PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Built to Beat the Patriots . . . Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills appear to have a super solid defensive front with Williams and Darius as leaders of the front line.

Our OL better be in good shape when the Pats play the Bills or Brady will get mauled.

If Fitzpatrick shows signs of life in 2012,the Bills could take the division in 2013
The Bills won't be taking the division until they have more than 3 reliable options on offense. Their defense should be fun to watch in 2012.

The Bills won't be taking the division until they have more than 3 reliable options on offense. Their defense should be fun to watch in 2012.

I'm actually going to make it a point to watch more Bills games this season. I already made plans to watch the Bills/Jets opener this season.

He'll still be pretty awesome and with his versatility, I'd love him on this team any day of the week.
That's becuase we are used to (and expect to) have an aging RB on the team :).

Nothing annoys me more when I read that the Giants pass rush dominated in the SB....Hmmm..They must forgot the Pats were one completion away from winning..Whatever...

This is part of the group that thinks the alpha and omega of football is the "pass rush". There is a segment of mediots that think sunspots occur because of a pass rush.

Since admitting a dropped pass cost the Patriots the game would make them look foolish, it gets ignored. Likewise, notice few of these types ever bother to ponder what losing the top TE in a two TE based offense means.

That's becuase we are used to (and expect to) have an aging RB on the team :).

He hasn't shown many signs of slowing down to me. Injury is not always indicative of a player slowing down. He has a lot less mileage on his legs than most 31-year-old RBs. He probably would have passed his conditioning test, unlike Addai.lol

when it comes to beating the pats, the obvious blueprint for the last 5 years is the giants......sorry, but as good as the FA's the Bills brought in are, they simply can not replicate the problems that guys like JPP and Justin Tuck create for the pats

there's nothing overly special about the giants except they are as close as you can come to being built to beat the pats

Nothing annoys me more when I read that the Giants pass rush dominated in the SB....Hmmm..They must forgot the Pats were one completion away from winning..Whatever...

Exactly. Where was the Giants pass rush when the Pats hit 20 out of 23 passes to start the game.

The Welker drop, the safety, Brady re-injuring his shoulder, the missed fumble chances, Mayo missing an easy INT, and the defense's complete inability to get off the field and get the offense the ball back - these things all played a larger role in the Patriots losing than the Giants vaunted front four.

Don't get me wrong, the Giants front four is scary as hell. And still far scarier than the Bills, at least as far as the Pats are concerned.

A scary "front four" is scary.

The problem with the Bills is the follow on question..."Then what?"

It should be interesting to see what Buffalo has in store when the offense goes hurry up and these guys are gassed by the 5th play. What's left when they are passed out in 2nd quarter from exhaustion?

If Gronk was healthy the Giants lose by 2/3 scores. With the offensive additions, this unit can attack at all levels, sideline to sideline with infinate formations, personnel packages, tempos, and redundancies.

The "front four" gets you to about play three.

Buffalo would most likely have been better off adopting the Jets approach by putting 8 in coverage, make the offense matriculate the ball, and hope for turnovers.

A scary "front four" is scary.

The problem with the Bills is the follow on question..."Then what?"

It should be interesting to see what Buffalo has in store when the offense goes hurry up and these guys are gassed by the 5th play. What's left when they are passed out in 2nd quarter from exhaustion?

If Gronk was healthy the Giants lose by 2/3 scores. With the offensive additions, this unit can attack at all levels, sideline to sideline with infinate formations, personnel packages, tempos, and redundancies.

The "front four" gets you to about play three.

Buffalo would most likely have been better off adopting the Jets approach by putting 8 in coverage, make the offense matriculate the ball, and hope for turnovers.

Us agreeing on an issue, now that is scary.

One thing that separates the Giants from the Bills is that their Nascar front has a better shot against the hurry up. Those guys are unrivaled athletes. I share your skepticism if the Bills front could handle a hurry up the same way.

Us agreeing on an issue, now that is scary.

One thing that separates the Giants from the Bills is that their Nascar front has a better shot against the hurry up. Those guys are unrivaled athletes. I share your skepticism if the Bills front could handle a hurry up the same way.

The Giants also have more of them.

A pass rush is definately part of a solution.

It's not the answer.

Especially with the current Patriots roster of skill players

Buffalo have a very sound basis....their issue has been depth recently and they've gone a way to working towards solving the problem. Some promising starts have faded away towards the end of their seasons because of injury, fatigue and to an extent their mental toughness maybe too.

They will be our closest challenger this year in my eyes and could very well challenge for a wildcard berth. Are they built to beat us? Well they've been BUILDING to beat us...as have the Jets and Dolphins (you obviously aim to beat the best in your division)... Ate they there now? Remains to be seen but I do t want to say much and find myself eating my words.

The teams in the division are tailoring their strategies in an attempt to beat the Patriots. I don't think this is surprising, or novel.

I also don't think they've been successful.

Buffalo have a very sound basis....their issue has been depth recently and they've gone a way to working towards solving the problem. Some promising starts have faded away towards the end of their seasons because of injury, fatigue and to an extent their mental toughness maybe too.

They will be our closest challenger this year in my eyes and could very well challenge for a wildcard berth. Are they built to beat us? Well they've been BUILDING to beat us...as have the Jets and Dolphins (you obviously aim to beat the best in your division)... Ate they there now? Remains to be seen but I do t want to say much and find myself eating my words.

Good point, but if the Jets focus exclusively on the Patriots again, it will continue to burn them. If I was coaching the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins, I'd be more worried about taking out the other two--teams that will likely be competing with me for the wildcard--than the Patriots.

Last edited:
The teams in the division are tailoring their strategies in an attempt to beat the Patriots. I don't think this is surprising, or novel.

I also don't think they've been successful.

They also have been one step behind us the entire time. The Jets, Phins and Bills all loaded up on outside corners - and we went out and drafted two of the best tight ends in the league and attack the center of the field.

Now they'll all scramble to defend our tight ends. Meanwhile, that's Brandon Lloyd & Jabar Gaffney on the outside now that they are having to deal with, not a banged up Deion Branch or friggin Sam Aiken. Good luck to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe