PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Sunday: moving on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now it looks like OL could be the team's biggest priority.....Waiting for BB to trade for or sign an OL to shore up that unit.....Scar can only do so much with limited resources.....

The prospect of Cannon or Fleming playing Tackle again is really unsettling. I wonder if either Kline, Thuney, or Even Stork will get some action at right tackle. All three of these guys have good position flexibility, and dear god, not another season of watching Cannon getting rolled over.

It's all about the O line? Without an effective O line.... can't run it, can't let WR routes develop, and JG's internal clock will be all messed up. Scar may be the biggest upgrade on the team but he still has to rely on Cannon...and Cannon is a turn style. And let's face it, Lewis' dynamic jitterbugging behind the LOS last year covered up what was without a doubt the most anemic OL that created no push and usually was shoved backwards. When it was Blount's turn to be the feature back, the Pats essentially abandoned the run for the rest of the season.
Unleash Collins!!

Right now it looks like OL could be the team's biggest priority.....Waiting for BB to trade for or sign an OL to shore up that unit.....Scar can only do so much with limited resources.....

Cannon looks more and more solid. Trade for OL now I don't see. Suffering @OL all around the league.

I think the most solid OL now could be: Solder - Thuney - Andrews - Stork - Cannon

Losing Lewis for a bit hurts but not as much as losing Vollmer. I feel like we have better solutions for 3rd down back than OT. Right now Cannon is the plan with probably Bennett/Gronk giving a little push off.

Honestly this makes Derby more important moving forward than some might have considered as well. If Gronk/Bennett need to stay home to block on more downs cause of Cannon then the team might put Derby in at TE to go a receiving threat more than we might think and play it as a 6 OL package. with 2 TEs 2 WRs/1 WR 1 RB

I like the 2 blocking TE's with a 1 WR and 1 RB.......one of the blocking TE's can always slide out into the middle........RB gives extra threat to run or help blocking/swing pass....Gives opposing Defenses more to think about.....Carolina game will be biggest test so far this pre season, especially for the Pats D....

Cannon looks more and more solid. Trade for OL now I don't see. Suffering @OL all around the league.

I think the most solid OL now could be: Solder - Thuney - Andrews - Stork - Cannon
Regarding Cannon looking "more and more solid", what are you seeing? The images of DEs abusing the "stationary one" last season are still too fresh in my mind to be able to generate any hope for him this year.

Agreed, just pray for the health of the OL that we didn't get last year.

Other than TB12 Solder might be the most indispensable player on the team. The problem last year was really heightened by the fact it was both tackles and now with no Volmer Solder becomes that much more irreplaceable.

Losing Lewis hurts..but i don't think anyone here expected him to place a full season so at least he will be back for when the season matters the most

1683267.jpg

Mason, you forgot the Mason part at the end of that.

Yes he did say that too mason too! But I read in a book that after Super Bowl 38 he told tom Jackson "**** you" after Jackson comgratulated him. But that clip of BB saying **** you to mason is priceless. And then he tells him to check the scoreboard which is great.

What do we think about Derby as a blocker...?

well, we know what BB thinks - he went on mike praising his blocking while everybody was hailing his catches ... after, film reviews confirmed that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST