PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick utilized quotes from Miami players to motivate the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
We often hear that 'players shouldn't need any additional motivation', but it sure doesn't hurt. Whether it be news of Pittsburgh coaches instructing players to pack their bags for the Super Bowl prior to the AFCCG or some other bulletin board material, BB leaves no stone unturned and assumes nothing before a game is played.

It Is What It Is >> Report: Bill Belichick utilized Miami quotes following opening loss as motivation this week | weei.com

Schefter reported Sunday morning that all week on screens inside Patriots’ training facility, the team displayed quotes from Miami players after they beat Patriots in opener by a 33-20 count. According to Schefter, the bulk of those quotes were about how Patriots quit, about how the Dolphins took it to them. Each member of the team was able to repeatedly walk past and read the multitude of quotes the Miami players said about them after the opener.

Report: Bill Belichick displayed Week 1 quotes from Miami Dolphins in Gillette Stadium this week | masslive.com

Bill Belichick likes to block the outside noise, but he also sometimes uses it as a motivational tool.

As Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning, Belichick placed quotes from Miami Dolphins players following their Week 1 victory over the Patriots on screens around the Gillette facility this week.​

BB is the greatest.....

It's the little things that usually tip the balance in any game. This is the sort of "little thing" that pays dividends way over and above it's face value.

IIRC, most of the times he has used player quotes in the past, the team has responded quite favorably.

We often hear that 'players shouldn't need any additional motivation', but it sure doesn't hurt. Whether it be news of Pittsburgh coaches instructing players to pack their bags for the Super Bowl prior to the AFCCG or some other bulletin board material, BB leaves no stone unturned and assumes nothing before a game is played.

It Is What It Is >> Report: Bill Belichick utilized Miami quotes following opening loss as motivation this week | weei.com

Schefter reported Sunday morning that all week on screens inside Patriots’ training facility, the team displayed quotes from Miami players after they beat Patriots in opener by a 33-20 count. According to Schefter, the bulk of those quotes were about how Patriots quit, about how the Dolphins took it to them. Each member of the team was able to repeatedly walk past and read the multitude of quotes the Miami players said about them after the opener.

Report: Bill Belichick displayed Week 1 quotes from Miami Dolphins in Gillette Stadium this week | masslive.com

Bill Belichick likes to block the outside noise, but he also sometimes uses it as a motivational tool.

As Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning, Belichick placed quotes from Miami Dolphins players following their Week 1 victory over the Patriots on screens around the Gillette facility this week.​

It's a game of emotion. Whoever said they don't use anything they can find to motivate doesn't know what they're talking about. Did Rodney, Brady, Mcginest, Bruschi etc. play better with a chip on their shoulder? C'mon now!

"All he does is talk. He's terrible, and you can print that. I was happy when he was in the game."

lol

I'll certainly admit I was not pleased with the team's play at the beginning of the season. Though really the only thing that truly worried me was the play of the OL (and huge credit to the players and coaches for righting that ship)

But I really had no doubt that the offense and defense would come together by December (especially after seeing year after year of a BB coached team needing the first half of the season to really get into peak form (barring major injuries) to fully integrate BB's sometimes complex "system" of offense and defense)

I give Belichick full credit for that - and I give him full credit for drafting/signing the players who "fit" his system in terms of having the intelligence and drive to buy into his scheme in which every player/position has a role, relative to their skills and his strategy from week to week

It's the epitome of football as a team sport of violence chess - the main reason why I LOVE this sport and the Patriots specifically

But of course, a major tip of the hat to the PLAYERS themselves who can actually see and understand what Belichick is doing. They're the ones that execute, as brilliant as Belichick is - and I love the fact that they take such pride in themselves and the team that this bulletin board material does indeed drive them to excel

We are truly fortunate to be able to watch and enjoy this team and this organization

It's been an exceptionally enjoyable season

Its not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore