Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bill Belichick's Post Game Press Conference Transcript

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Oct 20, 2013.

1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bill Belichick's Post Game Press Conference Transcript
    By: Ian Logue

Here's what Patriots head coach Bill Belichick had to say following their overtime loss to the Jets:...

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Please assure me it's not full of F Bombs before I open the link
  3. Archeryaddict12

Archeryaddict12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

None, but clearly he is annoyed with the call.
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

he says we played poorly in all phases of the game. we need to play better next week. it is what i t is.
  5. buile

buile PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeahhh, but said in fewer words than normal so you just **know** how pissed he is.
  6. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18 / 1 / -2

#12 Jersey

Replay from the bengals game...
  7. Ivan

Ivan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +908 / 26 / -27

#75 Jersey

The Patriots played like crap and deserved to lose that game but that was a horsesh.t call by an official that was looking to throw a flag to give the jets the win. MacDaniels called one of the worst games i have ever seen, absolute garbage.
  8. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Just mentioned by talking heads that over 400 field goal attempts this season and FIRST TIME A PENALTY HAS BEEN CALLED ON THIS RULE.

I guess this game was not to be a win....BRADY, OL,DEFENSE WERE ALL autrocious. Glad to see the return of Gronk.
  9. sanvara

sanvara Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's not really statistically significant.

Apparently Bill's interpretation is incorrect regarding the push being from the second level according to referee Bolger.

“The call was that No. 94 on the defense pushed his teammate into the formation,” Boger said. “That is a rule change for 2013 that a teammate cannot push a teammate into the opponents’ formation.”

Belichick said it was his belief that the push was only illegal if it came from a player on the second level of the defense, but Boger said that wasn’t the case.

“Any push. It could be with the body, not necessarily with the hand, but with the body into his teammate, into the formation. It’s any type of pushing action,” Boger said.
  10. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Spoken like a true numbers guy. Must be an insurance man.

I meant it wasn't a common call.{And I'm sure Jones is the only ST player to ever use that leverage}
  11. Froob

Froob Rookie

Ratings:
    +232 / 7 / -3

#32 Jersey

Still its a crazy call. If I'm understanding this correctly, it's not an advantage to block the kick but it's not to hurt other team mates. What kind of whack ass rule penalizes you for hurting your team mates?
  12. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Belichick is probably right on this. I'm just glad he went out there and argued his case. Pretty apparent dude looks like he wished he swallowed his whistle.

Very rare for Belichick to to go off his normal losing press conference transcript answers. "We didn't make enough plays, coaches and players got to play better, it is what it is blah blah." He must of felt pretty strongly the refs were in the wrong here to actually answer a question out of his normal list of dreary drivel.
  13. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +606 / 11 / -6

FWIW, the idea is to protect the opposing team from having a 300# guy being used as a "battering ram."
  14. Observer

Observer Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

To cap off a lousy day, now I get to see that Bill didn't know the rules either. :bricks:
  15. Robdude

Robdude Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This sounds like a penalty that can be called on every field goal. Many times when someone runs a stunt they can run into the back of someone if it is blocked well. Even if the defense bunches up, what stops the penalty from being called?
  16. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +752 / 14 / -12

So where was the call when the jets defender extended his arm into the back of a teammate on the FG that tied it up at the end of the game?
  17. nycdan

nycdan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I believe (but am not certain) that the rule applies when you push a man before he has made contact with an opposing player. Once players are in the pile, you can't accelerate your own player with a push. At least, I think that's the intent of the rule.

As such, it sounds like it was designed as another way to help prevent injuries. Sucks to be the first team called for it, and had the call gone the other way and the Jets lost the game on that call, I think I would feel similarly so I get the frustration. As for BB though, that was probably one of those moments where he would have been better off taking the high road. His interpretation at the PC was just plain wrong.
  18. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +891 / 7 / -7

#24 Jersey

It was actually the first time in the history of the NFL that the call has ever been made, which is why there was so much confusion over it.

It's never been called before one time. Today made history.