that in a piece in the future that spins RS' answer to something like "I only care about BB when it comes to football, nothing else" just to try and create controversy.

smg93 said:
Great post Chris, I really enjoyed that. Was that Borges also who asked if he liked BB? That sounds like one of those trap questions. I'm sure he'll use that in a piece in the future that spins RS' answer to something like "I only care about BB when it comes to football, nothing else" just to try and create controversy.

I'm not going to name names as to the "prideful" remark. I'll just say that I won't disagree with the suspect named in this thread...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34157

And thanks for the kind words. I've really enjoyed blogging for you guys. If anyone has any questions, comments or any other feedback, feel free to leave a comment on the blog.

Chris

Last edited:
Christopher_Price said:
I'm not going to name names as to the "prideful" remark. I'll just say that I won't disagree with the suspect named in this thread...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=34157

And thanks for the kind words. I've really enjoyed blogging for you guys. If anyone has any questions, comments or any other feedback, feel free to leave a comment on the blog.

Chris
*cough* Just a tickle in my throat *cough*
Google News and a slightly obsessive-compulsive mind is a powerful thing. :D

On another note, just a real kudos and thanks to you Chris. One thing that I really enjoy about your blog and transcripts is the fact that you don't truncate the reporter's questions. I never realized it before you came along, but it makes a world of difference.

For example:
....from one of our other favorite guys...
Q: Do you like Bill Belichick?
RS: “I don’t care who it is or what’s going on, I think, just to be real honest, I don’t care if we’re brothers, sometimes you fight but at the end of the day you still love each other. ...â€
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2006/04/seymour_speaks.html

Yet from your blog we learn the question is actually much different....
Q: Do you like Bill Belichick?
RS: Why wouldn't I?

Q: I don't know. Again, he has had a way of doing things and you have been a cornerstone of his defenses. Obviously he admires you and loves the way you play football, but he probably, behind the scenes, expects a lot from you. I think that your being a straight shooter and frank person, there were probably times when you said, 'Geesh, I'm doing all I can here and I don't feel like I'm getting the love back.' I think there has been speculation, on my part as well, that it was said, 'I don't know if Seymour really likes it here. I don't know if he likes the coaching staff.' Clearly, you must have some affection for it, so I figured I would ask you to describe the relationship.
RS: I don't care who it is or what is going on, I just think at the end of the day, just to be real honest, we're brothers. Sometimes you fight, but at the end of the day you know you still love each other. ...
http://www.patsfans.com/price/blog/?q=node/283
Obviously to anyone with a clear mind (of which I'm not often accused) can see how the questioner was specifically trying to lead Seymour to an answer that fit his view. (That wasn't still Felger, was it? Was it Curran?)

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anybody else or screaming media conspiracy or anything silly. I understand why it's common practice to condense the wandering babble of a reporter, but I really appreciate the difference being able to see the actual question in full. And in this case, it really makes the answer even better from Seymour, because you can see him avoid the obvious baiting that was going on with the question.

Thanks again.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
*cough* Just a tickle in my throat *cough*
Google News and a slightly obsessive-compulsive mind is a powerful thing. :D

On another note, just a real kudos and thanks to you Chris. One thing that I really enjoy about your blog and transcripts is the fact that you don't truncate the reporter's questions. I never realized it before you came along, but it makes a world of difference.

For example:
....from one of our other favorite guys...

Yet from your blog we learn the question is actually much different....
Obviously to anyone with a clear mind (of which I'm not often accused) can see how the questioner was specifically trying to lead Seymour to an answer that fit his view. (That wasn't still Felger, was it? Was it Curran?)

Anyway, I'm not criticizing anybody else or screaming media conspiracy or anything silly. I understand why it's common practice to condense the wandering babble of a reporter, but I really appreciate the difference being able to see the actual question in full. And in this case, it really makes the answer even better from Seymour, because you can see him avoid the obvious baiting that was going on with the question.

Thanks again.

I cannot believe I didn't realize that practice was going on although it makes sense,

That example of a question to Seymour makes all the difference in the world as to how you view his answer.

I love that Richard said "Why wouldn't I?" but didn't see that reported on other sites I checked out.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Thanks again.

ain't context grand?

Chris - thanks for posting everything and not chopping at all. We appreciate your blog.

Richard Seymour exemplifies all that is GOOD about the game and he is a hard working classy guy now being remunerated fairly by a classy organization.

fgssand said:
Chris - thanks for posting everything and not chopping at all. We appreciate your blog.

Richard Seymour exemplifies all that is GOOD about the game and he is a hard working classy guy now being remunerated fairly by a classy organization.

Thank you for the kind words everyone. It's a ton of work transcribing all the stuff, but I believe it really helps the reader understand the situation and the context.

Is there anything else you guys would really like to see? I'm trying to come up with some "outside the box" ideas that you might not always find at some of the other football blogs in town (we all push each other--and you guys are the ones who benefit...), and I think I have some good ideas down the road. But in the meantime, feel free to fire away with any suggestions about how to make things better, either here or via the comments section on the blog.

Chris

just read my sig... nothing else needs to be said about a moron who has a push going to remove his HOF vote.

Christopher_Price said:
Thank you for the kind words everyone. It's a ton of work transcribing all the stuff, but I believe it really helps the reader understand the situation and the context.

Is there anything else you guys would really like to see? I'm trying to come up with some "outside the box" ideas that you might not always find at some of the other football blogs in town (we all push each other--and you guys are the ones who benefit...), and I think I have some good ideas down the road. But in the meantime, feel free to fire away with any suggestions about how to make things better, either here or via the comments section on the blog.

Chris
good to see a writer who cares about the quality of his work... very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back