PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Pats... week one... ANY CONCERNS at all?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFLOfan said:
Just wondering... What you guys expect a 17 point blowout? Week one's are scarry... Remember Sam Adams high steppin a few yers ago?

I didn't post this in interleague because it seems kinda lame.

The only concern I have on Sunday is how much beer to bring to the tailgate. Outside of that, I expect a rout.

I've learned through the years to NEVER take AFCE games for granted. This one is no exception (and even the NYJ games as well, as bad as they are predicted to be).

You guys have got a good RB, a traditionally good defense (with Takeo back, I'm sure you'll be stout), some promising WRs, and I think Jauron is much better than Mularkey.

As far as OUR concerns go, I have to be worried about our WR situation being that Tom Brady has had very little time with ANY of these WRs (besides my man, Troy Brown). Also our LB depth (Is Bruschi playing? etc) is a spot of concern, and thusly our run defense will be tested against you guys.

Two questions for you: What's up with Matt Bowen being ahead of Donte Whitner at S on the official depth chart? With Whitner being drafted so high I'd have expected him to beat out a cast-off journeyman like Bowen. And also, what's up with London Fletcher-Baker??

Jacky Roberts said:
The only concern I have on Sunday is how much beer to bring to the tailgate. Outside of that, I expect a rout.

For whatever reason, the pats never rout anyone. I still remember having to pull off the game late against both the Texans and the Cardianls in pervious years. If we win by more than 10 points i'll be a bit shocked.

Kdo5 said:
There is one rule I believe every fan should follow.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT. WE ALL REMEMBER MNF AGAINST THE DOLPHINS IN 04!

wasnt that game also in late december when we had already clinched a playoff spot? So really,They were playing the reserves and it didnt matter much right?

The Bills are much improved from a year ago. This preseason Losman has been amazing, and the defense looks like they will return to form. The Patriots are very good, but I wouldn't call them stacked. They are pencil thin at WR, and their defense is more than shakey. This game could very well have 30 points scored by both teams.

BillsFan4Life said:
The Bills are much improved from a year ago. This preseason Losman has been amazing, and the defense looks like they will return to form. The Patriots are very good, but I wouldn't call them stacked. They are pencil thin at WR, and their defense is more than shakey. This game could very well have 30 points scored by both teams.

you have Losman putting up 30 on us??

that's funny

almost as funny as our defense being 'shaky'

thanks for the laugh homer

BillsFan4Life said:

If Buffalo scores 30 at Foxboro I'll eat my hat. Buffalo does not scare me one bit.

Last edited:
27-7 Patriots

My questions regarding Buffalo:

How good is the Bills' offenseive line?

Can Losman throw the long ball?

How good are the Bills linebackers?

If the Bills can get McGahee rolling and Losman can hit a couple long ones AND the Bills stuff the Pats running game, Buffalo will be competitive. I wouldn't give Buffalo a chance if Maroney was healthy.

Last edited:
I'm always concerned. Every single game. Concerned about losing, concerned about injuries, concerned about arriving late to the game, concerned about drinking too much.

Tunescribe said:
My questions regarding Buffalo:

How good is the Bills' offenseive line?

Can Losman throw the long ball?

How good are the Bills linebackers?

If the Bills can get McGahee rolling and Losman can hit a couple long ones AND the Bills stuff the Pats running game, Buffalo will be competitive. I wouldn't give Buffalo a chance if Maroney was healthy.
-the bills offensive line is still in question. From what I saw in the preseason they were decent in pass protection, but poor opening holes

-yes, losman can throw the long ball as well as anyone in the league. Its one thing he does very well.

-the bills may very well have the best line backing corps in the league. All three are 120 tackle players, and one of them recorded that 120 last year in just 12 games.

Don't discount the Bills. They have a Defense. Any team that does can win.

Losman is a developing QB going into his third? season. The light should be coming on about now. Off the preseason, it seems it is.

That is not to say the Bills are a good club. But I think they have the ability to be around .500

They are with a new coaching staff, and even Vince Lombardi, Paul Brown (w Bengals) and Belichick (Browns & Patriots) did not win their first year.

But Losman is at the point that he can have occasional very good game.

That's why they play them, and why we watch...:)

Kdo5 said:
There is one rule I believe every fan should follow.
Kdo5 said:
EVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT. WE ALL REMEMBER MNF AGAINST THE DOLPHINS IN 04!

No need to shout. And yes, I remember that game well. Where Brandon Gorin was a friggin SIEVE on the right side of the O-line getting beaten by 2nd string LBs. It was a pathetic sight to see. And it forced Brady into too many errors.

BillsFan4Life said:

Have the Bills gotten an O-line yet? I stopped counting the number of years that they averaged 46+ sacks when it got to 8.

You have an o-line that is almost entirely re-vamped. You're QB has looked like a deer in the headlights against the Pats previously and it remains to be seen whether he's truly improved or if its just having a good pre-season.

How deep are the Bills at WR? After Lee Evans, who do you have? Josh Reed hasn't shown much. Peerless Price has been a bust since he went to Atlanta. Roscoe Parrish isn't ready for prime time. Andre Davis and Sam Aiken? Nuff said.

I would say that the Bills are as thin at WR as the Pats. But I would add that the Bills are thin at TE as well.

What will carry the Bills is their defense. They seem to have a good D-line. They will have some good LBs if Spikes comes back 100% healthy. ANd they have a solid secondary.

How the Bills do will depend on them stopping the run and shutting down the Pats TEs. If they can't do both, then the Pats will win big.

BillsFan4Life said:
-the bills offensive line is still in question. From what I saw in the preseason they were decent in pass protection, but poor opening holes

-yes, losman can throw the long ball as well as anyone in the league. Its one thing he does very well.

-the bills may very well have the best line backing corps in the league. All three are 120 tackle players, and one of them recorded that 120 last year in just 12 games.

Linebackers having 120 tackles isn't necessarily a good thing in a 4-3 defense. Typically, in the 4-3 the D-line is supposed to ring up a lot of tackles while the Linebackers don't get as much. If a LB in a 4-3 has a LOT of tackles, either the defense is designed to open up holes for him (ala the Ravens and Lewis) or the D-line is porous and the LB is having to make the plays because the D-line isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes